A Statement concerning Forge

I was just hoping, if 343i decides to add forge maps with rain, snow, or even sandstorms i hope that the weather is able to react with forge pieces. For instance, if you put a wall above you on a rainy map the rain would bounce off the wall instead of going right through it. Should this be implemented, Yes or No?

> I was just hoping, if 343i decides to add forge maps with rain, snow, or even sandstorms i hope that the weather is able to react with forge pieces. For instance, if you put a wall above you on a rainy map the rain would bounce off the wall instead of going right through it. Should this be implemented, Yes or No?

If they have dynamic lighting I’m sure this would be true if they had any maps with any weather elements.

I don’t think that’s a possibility of them adding it on disk but dlc maybe? I just hope forge doesn’t take over MM again

I think you’re going to have to wait until Halo 5 for anything like that.

> I think you’re going to have to wait until Halo 5 for anything like that.

Lies and slander.

There are still two more forge maps waiting to be revealed : )

> > I think you’re going to have to wait until Halo 5 for anything like that.
>
> Lies and slander.
>
> There are still two more forge maps waiting to be revealed : )

However, Forge weather effects were confirmed to not be in the game, as stated at RTX this year.

Unless it’s permanent in the map, I do believe they have said ther would be no changable weather effects.

> > > I think you’re going to have to wait until Halo 5 for anything like that.
> >
> > Lies and slander.
> >
> > There are still two more forge maps waiting to be revealed : )
>
> However, Forge weather effects were confirmed to not be in the game, as stated at RTX this year.

Mm. True. But that doesn’t mean we won’t get a snow forge map.

So far, it seems like Ravine is a forge world ripoff.

I don’t care about Ravine at all. If the other two forge maps are forge world-looking i’m going to be PISSED.

Halo 3 had more diversity in forge maps than halo friggen Reach.

Avalanche, Foundry, Sandbox, hell, even STANDOFF could be forged.

> > > I think you’re going to have to wait until Halo 5 for anything like that.
> >
> > Lies and slander.
> >
> > There are still two more forge maps waiting to be revealed : )
>
> However, Forge weather effects were confirmed to not be in the game, as stated at RTX this year.

Negative. DYNAMIC weather effects (meaning changing them on the fly) were confirmed out. Different weather for the different worlds, however, was not confirmed in OR out.

I don’t think it’s actually possible for the current-gen Xbox to render dynamic weather. It’s very impressive what they’ve done with the lighting on forge, but dynamic weather…I very much doubt it.

Although different weather themes for map and objects are very possible. I’d very much like to see a snow forge world :slight_smile:

EDIT: What Skadoofus said =p

That would be awesome if they added weather. But it won’t be in Halo 4, hopefully Halo 5