A Ten Question Survey

In this thread, I will compile many of the concurrent concerns of Halo 4. This is more of an experiment to find out where Halo Waypoint users stand on several trending topics. After a few days, I will gather all the data and give a ratio of true to false in another thread and give key reasons/concerns of the set topic question(s).

Answer true or false; support your view with a brief explanation.

1. The BR should stay a 5 shot kill.

2. I prefer ranks hidden.

3. Jetpack should return to matchmaking (War Games) for use in competitive play.

4. I have/will be pre-ordering Halo 4.

5. The three maps, Haven, Adrift, and Longbow have impressed me into believing Halo 4 will have maps which will keep gameplay balanced, fair, and fun to play.

6. The carbine nerf is something I approve of.

7. Active camo should return as an powerup, not armor ability.

8. Being able to use a pistol with the CTF flag doesn’t concern me.

9. My first impressions of Spartan Ops have been positive.

10. Halo: Reach’s plot should tie in with Halo 4’s in someway, whether big or small.

Thanks for your time. I’ll have the statistics up soon, depending on the response to this thread.

EDIT: If you’re even on the question, just say “don’t care.”

> In this thread, I will compile many of the concurrent concerns of Halo 4. This is more of an experiment to find out where Halo Waypoint users stand on several trending topics. After a few days, I will gather all the data and give a ratio of true to false in another thread and give key reasons/concerns of the set topic question(s).
>
> Answer true or false; support your view with a brief explanation.
>
> 1. The BR should stay a 5 shot kill.
>
> 2. I prefer ranks hidden.
>
> 3. Jetpack should return to matchmaking (War Games) for use in competitive play.
>
> 4. I have/will be pre-ordering Halo 4.
>
> 5. The three maps, Haven, Adrift, and Longbow have impressed me into believing Halo 4 will have maps which will keep gameplay balanced, fair, and fun to play.
>
> 6. The carbine nerf is something I approve of.
>
> 7. Active camo should return as an powerup, not armor ability.
>
> 8. Being able to use a pistol with the CTF flag doesn’t concern me.
>
> 9. My first impressions of Spartan Ops have been positive.
>
> 10. Halo: Reach’s plot should tie in with Halo 4’s in someway, whether big or small.
>
> If you’ve found this post interesting or enjoyable to participate in, please leave a thank for this post. Thanks for your time. I’ll have the statistics up soon, depending on the response to this thread.

1. I don’t care.

2. I don’t care.

3. I don’t really care.

4. True.

5. True.

6. Still don’t care, DMR <3

7. I like Camo. AA.

8. It’s a f***** cool idea. I like it.

9.Very much so. True.

1. What the hell? No. Why Reach?

I’m too lazy to make explanations and I’m adding a third option, I dont care.

1: I don’t care

2: I don’t care

3: Yes

4: Yes

5: Yes

6: Can’t make comment until we find out what the nerf entails…

7: YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!

8: Yes

9: Yes

10: Not only do I not care, I doubt it will anyway.

Hope dat helped.

1. No. I think it should be a 4SK BR.
  2. I don’t care either way as long as I can see it myself.
  3. NO.
  4. Yes.
  5. Yes.
  6. We don’t know what it entails, so as long as it doesn’t make it useless, I don’t care.
  7. I wouldn’t mind this. As long as Camo isn’t broken as an AA, I’m fine with this too.
  8. Not at all. Why would it? It’s not like Flag Carriers will be unstoppable.
  9. Definitely.
  10. Uh, what? That makes no sense at all.
  1. True, it was overpowered before.
  2. False, I love having that number near my name. It represents my skill.
    3.False, as much as I loved it, it was map breaking.
    4.True, I have pre-ordered the LE edition, but I want a LE controller too. :stuck_out_tongue:
    5.n/a, Have not seen much gameplay.
    6.False, I just don’t. I loved how the carbine was the only gun that could truly stand up to the BR.
    7.False, It added a stealth option to MM.
    8.True. I dont think you could do much damage with it anyway.
    9.True. While not a true successor to firefight, who can argue against free content?
    10.False.
  1. Hard to tell for now, but I’d say it has a chance to work.

2. I don’t really care, but I’m not dying for a visible rank either. I see the reasons why it is hidden.

3. I heard it has been nerfed, balanced. It should be better, so it should be fine.

4. I will be pre-ordering it.

5. I would say so. Besides the maps looking great visually IMO, I think it shouldn’t be hard to play competitively on there. I’ll like them.

6. I wasn’t aware the Carbine was being nerfed, but if it promotes balance, I’m fine with it.

7. If it works right and is balanced, it can stay as an AA.

8. It does not concern me, I think it’ll be better with it.

9. Indeed they have. Soartan Ops looks great for me, as I love story and intense action.

10. No. Halo 4 should be a new and unique story, and I don’t see how Reach’s story would do much good for it.

Your welcome for taking the time to do this survey.

> In this thread, I will compile many of the concurrent concerns of Halo 4. This is more of an experiment to find out where Halo Waypoint users stand on several trending topics. After a few days, I will gather all the data and give a ratio of true to false in another thread and give key reasons/concerns of the set topic question(s).
>
>
>
>
> 3. Jetpack should return to matchmaking (War Games) for use in competitive play.
>
>
> 5. The three maps, Haven, Adrift, and Longbow have impressed me into believing Halo 4 will have maps which will keep gameplay balanced, fair, and fun to play.
>
>
>
>
>
> 10. Halo: Reach’s plot should tie in with Halo 4’s in someway, whether big or small.
>
> If you’ve found this post interesting or enjoyable to participate in, please leave a thank for this post. Thanks for your time. I’ll have the statistics up soon, depending on the response to this thread.

1. i dont care

2. false

3. false

4. true

5. it may keep balance of the game but i dont like them

6. i dont care

7. true

8. true

9. havnt seen enough cant say just yet.

10. false

Don’t care.

2. I prefer ranks hidden.
    Don’t care.

3. Jetpack should return to matchmaking (War Games) for use in competitive play.
    True.

4. I have/will be pre-ordering Halo 4.
    True.

5. The three maps, Haven, Adrift, and Longbow have impressed me into believing Halo 4 will have maps which will keep gameplay balanced, fair, and fun to play.
    True/Don’t care.

6. The carbine nerf is something I approve of.
    True.

7. Active camo should return as an powerup, not armor ability.
    False.

8. Being able to use a pistol with the CTF flag doesn’t concern me.
    True.

9. My first impressions of Spartan Ops have been positive.
    True.

10. Halo: Reach’s plot should tie in with Halo 4’s in someway, whether big or small.
    Don’t care.

1. False. It’s a classic 4 shot kill, and the DMR is also a 5 shot kill, as is the DMR would beat the BR every time in a fair fight.

2. False. Not only does it provide motivation to play well, it provides motivation to avoid doing badly.

3. I’d rather see it not return, keep the fighting to the ground. If you want control of the map, use the paths to get there.

4. I want to, but I probably won’t.

5. True, I am content with the map content I have seen so far.

6. False. The carbine was fine as it was, it got beat by the BR, and it would get beat by the DMR even without a nerf.

7. Absolutely true. That’s a power weapon. It was a key element that gameplay needed to be styled around.

8. False. It’s completely unnecessary if you use your teammates, and you should play team objective using your team.

9. True. I’m very excited by Spartan Ops, I think it’s a great concept.

10. Completely and totally false. No way. Reach came before CE, anything from Reach’s plot should have dissipated by the time H4 rolls around. Besides, Reach’s plot was stupid anyway.

1. I remember the BR from 3 but I didn’t use it all the time. I don’t care either way.
  2. False
  3. False (But I believe it should be in Spartan Ops)
  4. True (LE)
  5. True
  6. True
  7. True
  8. True
  9. True
  10. False. I loved Reach’s story, but by now, pretty much everyone knows that Noble Six delivered the package and saved humanity so his/her story is over. Besides, other than necessary nods, I believe that 4 needs to be it’s own story.

Irrelevant. The true question revolves around kill time and balance against the rest of the sandbox. From what I’ve seen, the bullet magnetism and auto aim and zero bloom of the BR more than makes up for the fact that it takes 5 trigger pulls to kill.

I want a visible rank, but I am willing to sacrifice this for the greater good of keeping bloody cheaters and account buyers out of my games in any way possible. Some Skill based rank is absolutely necessary though.

No way. I hate that thing. And it made maps unworkable and destroyed map control.

MmmHmmm… Limited all the way.

Seems that way so far. Especially Haven.

Not enough information to make an opinion.

Agreed wholeheartedly

Nope it doesn’t. Makes sense in fact.

Yep.

Some nod to Reach should be made, but it doesn’t have to dominate the plot.

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

1. I don’t care. All that matters is that the weapons are balanced so that there is not just one weapon used by 85% of the player base.

2. I don’t care. I’m not impressed by your rank. I don’t expect you to be impressed by mine.

3. Not in the same form as the jetpack in Reach. I don’t like what the Reach jetpack does to map control and I don’t like the way it’s heavily used by campers (in elevated, otherwise unreachable, areas).

4. True. I have pre-ordered the LE from Best Buy.

5. True. The maps look varied and fun and I’ve not seen many lopsided games. It’s hard to make a good call without playing them, though.

6. I don’t care. See my answer to #1.

7. It doesn’t matter to me either way. I never had a problem with the Active Camo armor ability, but it would be cool to call it in as your ordnance in Infinity Slayer.

8. True. The pistol doesn’t do much. If you’re close enough to want to use it instead of running, you’re almost close enough to hit your enemy with the flag.

9. True. Spartan Ops is looking like a nice progression of the Firefight experience.

10. True. They’re in the same universe, so they should at least avoid conflicting each other. That said, Reach was a long time ago (before Halo 1, even), so I’m not sure that anything else needs to be done.

No.

No.

No.

Yes.

Yes.

No.

Yes.

Indifferent.

Yes.

Indifferent.

Frankly? I prefer it this way. Because the DMR fires three-round bursts, you’re more likely to hit a target in the noggin than if you were using the DMR or Carbine. If the Battle Rifle was a four-shot-kill, it would be way too powerful and no one would use anything else.

1. I prefer ranks hidden.

I don’t care, but people like having their achievements on display, right? Why would you work towards being a high rank if no one can confirm it?

1. Jetpack should return to matchmaking (War Games) for use in competitive play.

Meh. It made maps too hard to balance. You had to be able to create a map with jet-pack use in mind, and that just makes things overly complicated. It was fun to use, but wasn’t worth the damage it did to map creation.

1. I have/will be pre-ordering Halo 4.

Yup.

1. The three maps, Haven, Adrift, and Longbow have impressed me into believing Halo 4 will have maps which will keep gameplay balanced, fair, and fun to play.

I’m still iffy on Adrift, but I think Haven is fine. Longbow, however, looks incredible. I can’t wait to stomp around on that map.

1. The carbine nerf is something I approve of.

Aww, I wanted to use the Carbine.:c

1. Active camo should return as an powerup, not armor ability.

Yes. I liked the old power-ups. It made invisibility feel important as opposed to abusable. I hated the invisible snipers on Hemorrhage in Reach, that was annoying.

1. Being able to use a pistol with the CTF flag doesn’t concern me.

That sounds awesome! It makes hunting down the flag-carrier that much more interesting. If the flag-carrier wants to take some pot-shots at his enemies, that will slow him down, right? Suddenly there’s a choice between prioritizing escape or stopping to get rid of those chasing you.

1. My first impressions of Spartan Ops have been positive.

Weekly episodic content for free? My only concern is that I still have one of those crappy 20 GB hard drives. :c

1. Halo: Reach’s plot should tie in with Halo 4’s in someway, whether big or small.

Reach’s plot was, in my opinion, not worth mentioning. Why was Halsey aware of the Spartan-IIIs? Why was the Pillar of Autumn on Reach? Why was that giant Forerunner structure introduced and forgotten so quickly? No, seriously, the reveal of that structure should have been really important, why did Bungie deal with it so nonchalantly?

Reach focused on a boring military campaign, as opposed to the mystery of discovering alien relics in past Halo games. It wasn’t interesting and contained enough canon-breaking material to infuriate my OCD side. I will admit that the Lone-Wolf ending was really good, though.

There’s no real way to connect the two games unless 343 decides to bring in Jun or Jorge somehow.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> <mark>1. True, it was overpowered before.</mark>
> 2. False, I love having that number near my name. It represents my skill.
> 3.False, as much as I loved it, it was map breaking.
> 4.True, I have pre-ordered the LE edition, but I want a LE controller too. :stuck_out_tongue:
> 5.n/a, Have not seen much gameplay.
> 6.False, I just don’t. I loved how the carbine was the only gun that could truly stand up to the BR.
> 7.False, It added a stealth option to MM.
> 8.True. I dont think you could do much damage with it anyway.
> 9.True. While not a true successor to firefight, who can argue against free content?
> 10.False.

I’m sorry if I offend anyone and forgive the stat flaming that may or may not occur but this needs to be said and accepted.

YOU SIR ARE HORRIBLE AT HALO!!! THINKING THAT IT WAS OVERPOWERED BEFORE IN PREVIOUS GAMES HAS ZEROOOOOOO SAYING ON WHAT IT WILL DO IN THIS GAME. YOUR W/L AND KD ARE TERRIBAD AND ITS KIDS LIKE YOU REVATRONPRIME THAT HAVE ZERO CONCEPT OF BALANCED GAMEPLAY. WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU SIR HAVE AGAINST THE BR IN HALO FREAKIN 4 BEING A 4 SHOT??? WAS THE DMR IN HALO 3 OR 2 OR 1??? NO IT WASN’T AND KIDS LIKE YOU RUNNING AROUND THIS COMMUNITY WHO HATE ON THAT WEAPON BECAUSE OF THE PAST ARE MAKING GUYS LIKE ME CRAZY CAUSE YOUR LOGIC FAIIIILLLLSSSS HORRIBLY, AND THUS YOUR OPINION BECOMES WORTHLESS. THERE ARE SOOO MANY PEOPLE WHO WANT THE BR TO BE BALANCED SO WE CAN PLAY WITH AN OLD FRIEND INSTEAD OF BEING COMPETITIVELY FORCED INTO USING THE MOTHER******* DMR WHICH RUINED HALO WITH ITS STUPID *** BLOOM.

whew…that felt good lolol And before any of you troll me, argue logically why the BR should stay at a 5sk instead of going to a 4sk.

The BR should be a 4 shot. This is to ensure balance, not to create a one gun game as most people do not, or will not, understand.

1. I prefer ranks hidden.

I would prefer an option to choose. I always viewed it as a motive to get higher, as opposed to a bragging right.

1. Jetpack should return to matchmaking (War Games) for use in competitive play.

Jetpack should die with Reach.

1. I have/will be pre-ordering Halo 4.

Pre-ordered three months ago. I will be upgrading to limited edition soon.

1. The three maps, Haven, Adrift, and Longbow have impressed me into believing Halo 4 will have maps which will keep gameplay balanced, fair, and fun to play.

Haven definitely looks competitive. The other two are amazing looking and I do believe will be quite fun to play.

1. The carbine nerf is something I approve of.

I liked it the way it was. I hope the nerf was only slight, and not related to killtime.

1. Active camo should return as an powerup, not armor ability.

True, I do not see a way to make sure it is useful while still balanced.

1. Being able to use a pistol with the CTF flag doesn’t concern me.

False, I do not hate it. But, I am cautiously excited about this feature.

1. My first impressions of Spartan Ops have been positive.

Definitely a welcomed feature in my book.

1. Halo: Reach’s plot should tie in with Halo 4’s in someway, whether big or small.

I feel there could be a reference. However, I do not understand the need for it.

>
>
> <mark>No comment</mark>
> <mark>Doesn’t phase me none</mark>
> <mark>No</mark>
> <mark>Yes</mark>
> <mark>Sure</mark>
> <mark>I suppose</mark>
> <mark>Don’t care either way. It’s bound to be an AA anyways …</mark>
> <mark>It doesn’t bother me</mark>
> <mark>Yes</mark>
> <mark>No, don’t see how it would</mark>
> Thanks for your time. I’ll have the statistics up soon, depending on the response to this thread.
>
> EDIT: If you’re even on the question, just say “don’t care.”

I’m aware that this is like a competitive questionnaire.

> > <mark>1. True, it was overpowered before.</mark>
> > 2. False, I love having that number near my name. It represents my skill.
> > 3.False, as much as I loved it, it was map breaking.
> > 4.True, I have pre-ordered the LE edition, but I want a LE controller too. :stuck_out_tongue:
> > 5.n/a, Have not seen much gameplay.
> > 6.False, I just don’t. I loved how the carbine was the only gun that could truly stand up to the BR.
> > 7.False, It added a stealth option to MM.
> > 8.True. I dont think you could do much damage with it anyway.
> > 9.True. While not a true successor to firefight, who can argue against free content?
> > 10.False.
>
> I’m sorry if I offend anyone and forgive the stat flaming that may or may not occur but this needs to be said and accepted.
>
> YOU SIR ARE HORRIBLE AT HALO!!! THINKING THAT IT WAS OVERPOWERED BEFORE IN PREVIOUS GAMES HAS ZEROOOOOOO SAYING ON WHAT IT WILL DO IN THIS GAME. YOUR W/L AND KD ARE TERRIBAD AND ITS KIDS LIKE YOU REVATRONPRIME THAT HAVE ZERO CONCEPT OF BALANCED GAMEPLAY. WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU SIR HAVE AGAINST THE BR IN HALO FREAKIN 4 BEING A 4 SHOT??? WAS THE DMR IN HALO 3 OR 2 OR 1??? NO IT WASN’T AND KIDS LIKE YOU RUNNING AROUND THIS COMMUNITY WHO HATE ON THAT WEAPON BECAUSE OF THE PAST ARE MAKING GUYS LIKE ME CRAZY CAUSE YOUR LOGIC FAIIIILLLLSSSS HORRIBLY, AND THUS YOUR OPINION BECOMES WORTHLESS. THERE ARE SOOO MANY PEOPLE WHO WANT THE BR TO BE BALANCED SO WE CAN PLAY WITH AN OLD FRIEND INSTEAD OF BEING COMPETITIVELY FORCED INTO USING THE MOTHER******* DMR WHICH RUINED HALO WITH ITS STUPID *** BLOOM.
>
> whew…that felt good lolol And before any of you troll me, argue logically why the BR should stay at a 5sk instead of going to a 4sk.

I respect your opinion of this guy but raging at him for his opinion is not the answer.

There is an old saying… If you like someone tell them. If you don’t, keep it to yourself.

Like I said, I respect your opinion, but if your going to jump on a large assumption about this guy when you probably have never played with him before, you should try to refrain from being so harsh.

1. With the lack of concrete evidence, and I mean actual testing and the like of all the weapons, not to mention waiting for the entire sandbox… No comment.

2. Doesn’t really bother me that much.

3. No thanks.

4. Already pre-ordered LE

5. I haven’t seen the entire maps, but probably not the kind most halo players are used to from what I’ve seen (I.E. Symmetrical). They look kind of different on the sides.

6. We don’t even know the details of it. (Unless I missed something)

7. It’s already been announced as an AA hasn’t it?

8. Unless it’s the CE pistol, you will likely be useless in most situations alone. So no.

9. Why, yes, of course!

10. How exactly would it do this? I mean 343 seems to do well enough with lore and stories, so it could end well… But again how could it happen?

1. If they can balance it out properly then sure

2. I don’t care

3. I don’t care

4. Ofcourse, LE baby!

5. Yes, I’m waiting in anticipation for a look at a new map

6. Yes. Obviously they’re doing it for balancing reasons. I support balance therefor I support the buff

7. I don’t care

8. I’m really interested in this feature and its implementation. Looking forward to this

9. I was always impressed with Spartan Ops

10. If done as a small reference or a nod to Reach then sure. If it becomes a big deal then no.