A Thought I just had while replaying H4.

Composed Covenant.

UNSC and Elites vs Prometheans and Storm Covenant vs Flood vs Rogue Spartans vs Insurrectionists and Brutes vs Storm Prophets.

Make happen.

> UNSC and Elites vs Prometheans and Storm Covenant vs Flood vs Rogue Spartans vs Insurrectionists and Brutes vs Storm Prophets.
>
> Make happen.

You actually being serious or are you just mocking?

Wasn’t the Composer destroyed?

Since the Composer has been destroyed, how about:

Combat Skin-clad Covenant?

> Since the Composer has been destroyed, how about:
>
> Combat Skin-clad Covenant?

Do you mean Forerunner combat skin? Because technically Elites are already wearing combat skin.

Plus, Silentium stated that there is more than one Composer.

> Wasn’t the Composer destroyed?

Just because you’ve destroyed a Wraith doesn’t mean you’ve stopped the enemy from making more.

That’s an interesting thought, however we do know that the Didact focused his hatred on the human race, and the Covenant basically worship him. I’m not sure if he ever had any intention to compose any Covenant, if he did compose any in the first place.

> > Wasn’t the Composer destroyed?
>
> Just because you’ve destroyed a Wraith doesn’t mean you’ve stopped the enemy from making more.

But the Composer… was the Composer. Unless there’s another one out there or some composer factory is manufacturing more, that is.

> > Since the Composer has been destroyed, how about:
> >
> > Combat Skin-clad Covenant?
>
> Do you mean Forerunner combat skin? Because technically Elites are already wearing combat skin.
>
> Plus, Silentium stated that there is more than one Composer.

It did, but I doubt they’d bring it back. Besides referring to it as THE Composer, it would be a bit, what, anticlimactic? if they just went “There are MORE!” after hyping up the one.

As for Elite’s armor, like everything else the Covies have it’s probably just a crude knockoff (and knowing the Covenant, based on a Forerunner apron, Prophets having translated the glyphs on it to mean “Holy Armor” rather than “Kiss the Cook”.) With actual Combat Skin they would be much more… interesting to fight.

There’s more than one composer.

What difference would it make? It’s just the soul that seems to change.

> > > Since the Composer has been destroyed, how about:
> > >
> > > Combat Skin-clad Covenant?
> >
> > Do you mean Forerunner combat skin? Because technically Elites are already wearing combat skin.
> >
> > Plus, Silentium stated that there is more than one Composer.
>
> <mark>It did, but I doubt they’d bring it back. Besides referring to it as THE Composer, it would be a bit, what, anticlimactic? if they just went “There are MORE!” after hyping up the one.</mark>
>
> As for Elite’s armor, like everything else the Covies have it’s probably just a crude knockoff (and knowing the Covenant, based on a Forerunner apron, Prophets having translated the glyphs on it to mean “Holy Armor” rather than “Kiss the Cook”.) With actual Combat Skin they would be much more… interesting to fight.

Kinda… like Dead Space Markers?

I dont think it even works on anything not human/forerunner. That’s why it doesn’t work on the Didact, he has changed his biotic makeup so much he isn’t even really forerunner any more.

> It did, but I doubt they’d bring it back. Besides referring to it as THE Composer, it would be a bit, what, anticlimactic? if they just went “There are MORE!” after hyping up the one.

They may have called it THE Bomb, but we currently have hundreds of them.

Logistically it would be silly to have only one machine when your goal is to create an army with it. Not to mention silly to process the all of the defeated humans that way.

> With actual Combat Skin they would be much more… interesting to fight.

That’s basically the premise of the idea.

You have Composed Covenant troops in the mix to add Forerunner visuals and new wrinkles to the combat.

I just thought. If The Flood were to return, would the Forerunner (Prometheans) ally with them? Could you imagine both Prometheans and The Flood working together. Also, I just got the image in my head of a grunt riding a crawler. Food for thought.

Y’know… I wouldn’t be at all surprised if this were true, OP.
At some point in SpOps, (in Warrens) you can fight Elites with Scattershots and Grunts with Boltshots…

If the remnant Covies continued to be allied with the Didact, I’m sure they could be augmented with the Composer…

But wasn’t the Composer destroyed? (forgive me, I’m a little fuzzy on the details.)

> But wasn’t the Composer destroyed? (forgive me, I’m a little fuzzy on the details.)

Yes, but common sense says not to put all your eggs in one basket and invent a device to create soldiers from your enemies for you and then only build one of the device.

It’s within the realm of possibility that there was only one built of The Composer The Superweapon because it was expensive and/or time prohibitive but that several dozen/hundred/thousand smaller more localized Composers were created.

It’d make sense storywise. The Didact didn’t just want humans to eclipse the Forerunners, he was going to use the Composer on ANYBODY who was seen as a threat to his species. Would be a way to keep the Covenant in line.