A theory on the GI info...

Hi, I have a theory on the information 343 released in Game Informer…
I beleive Halo 4 will cater towards the competetive player much much more than Reach ever did even consdering the info released in game informer, let me explain.

I beleive 343 has a grand scheme on how they are releasing they’re info because honestly all of the information on multiplayer they released GREATLY contradicts the direction they have been leading us to think they were going with the franchise ie EVERY change they have made to Reach, making it more competetive like reducing bloom, adding bleed through, nerfing armor lock and so on.

From what I gather was released about multiplayer in GI, not one bit of the info would make one of the competetive players happy, X-ray vision, Jet Pack, Random Weapon Drops, Custom Load outs and so on, So im thinking there must be some strategy to all this, I mean I thought it was an April fools joke when I first read it.

Why release info that will probably upset the group of players that are likely to go looking for new Halo info (the loyal fan). Just doesnt make sense to me. I think they might reveal a whole competetive style game mode and not just a classic playlist but something quite substantial. I think this release is just phsycological, bad news first is always better right? save the best till last, things can only get better and so on ;). Anyways im rambling because im tired, let me know what you think.

One bump to see if I got lost in the sea of posts atm or if no ones really that interested lol.

So you’re saying you think they will split Ranked and Social again and remove custom lodouts, weapon drops, instant respawns and mid-game joining for Ranked? I would do that if I were them but I’d enjoy the game regardless.

Actually I agree with some of what you say. I think 343 as to deliver certain news like it has been because of a strategy. If you want to get people talking, make them mad. So I believe they are bringing about the controversial items first. Get people stirred and they will search for more info and start spreading the news. I believe as time goes by we will eventually hear such awesome things that we have been wanting from a Halo game that we will be awe struck.

i doubt it is more focused on the competitive community it never has been and never will be because we are not the majority and that is all that matters

> Actually I agree with some of what you say. I think 343 as to deliver certain news like it has been because of a strategy. If you want to get people talking, make them mad. So I believe they are bringing about the controversial items first. Get people stirred and they will search for more info and start spreading the news. I believe as time goes by we will eventually hear such awesome things that we have been wanting from a Halo game that we will be awe struck.

Exactly! For one reason or another I think this was meant to be controversial, I mean imagine how much they must discuss what to release and what not to release, and this info seems so directly catered towards going against competetive play. 343 arent stupid, they could of easily released some info about ranked playlist or anything that might make a competetive player happy but they didnt…hmmmm

They said they got the reaction they were expecting, and that they’ll be clarifying things more in the future. The thing is they legally can’t get into too much detail on certain things just yet because it would get in the way of Game Informer’s business.