A Toxic Environment

Wow. So Halo 5 has been out in the wild for 3.5 days and these forums have turned completely toxic. On Monday nobody could contain their excitement. I really hope the folks at 343 who made the game don’t read or take 90% of these posts seriously. If you ask me Halo 5 is great. I haven’t had a chance to play a lot yet but what I have played I love. Please stop trying to turn the clock back to 2002.

Add back all the basic features they took away and you will hear less. Simple.

> 2533274872004561;2:
> Add back all the basic features they took away and you will hear less. Simple.

See. Thats what I’m talking about. You’re part of the problem. The changes that were made needed to be made in order for the game to evolve.

> 2533274872004561;2:
> Add back all the basic features they took away and you will hear less. Simple.

I agree. The younger crowd who are new to Halo seem to be unaware that 343 has been removing features from Halo since 2011. Their first offense was removing the Halo Anniversary Map Pack DLC from matchmaking and replacing it with Forge maps. So, if you bought the map pack, you could play it for approx 3-5 months online before it was removed and you would never be able to get the achievements associated with it. Ever since, it’s been one thing after another.

I 100% agree with you. Every iteration of Halo has brought haters out. People don’t know what they want. They say they want old halo but no one is playing MCC. They won’t be happy no matter what comes with the new game. Halo 5 is my favorite Halo ever. Been playing since 2004 and I love everything about it. Including the story, the plot, the gameplay. I just don’t get the haters.

> 2556731038472681;1:
> Wow. So Halo 5 has been out in the wild for 3.5 days and these forums have turned completely toxic. On Monday nobody could contain their excitement. I really hope the folks at 343 who made the game don’t read or take 90% of these posts seriously. If you ask me Halo 5 is great. I haven’t had a chance to play a lot yet but what I have played I love. Please stop trying to turn the clock back to 2002.

I tend to agree, the people who are vocal on here are the people who don’t like it. All of the people who love the game are probably too busy playing it to even bother with these forums.

> 2556731038472681;1:
> Wow. So Halo 5 has been out in the wild for 3.5 days and these forums have turned completely toxic. On Monday nobody could contain their excitement. I really hope the folks at 343 who made the game don’t read or take 90% of these posts seriously. If you ask me Halo 5 is great. I haven’t had a chance to play a lot yet but what I have played I love. Please stop trying to turn the clock back to 2002.

Just because we want a balanced game that doesn’t have unbalanced weapons and a terrible spawn system means we want to turn the clock back to 2002.

[deleted]

> 2556731038472681;3:
> > 2533274872004561;2:
> > Add back all the basic features they took away and you will hear less. Simple.
>
>
> See. Thats what I’m talking about. You’re part of the problem. The changes that were made needed to be made in order for the game to evolve.

He’s part of the problem because he wants basic features that the game has always had? How does a game evolve when it’s been stripped of it’s core?

> 2745051201462131;5:
> I 100% agree with you. Every iteration of Halo has brought haters out. People don’t know what they want. They say they want old halo but no one is playing MCC. They won’t be happy no matter what comes with the new game. Halo 5 is my favorite Halo ever. Been playing since 2004 and I love everything about it. Including the story, the plot, the gameplay. I just don’t get the haters.

No one’s playing MCC because of all the problems associated with it. You’re a liar when you say you’ve been playing since 04.

> 2533274805293062;9:
> > 2556731038472681;3:
> > > 2533274872004561;2:
> > > Add back all the basic features they took away and you will hear less. Simple.
> >
> >
> > See. Thats what I’m talking about. You’re part of the problem. The changes that were made needed to be made in order for the game to evolve.
>
>
> He’s part of the problem because he wants basic features that the game has always had? How does a game evolve when it’s been stripped of it’s core?

just stop.

Yeah it seems someone might be paying them off

> 2535435166399524;8:
> > 2556731038472681;3:
> > > 2533274872004561;2:
> > > Add back all the basic features they took away and you will hear less. Simple.
> >
> >
> > See. Thats what I’m talking about. You’re part of the problem. The changes that were made needed to be made in order for the game to evolve.
>
>
> Op the halo community was always like this. This is its true colors, disgusting right? Don’t you feel a little embarrassed knowing that you’re apart of this community?

yeah kinda lol

> 2556731038472681;3:
> > 2533274872004561;2:
> > Add back all the basic features they took away and you will hear less. Simple.
>
>
> See. Thats what I’m talking about. You’re part of the problem. The changes that were made needed to be made in order for the game to evolve.

What like the lobby, file share, announcer in WZ?

> 2556731038472681;11:
> > 2533274805293062;9:
> > > 2556731038472681;3:
> > > > 2533274872004561;2:
> > > > Add back all the basic features they took away and you will hear less. Simple.
> > >
> > >
> > > See. Thats what I’m talking about. You’re part of the problem. The changes that were made needed to be made in order for the game to evolve.
> >
> >
> > He’s part of the problem because he wants basic features that the game has always had? How does a game evolve when it’s been stripped of it’s core?
>
>
> just stop.

Nice “response”. Sure did help your “argument” didn’t it?

343i (all the companies, studios, etc.) shouldn’t give the game before the official release to the press… :v

I’ve been part of this community for less than two months and I have to say I’m a little disappointed by all the negativity too, it was surprising to me since I wasn’t here for the releases of the last couple games.

I realize they’ve made very controversial decisions with the franchise. Not everyone is going to agree. But when they do that, I feel like, you offer constructive, reasonable criticism (i.e. not namecalling, cursing or insulting 343’s intelligence) and then if they still don’t listen to you, maybe you accept this isn’t the franchise for you anymore and move on if you don’t like it…

There are lots of folks, probably the majority, who love Halo 5, but it just seems like the negativity is all that keeps getting bumped and discussed. I tried twice this week to post a very positive personal review and I wanted 343 to see it since we know they do watch these boards - and both times it got bumped off the front page in like 2 minutes.

Edit: fixed a typo.

I want the the things back that were always there. Don’t care about splitscreen, the magnum, spawns in swat.

You dont sell cheese pizzas and decide one day to stop putting cheese on it!

The gaming crash of 83-84 is making a comeback? To this nasty everyone has an opinion generation, I was in feedback back I have librarian emblem. I wanted ranked free for all, agreed with Sprint wholeheartedly and made sure to mention every time I could that Sprint was valid amongst many other things you haters …hate :slight_smile:

To be honest I was expecting this no matter what because it’s what the gaming community has become. You’re not allowed to enjoy things, you have to hate and find faults.

Besides, those having fun with the game are too busy doing that