A thought on the mysteries 343i helmet.

I had a thought about this helmet since this news from E3. With Halo 3 they said there was no way of adding armor because of the code through the disc. Well when they added ODST that enabled us to have the recon and Vidmasters.
That being said does it seem logical now with CEA coming with 7 MM maps that it will have new armor coded into the disc? I am starting to program with C sharp, but I do still lack in some basic understanding. Since people have already gone through Reachs code then this would be a feasible explanation for the helmet we all so displayed to use.

So if this could be true what other things would you like to see?

The only thing I wonder about this idea is then we wouldn’t see it until November. Then from there we only have a year until H4, which I would assume will have it’s own MM servers. Would that give people enough time to earn the credits for said armor? Would the investment for 343i be worth it if a good portion of the population migrates to H4?

They said the only way they could do this would be to update all of the maps, since the maps have the armor info coded into them all individually. It could be done, but do they care?

And the helmet wasn’t a 343 helmet, it was a Reach beta helmet that didn’t make it into the final game for whatever reason.

> They said the only way they could do this would be to update all of the maps, since the maps have the armor info coded into them all individually. It could be done, but do they care?
>
> And the helmet wasn’t a 343 helmet, it was a Reach beta helmet that didn’t make it into the final game for whatever reason.

oh, from all the topics I read about it I never new it was from the Beta. That means that 343 was working on condemned since the Beta then? or because they have Reach coding that they are able to still use it?
thanks for the response

Could you please post were it was said that the helmet was only from the Beta?

Why would you want that helmet? It’s ugly.

> Why would you want that helmet? It’s ugly.

Honestly, for me it’s not that helmet. It’s just the hope that if they do add that helmet there maybe a few other things being added. A little flavour I suppose. I’m getting bored I guess lol

New armor could be added, but it probably won’t be. I’m fine with that.

They didn’t add recon when they released ODST, so it’s not the same as adding new armor. Recon had always been in the game, bungie just had to unlock it for you, that’s why when you finished the vidmasters you had to go to b.net to have it unlocked for you. It’s a serverside type armor, which is why you can’t have it offline (and it’s always been that way, I got recon before ODST and it was the same).
So, all I’m trying to say is they probably still can’t add armor to the game.

Halo 3: ODST didn’t add Recon to Halo 3, it simply allowed you to access it.
It was hidden by default but it always existed.

> They didn’t add recon when they released ODST, so it’s not the same as adding new armor. Recon had always been in the game, bungie just had to unlock it for you, that’s why when you finished the vidmasters you had to go to b.net to have it unlocked for you. It’s a serverside type armor, which is why you can’t have it offline (and it’s always been that way, I got recon before ODST and it was the same).
> So, all I’m trying to say is they probably still can’t add armor to the game.

oh I see. Well thanks for your informitive and respectful post. Oh well though, not a big deal.

Out of curiosity though, what’s this 343i helmet you’re talking about?

I believe people are referring to it as the marathon helmet. I seen it on BNet but it was also on the xbox dashboard. In a screen shot of the defiant map pack( condemned)there was three spartans and one had it on. Has an eye piece!

From BNet it was from a gameplay trailer that some people took screenshots from it.