A terribly stumped newcomer

Okay, first things first: I’m VERY new to this, and it is my first time playing a Halo game with the intent to start at the beginning and finish to the end(I’m bad at first person shooters lol). I haven’t had an Xbox in so long, and when I did have one, I only played racing games. Anyways, that story aside, I have a serious question:

In the second mission, after getting to the bridge of the Autumn, I’ve been trying to pull out my pistol, but every time I press Y to switch weapons, or X to reload, nothing happens. If I pull the trigger on the pistol, in blue letters, “No Weapon” appears.

Thanks so much in advance!

Best Regards :slight_smile:

> In the second mission, after getting to the bridge of the Autumn,

I’m guessing you mean the first mission.

> I’ve been trying to pull out my pistol, but every time I press Y to switch weapons, or X to reload, nothing happens. If I pull the trigger on the pistol, in blue letters, “No Weapon” appears.

You can’t use the pistol yet because, as Keyes said, he doesn’t keep it loaded.

Just leave the Bridge like he tells you to.

> > In the second mission, after getting to the bridge of the Autumn,
>
> I’m guessing you mean the first mission.
>
>
>
> > I’ve been trying to pull out my pistol, but every time I press Y to switch weapons, or X to reload, nothing happens. If I pull the trigger on the pistol, in blue letters, “No Weapon” appears.
>
> You can’t use the pistol yet because, as Keyes said, he doesn’t keep it loaded.
>
> Just leave the Bridge like he tells you to.

This.

Welcome to Halo. Introduce yourself in the Roll Call section.

EDIT:343rd post

Yeah, thanks so much guys. I’ve gotten my bearings oiled now, I just went ahead and continued the second part of the first mission. :slight_smile: