A true Halo player without playing the campaign?

I have friends that refuse to give the halo campaigns a try. They love the multiplayer and call themselves a “True Halo Player”. Can you be a true halo player and not play the campaigns? Personally, I think no, Halo’s story is what makes halo, halo. Multiplayer is meant to be a side mode after the main story.

Ya I noticed a lot of people just play halo for the multiplayer but, I defiantly feel like every Halo player should experience the campaign at least once

> 2533274800329506;2:
> Ya I noticed a lot of people just play halo for the multiplayer but, I defiantly feel like every Halo player should experience the campaign at least once

Yea I agree w this. Now a days I don’t play the campaign bc I already have. MP it is for me.

> 2535463702242386;1:
> I have friends that refuse to give the halo campaigns a try. They love the multiplayer and call themselves a “True Halo Player”. Can you be a true halo player and not play the campaigns? Personally, I think no, Halo’s story is what makes halo, halo. Multiplayer is meant to be a side mode after the main story.

Yeah, this is what a true halo player would be: campaign first, then everything else. Can i call myself a true halo player if i never experienced mp?

There is no such thing as a “true halo player”.

To be a true halo player you need the full experience. You can be talented and skilled and love Multiplayer but in my book you need to experience everything. I honestly don’t even consider myself a true halo player as I haven’t even read or heard the full halo books. To be true you need to know everything halo! To love halo and be true halo fan mean different things, true is for the elite fans of halo… video game skills aside! I’m willing to go as far as separating “Player” “Fan”, fan includes everything halo brand. Player is only video games I say a true player of halo needs to have beaten all Campaigns at least once any difficulty. This was a tricky and good question.

It’s disappointing that they choose not to experience the campaigns, since unlike a lot of modern shooters, they do indeed form part of the complete experience - but I’m not really in favor of gatekeeping. They can call themselves true Halo fans if they want.

> 2535457525040237;6:
> To be a true halo player you need the full experience. You can be talented and skilled and love Multiplayer but in my book you need to experience everything. I honestly don’t even consider myself a true halo player as I haven’t even read or heard the full halo books. To be true you need to know everything halo! To love halo and be true halo fan mean different things, true is for the elite fans of halo… video game skills aside! I’m willing to go as far as separating “Player” “Fan”, fan includes everything halo brand. Player is only video games I say a true player of halo needs to have beaten all Campaigns at least once any difficulty. This was a tricky and good question.

Yeah I agree with you, but I don’t think the books are necessary, they are just extra.

Everyone knows you have to complete LASO on all campaigns to be a true Halo player! Lmao But honestly, I have a group of friends I’ve played with since the days of Halo 3 some of them have not played the campaigns and they still enjoy the games all the same. It’s just whatever you enjoy doing within the game and how much time you put in- in my opinion. Some of my best memories in these games are from custom games and that’s honestly what a couple of my friends only play. As long as you’re playing the game and putting the time in, it doesn’t matter what you spend it doing.

> 2533274857643637;9:
> Everyone knows you have to complete LASO on all campaigns to be a true Halo player! Lmao But honestly, I have a group of friends I’ve played with since the days of Halo 3 some of them have not played the campaigns and they still enjoy the games all the same. It’s just whatever you enjoy doing within the game and how much time you put in- in my opinion. Some of my best memories in these games are from custom games and that’s honestly what a couple of my friends only play. As long as you’re playing the game and putting the time in, it doesn’t matter what you spend it doing.

Facts, jus as stckrboy said, there’s no true Halo Player. Everyone does whatever. All that matters is that YOU ARE A HALO PLAYER. Campaign, fr don’t matter if you sweat in MP.

There aren’t any “true fans” of anything, and I would rather not associate with anyone who calls themselves that. We are all fans of the games whether we play every aspect or just one. Sure, there are bigger fans out there, but they are no less truer than the average fan.

> 2535463702242386;1:
> I have friends that refuse to give the halo campaigns a try. They love the multiplayer and call themselves a “True Halo Player”. Can you be a true halo player and not play the campaigns? Personally, I think no, Halo’s story is what makes halo, halo. Multiplayer is meant to be a side mode after the main story.

I think you definitely can call someone who is only passionate about multiplayer a true Halo player - it isn’t up to us to gatekeep which modes make people fans/players of the game.

Although I’m much more in the same vein of thinking/line of thought as you, I’ve had friends that are multiplayer only and I would still qualify them under that umbrella.

If they are dedicated to MP, then I think they are “true Halo fans.” Halo has always been known for both campaign and MP. To me, a Halo game is not complete if it has one and not the other. So, in my mind, if you love and enjoy only one or the other, you are still experiencing something that is Halo through and through.

For many players, the MP is what they sink the most time into even if they have done everything tied to the campaign. There are also those who don’t play the MP at all and only do stuff like speedrunning in campaigns. No reason to suggest they are not “true fans.” Going beyond, there are those who are only interested in the lore and they are real fans too. They choose to experience the Halo universe a different way is all.

As I see it, the only people that aren’t really fans are betrayers, idlers, 0-20 feeders, and people who take part in those weird custom games where you stand around doing nothing.

> 2533274824050480;13:
> If they are dedicated to MP, then I think they are “true Halo fans.” Halo has always been known for both campaign and MP. To me, a Halo game is not complete if it has one and not the other. So, in my mind, if you love and enjoy only one or the other, you are still experiencing something that is Halo through and through.
>
> For many players, the MP is what they sink the most time into even if they have done everything tied to the campaign. There are also those who don’t play the MP at all and only do stuff like speedrunning in campaigns. No reason to suggest they are not “true fans.” Going beyond, there are those who are only interested in the lore and they are real fans too. They choose to experience the Halo universe a different way is all.
>
> As I see it, the only people that aren’t really fans are betrayers, idlers, 0-20 feeders, and people who take part in those weird custom games where you stand around doing nothing.

The stupid sticky grenade customs are one of those lol :joy:

> 2535457525040237;6:
> To be a true halo player you need the full experience. You can be talented and skilled and love Multiplayer but in my book you need to experience everything. I honestly don’t even consider myself a true halo player as I haven’t even read or heard the full halo books. To be true you need to know everything halo! To love halo and be true halo fan mean different things, true is for the elite fans of halo… video game skills aside! I’m willing to go as far as separating “Player” “Fan”, fan includes everything halo brand. Player is only video games I say a true player of halo needs to have beaten all Campaigns at least once any difficulty. This was a tricky and good question.

books don’t make you a true halo player; I agree with stckrboy.

for me, to be a true Halo player is a halo player ( a person who plays Halo ) that likes halo and plays it.
There is no such thing as a true Halo player, i think what your friend meant that he likes halo and he is a true halo player, meaning he stays true to Halo. I think if a person only plays its multiplayer, it is still halo right? dont tell me the Halo multiplayer isn’t halo, it is part of Halo, so i think that he is a Halo Player… if i hear something like true halo Player, they refer to like a OG hardcore fan of Halo that will buy ALL halo games and play em all.

A true Halo player should be a person who plays at least one of the Halo games. If a person calls himself a true Halo player but doesn’t play a single Halo game, then it’s difficult to say that the person is a true Halo player. The same thing can also be said by a person for reads the books but doesn’t play any of the games.

A true halo player just needs to be a fan of the game in my opinion.

There is no such thing as a ‘true halo player’ you either play halo or you don’t, you either like halo or you don’t. No true scotsman fallacies and gatekeeping don’t benefit anyone.