A Social playlist is needed!

I have noticed a problem since the CSR have been implemented. (And I think other have written threads about this aswell) I can’t play with my IRL friends anymore. This is because I have become much better than them (I play more) and have therefore much higher CSR.

The situation is like this. Their CSR is in the 1-10 region and my is in the 30-50 region depending on what playlist. If we go into a match where my CSR is in that region they get totally destroyed. Because of this they don’t want play Halo 4 that often. Almost never. The only playlist we can play atm is Big team since I don’t play that otherwise. And they don’t think that’s the most fun playlist either.

Therefore we need a social slayer, like we had i Halo 3, with Social Slayer, social Skirmish etc.

Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love the CSRs, but I still wanna have a chill time playing Halo with my IRL friends. As it is of now I have to carry them like crazy in order to win!

Please make this happen 343i (and make the ranks visible too ;))

Thanks!

Regards
Limpo

CSR has nothing to do with matching. Matching is based on TrueSkill, which is not dependent on CSR.

So even if there were a social playlist, because your TrueSkill value is higher than your other party members, you will generally get matched with other players more skilled than your friends. Unless you play a custom, there is no way around this.

The reason this was a problem when CSR was implemented was because TrueSkill was reset at the same time. As time goes on, TrueSkill will become more accurate, and lopsided matching less common. But it really doesn’t have anything to do with CSR itself.

There aren’t enough people playing this game for any kind of matching to work properly. What are the odds that MM will be able to match up 8 or so players of the same skill level, in the same playlist, within a good connection of each other?

In Halo 3, it was entirely possible. In H4, there just aren’t enough people.

Actually I think the opposite, what we need is a ranked competitive playlist that heavily matches players based on skill.

Anyother infinity playlist can be social, but social would lightly match players based on skill.

One of the most annoying things rarely touched upon when discussing social playlist is how a complete or mix team of players can go against a team of competitive players and get destroyed. Its never fun getting matched up against a team who’s better than you and it happens all to often in social playlist.

I suggest a lightly skill based matching system for social so that good players get matched up with good players and casual or just gamers who don’t take games that serious or aren’t that competitive get matched up with players who are the same. The matchmaking system wouldn’t be as specific or heavy as Ranked.

I think what we really need is a party filter. Since CSR came out, full parties have been on a constant uprise.

Now, I play by myself (for the most part) so I don’t think it’s right that I get JIP’d against a (winning) full party while I’m stuck with other randoms.

It would be FINE if it where randoms vs randoms, or at the very least 7/8 party + 1 vs 8/8 party (at least that’d be an improvement.)

First of all, OP, it’s all in your head; CSR does nothing to match players up, it’s only there for your e-peen. Any perceived change in matching since CSR was released is not real.

Second, we already have many social playlists. All the main playlists are social: non-competitive settings, no in-game skill rank to match you up, guests are allowed etc…

> There aren’t enough people playing this game for any kind of matching to work properly. What are the odds that MM will be able to match up 8 or so players of the same skill level, in the same playlist, within a good connection of each other?
>
> In Halo 3, it was entirely possible. In H4, there just aren’t enough people.

Maybe, just maybe, it’ll bring people back.

OP, we all need both a Ranked & Social Playlist with a choice of Inf. Settings or Classic Settings. If that appears, i think players would definitely be satisfied.

> I have noticed a problem since the CSR have been implemented. (And I think other have written threads about this aswell) I can’t play with my IRL friends anymore. This is because I have become much better than them (I play more) and have therefore much higher CSR.
>
> The situation is like this. Their CSR is in the 1-10 region and my is in the 30-50 region depending on what playlist. If we go into a match where my CSR is in that region they get totally destroyed. Because of this they don’t want play Halo 4 that often. Almost never. The only playlist we can play atm is Big team since I don’t play that otherwise. And they don’t think that’s the most fun playlist either.
>
> Therefore we need a social slayer, like we had i Halo 3, with Social Slayer, social Skirmish etc.
>
> Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love the CSRs, but I still wanna have a chill time playing Halo with my IRL friends. As it is of now I have to carry them like crazy in order to win!
>
> Please make this happen 343i (and make the ranks visible too ;))
>
> Thanks!
>
> Regards
> Limpo

Infinity Slayer;
BTIS;
SWAT;
Rumble Pit;
Flood etc

are Social Play lists…just ignore the CSR,like i do, and nothing has changed! It is still the same Infinity Slayer and the same BTIS. I’m coming across teh same players I have always come cross and played against and with. Fact is, CSR or not, nothing has changed in these social lists…chill and play as you have always done and forget about a meaningless number such as CSR or KD!

> Infinity Slayer;
> BTIS;
> SWAT;
> Rumble Pit;
> Flood etc
>
> are Social Play lists…just ignore the CSR,like i do, and nothing has changed! It is still the same Infinity Slayer and the same BTIS. I’m coming across teh same players I have always come cross and played against and with. Fact is, CSR or not, nothing has changed in these social lists…chill and play as you have always done and forget about a meaningless number such as CSR or KD!

But still, it is based on True skill (not CSR as I originally thought) and therefore the problem still exits. Like someone else said in this thread that True skill-matching should be lighten up a bit in the SOCIAL PLAYLISTS. Because, as the name suggests, it is a social thing. I should be able to have fun playing with my IRL friends. I can tell you it is not! They get frustrated when playing with me as they often get pooped on. If I take a break from a game or two they do well against people at the same True Skill-level as they are. Some of them even destroys, getting 20+ boombs on people. But later when I am in the game again they go negative because of the skillgap is to huge. It is not fun! Not for me and especially not for them…

I completely agree. I don’t like how every game now has a “ranked” feeling to it. I liked the “just for fun attitude” matchmaking had before the CSR announcement but since then that’s just gone. I never liked the true skill or CSR or whatever you want to call it, they just ruined matchmaking for me. At least with a Social “for fun” playlist I know that the majority of players there are there for that, just for fun, not like now when I can imagine them sitting there saying “Gotta get my 50!”

Matching is not based on CSR, its based on Trueskill which has been there the whole time. Trueskill did not reset when CSR was released.

> Infinity Slayer;
> BTIS;
> SWAT;
> Rumble Pit;
> Flood etc

How exactly is SWAT social? I seem to remember it being in the Ranked Playlists.
If SWAT is social, then every game-mode other than Throwdown/Throwback or whatever it’s called must be social.

Which implies that this game is 95% social. So I guess you must be right then.
No, but seriously Halo 4 SWAT is a Ranked game-type.

> I completely agree. I don’t like how every game now has a “ranked” feeling to it. I liked the “just for fun attitude” matchmaking had before the CSR announcement but since then that’s just gone. I never liked the true skill or CSR or whatever you want to call it, they just ruined matchmaking for me. At least with a Social “for fun” playlist I know that the majority of players there are there for that, just for fun, not like now when I can imagine them sitting there saying “Gotta get my 50!”

How does every game have a “ranked” feel? The game hasn’t changed one bit, the only difference now is that you get a rank depending on how well you perform. It is almost identical to Halo Reach’s Battle Proficiency Rating (BPR). But I bet you wouldn’t have noticed it then.
Trueskill has always been in the game, as for CSR it literally does nothing. How something, that literally does nothing, could ruin your matchmaking is beyond me.
It’s making people try harder? Is that your problem with it? If it is, I’m embarrassed for you if you honestly see that as a problem.

In my experience as someone who has always sucked at Halo but loves it too much to quit playing it, if you aren’t good you’re almost always going to end up playing with people who will eat your lunch.

Even when I asked to be matched by skill in other Halo games the system would give up trying to find people at my skill level after a while and add enough people at random to get a game started, so two or three people almost always ended up dominating the game.

I suspect most people who aren’t very good eventually just stop playing out of frustration, which only makes the problem worse.

> It’s making people try harder? Is that your problem with it? If it is, I’m embarrassed for you if you honestly see that as a problem.

My only issue with it in this regard is that it encourages people to rack up points to beat their own teammates, even if that means dying so much it hurts their team’s chances of winning because deaths aren’t included in the calculation.

> > It’s making people try harder? Is that your problem with it? If it is, I’m embarrassed for you if you honestly see that as a problem.
>
> My only issue with it in this regard is that it encourages people to rack up points to beat their own teammates, even if that means dying so much it hurts their team’s chances of winning because deaths aren’t included in the calculation.

This isn’t an issue. In Slayer based games, the objective is to get more kills than deaths. If you want more points, you have to get more kills. In Objective based games, you get more points for playing with the objective in mind.

It’s a win-win in my eyes. You get team-mates who want to win, and will do everything in their power to do so. Not everyone will be like that, but there should be more people focussed on winning.