A tip for 343 regarding the next halo game.

Remeber what made halo stand out to begin with- Simplicity.

HCE streamlined everything and that’s why it was great. You didn’t have a million weapons at a time, you didn’t have hundreds of different kinds of health pick ups, you didn’t have powers and junk. You had two weapons, redounding health , static reticules and consistent player traits. It made the game feel really solid. Bungie has slowly strayed from this and their games have become the very thing HCE saved us from so long ago; overly complex messes.

Although I agree, but do keep all the “overly complex mess” in forge so it is still a possibility. For campaign and default mulitplayer don’t go too crazy.

I agree wholeheartedly. Hopefully 343 takes this to heart.

It’s still simple. And the simplicity of HCE also included vehicles, powerups, lots of weapons and a radar. Hasn’t changed as much as some think, most just forget.

What’s up with the sandbox and mechanics complaining today?

People don’t want 343 to do what Bungie did, make such a random and frustraiting game, I really thought Reach was going to be better, but bloom and loadouts took away something which made Halo better than any other FPS out there.

Change was good for cod4 (note that there weren’t any big chances in the series after this game), but for Halo is better to focus more on gameplay/map/campaign/multiplayer quality, than graphics and silly gimmicks, lots of gamers appreciate that.

> People don’t want 343 to do what Bungie did, make such a random and frustraiting game, I really thought Reach was going to be better, but bloom and loadouts took away something which made Halo better than any other FPS out there.
>
> Change was good for cod4 (note that there weren’t any big chances in the series after this game), but for Halo is better to focus more on gameplay/map/campaign/multiplayer quality, than graphics and silly gimmicks, lots of gamers appreciate that.

I agree with this wholeheartedly!

Loudouts are basically the same as equipment. Sprint is just the speed increased a little. Jetpack is like the grav lift. The drop shield is like the bubble shield. Armor lock is like the overshields are when you first pick them up. Active camo is like the camo powerup. I guess the only thing technically new would be evade.

> Loudouts are basically the same as equipment. Sprint is just the speed increased a little. Jetpack is like the grav lift. The drop shield is like the bubble shield. Armor lock is like the overshields are when you first pick them up. Active camo is like the camo powerup. I guess the only thing technically new would be evade.

The problem with this is that you forget that AAs are selected at spawn… and people spam them… again and again! You had to fight for equipment and they were one time use. And the whole game was built around AAs! A bad idea.

> It’s still simple. And the simplicity of HCE also included vehicles, powerups, lots of weapons and a radar. Hasn’t changed as much as some think, most just forget.

Armor abilities dictate gameplay. That alone is a dramatic change.

I think you guys should read this:

http://halo.bungie.org/misc/stuntmutt.html?type=main&image=hrbeta_01

Or, they should add a Classic Playlist where you fight for it, with just a little bit increased speed in Reach. I really don’t understand… the customization options are there for you. :stuck_out_tongue:

They aren’t going to make a mistake by adding AA. Playing games like Invasion makes things intense. :wink:

if i had a tip it would be customize the settings to allow socials weapons all equal but not include the br or pistol in but instead make them hardcore or certain ranked only. second make the pistol but with extended mag stock so it equal to the brs ammo size. if possible have the pistol be a 3shot at cr, 4shot at mr and 5 shot at lr but make the pistol slightly faster than the br when spamming the trigger but make the br a 4 shot at all ranges

> > It’s still simple. And the simplicity of HCE also included vehicles, powerups, lots of weapons and a radar. Hasn’t changed as much as some think, most just forget.
>
> Armor abilities dictate gameplay. That alone is a dramatic change.

A feature of the game dictates gameplay? No way.

The H:CE pistol and H2/H3 BR don’t dictate gameplay at all either…

Completely agree, I think the next Halo game should try and get back more to the roots of Halo. Reach was successful in this in some ways but the randomness, imbalance, and AA kind or ruin it.

> Completely agree, I think the next Halo game should try and get back more to the roots of Halo. Reach was successful in this in some ways but the randomness, imbalance, and AA kind or ruin it.

What randomness and imbalance?

They have said that they are taking Halo in a whole new direction. I hope this means we can exspect Halo games simular the the very popular Star Wars Battle front series as a conquest style game. Other styles Halo could work in are ones like tacticle shooters like Ghost Recon , RPG like a Mass Effect , or even an open world adventure game like most Rockstar games like Red Dead Redemption 2.

> They have said that they are taking Halo in a whole new direction. I hope this means we can exspect Halo games simular the the very popular Star Wars Battle front series as a conquest style game. Other styles Halo could work in are ones like tacticle shooters like Ghost Recon , RPG like a Mass Effect , or even an open world adventure game like most Rockstar games like Red Dead Redemption 2.

I really hope they try to go forward rather than backwards. I dont want a remake of any game, cause even if they tried, it wouldnt be the same. Besides, I have played enough Halo: CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, and ODST that I dont want to paly it again.

If they made it like Mass Effect or Red Dead Redemption 2 I would be so happy. They need more replay value than just VS multiplayer. An open world RPG like Borderlands maybe, just more than the simple(relative) FPS it is.

> People don’t want 343 to do what Bungie did, make such a random and frustraiting game, I really thought Reach was going to be better, but bloom and loadouts took away something which made Halo better than any other FPS out there.
>
> Change was good for cod4 (note that there weren’t any big chances in the series after this game), but for Halo is better to focus more on gameplay/map/campaign/multiplayer quality, than graphics and silly gimmicks, lots of gamers appreciate that.

I like smart people like you.

>

I also agree with this sooooo much!!!