A Special Halo 4 Map

So in my last topic where i discussed which kind of multiplayer maps would be in Halo 4. I had this idea where we take the small gravity areas of Anchor 9, and put them between 2 ships. Now these 2 ships would be broken, disabled vessels such as a UNSC vessel named… the “True Courage” (for lack of a better name) and a Insurgence vessel named… “New Order”. Now these ships we will say were destroyed years ago, but for the sake of the new Infinity multiplayer, they are brought back to life, through the simulation program. Now as for the map its self, players will be spawning on separate vessels and will be in hanger/ tight corridors that will then lead to a 0 gravity space where players will leap across and engage in battle. The ships will be in very close proximity to keep players battling one another and keep game play quick. As for vehicles i think it would be best not to have any, i mean im sure people would take this space in forge and make the map into a space battle type of deal but i wouldnt have a problem playing a map like that in say, action sack.

Would players really enjoy this map, i think they would enjoy the map solely on the feeling of floating through space to face the enemy head on. When the future map packs do come out, and if this map isnt in mind, the community wouldnt be very upset at all, i for one will be creating this map and allowing people to choose between big epic space battles between friends and clans, as well as a close quarters type of map, ill have a poll on this topic so you can vote which you would like better. Just a thought <3

Love you Community!!!

I really like the idea of two ships and having to cross space to get to the enemy, it brings me back to Battlefront 2 space battles. The thruster pack should add an interesting boost across in the zero-g area in between the ships, though it should be possible to get across with it. Maybe hopping off ship debris and asteroids. Love the idea.

So in other words, you want a Boarding Action remake, with a low-gravity trait-zone forged in the middle.

> So in other words, you want a Boarding Action remake, with a low-gravity trait-zone forged in the middle.

That’s a pretty cool idea.

Have you ever seen Shattered Horizon? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqsU5nWLguU
Beautiful game. But it does play a little funky!

Ive always thought one of the most beautiful maps in halo reach was long night of solace flying the ships. That area was a sight to see!

> > So in other words, you want a Boarding Action remake, with a low-gravity trait-zone forged in the middle.
>
> That’s a pretty cool idea.

That was one of my favorite maps in Halo CE. Having the low gravity in-between will add so much more excitement to that map! I love the idea.

I was actually thinking the same thing about the debris as it would make an exciting addition to the bigger map with vehicles i was talking about in the post. Jet packing to scattered debris. Wonderful!!

You’ll actually be able to make this map in Halo 4’s Forge due to player trait zones.

Yeah im thinking if its not in any plans, aka DLC, then ill be playing with forge to build it. I dont know what type of maps ill have for forge to play with yet, but if theres a darker, more less lite up area, then i have an amazing idea and when i can ill upload a basic and detailed image of my plans. So stay tuned i guess.

Now how to make it space dark… That’s the hard part I guess.

Oh I want to try that in forge! What if it was a ship broken in half a bit and had gravity Zones sometimes here and there. Interesting!

Brilliant idea OP. I’m imagining floaty bits in the middle that you can jump off of that have a small amount of gravity, and also clear paths so you can jump straight across if you want to traverse the distance faster. At the risk of being shot up because you’re wide open. I’m thinking busted sabers, longswords, and pelicans. Along with giant crates and bits of ship. Some that are hazards, like a spinning longsword that will splatter you. . . . what a great concept.

> Now how to make it space dark… That’s the hard part I guess.
>
> Oh I want to try that in forge! What if it was a ship broken in half a bit and had gravity Zones sometimes here and there. Interesting!

Also a fantastic idea,

How about a frigate with a massive hole blown clean through the midsection. Still in one piece, but barely, and to traverse the middle of the map you have to use catwalks and the structural bits of the ship. And gravlifts, always gravlifts.

Could be set above reach or Earth perhaps.

Some platforming involved? Perhaps it would be in a storing section so it would explain the crates.

All are fantastic ideas and concepts. Like i said early ill try and get you all a photoshop picture of my plan and we can shape this map into something incredible.

I do like the idea of 1 ship torn in half, and it would bring a more different style than the Halo CE map Boarding Action. We will have to keep building off this idea!!

So, a combination of Anchor 9 and Boarding Action?

Also, how would players jump across if it’s a zero-G environment? They would just float away.

> So, a combination of Anchor 9 and Boarding Action?
>
> Also, how would players jump across if it’s a zero-G environment? They would just float away.

A jump-able boarding action sounds pretty sweet (The only difference would be that the ships aren’t flipped on their sides). I guess make it Low G environment.

Yes sorry, so not 0 G, but it would have a bit of gravtaion which would mean that a planet or something big would be under the destroyed vessels which would allow for the players gravity, making them not fly off to oblivion. I was planning on making it more developed then boarding action to the point where people would feel they are in a area all together. But as a basic idea yes it would appear like boarding action but would not be anything like it in the final version.

boarding action from CE?

no thanks.

Sounds like Boarding Action meets Anchor 9 meets Chiron TL-34 which actually sounds really interesting. I hadn’t thought of anything like this before but it actually sounds like it could be pretty fun.

I’d imagine it kinda like Chiron as they’d have teleporters to allow quick transport to areas that are otherwise hard to break into with the middle 0g area as a sort of risk vs reward for ease of travel yet put out in the open and vulnerable.

The ships would be small and very compact similar to Anchor 9 with broken off and destroyed areas that allow you to cross over or trade bullets like Boarding action.

If anything with player trait zones this could even be possible in Forge, and if so then I’d definitely love to make it. Sounds like it may not be the most competitive map but definitely a fun and unique one.

It’s like a better version of boarding action! I LOVE IT!

No, im not saying a remake. Im saying that it would seem like that map, but i completely new style of map. In the end result the map would be this beautiful, new designed level where you would leap across the traverse, and engage the enemy. It would in some ways resemble the old school map but it would bring forth new stratagies, and the map would be way more developed. There would not be a big gap, there would not be a straight drop down, you would have multiple ways in which you can get across, better Map play and alot more action packed then standing on different sides of eachother. Trust me, it will be great.