a sincere question to 343

why make it so you can pick up grenades off dead teammates? all this really does is make arena an extremely annoying grenade fest that isnt competitive at all. why cant you balance casual and competitive like halo reach did? that had a MLG playlist and it seemed to do just fine. i know there is alot of money to be made off MLG but it seems like you are going about like the wrong way via cheap crap(spartan charge, virtually unlimited grenades, small maps which are ok but seem even smaller because of the new movement abilities). i feel like halo 5 had so much potential but it got ruined granted this is your guys’ halo 2 so still working things out but hopefully things like(unlimited grenades, spartan charge or atleast a nerf to it, better map design which i actually think you guys did a good job with overgrowth but the only thing is that whoever controls the energy sword basically controls the map) and now on to warzone: vehicles are weak, almost as weak as a piece of sheetmetal so why not make the base variants stronger like as strong as they were in halo 4 or reach. end of actual constructive criticism

Grenades in Halo 5 can be avoided by using the map and movement to your advantage. At top level play, grenade kills are not very common since players are capable of predicting what their opponent will do. If anything they should buff the Nades so they are more consistent. In the old days Nade-shotting was a common way to come back in a fight; now it’s like a rarety that you can actually 1-nade +headshot someone to death.

> 2760465307323250;2:
> Grenades in Halo 5 can be avoided by using the map and movement to your advantage. At top level play, grenade kills are not very common since players are capable of predicting what their opponent will do. If anything they should buff the Nades so they are more consistent. In the old days Nade-shotting was a common way to come back in a fight; now it’s like a rarety that you can actually 1-nade +headshot someone to death.

Can confirm. In my entire play time of Halo 5 in multiplayer. I hardly ever have those moments where you have zero shields and someone is chasing you and you can throw a nade and headshot. I’ve done it maybe 6-7 times. I’d say increase blast radius and nerf the damage.

> 2760465307323250;2:
> Grenades in Halo 5 can be avoided by using the map and movement to your advantage. At top level play, grenade kills are not very common since players are capable of predicting what their opponent will do. If anything they should buff the Nades so they are more consistent. In the old days Nade-shotting was a common way to come back in a fight; now it’s like a rarety that you can actually 1-nade +headshot someone to death.

maybe so but the games ive just played with my friend in the gold division, nades are literally thrown all the time so much that you can’t avoid them

Quick, someone call the waaammbulance! Picking up nades has always been a part of Halo, except H4.

> 2533274873580796;5:
> Quick, someone call the waaammbulance! Picking up nades has always been a part of Halo, except H4.

yea but spamming them like crazy hasent(atleast ive never had that problem before)

> 2533274884116647;6:
> > 2533274873580796;5:
> > Quick, someone call the waaammbulance! Picking up nades has always been a part of Halo, except H4.
>
>
> yea but spamming them like crazy hasent(atleast ive never had that problem before)

Nade spam has always been huge in halo. Reach was basically nade slayer and Halo 2 started you off with 4 nades, not really something that’s new to the franchise

It looks like someone forgot that the golden three mechanics of Halo is guns grenades and melee. Even Bungie acknowledged this and held that in mind when it came to balancing.

It’s better than it being a stupid perk like it was in Halo 4.

I don’t mind the grenades, I have seen the pro’s spam grenades, and I believe, spartans are emulating the pro’s. My grenade kills are 4% of total kills.

Grenades go boom!

If you don’t want them to boom you, move out of the way

> 2533274800875133;10:
> Grenades go boom!
>
> If you don’t want them to boom you, move out of the way

again. ITS HARD TO MOVE OUT OF THE WAY WHEN THE ENEMY TROWS THEM ALL THE TIME AND YOUR TEAMMATES WONT GET OUT OF YOUR WAY WHEN YOUR TRYING TO ESCAPE OR TRYING TO KILL THEM

> 2533274873580796;5:
> Quick, someone call the waaammbulance! Picking up nades has always been a part of Halo, except H4.

calling right now.
^JK

> 2533274884116647;11:
> > 2533274800875133;10:
> > Grenades go boom!
> >
> > If you don’t want them to boom you, move out of the way
>
>
> again. ITS HARD TO MOVE OUT OF THE WAY WHEN THE ENEMY TROWS THEM ALL THE TIME AND YOUR TEAMMATES WONT GET OUT OF YOUR WAY WHEN YOUR TRYING TO ESCAPE OR TRYING TO KILL THEM

all caps. now it’s serious

> 2533274813317074;7:
> > 2533274884116647;6:
> > > 2533274873580796;5:
> > > Quick, someone call the waaammbulance! Picking up nades has always been a part of Halo, except H4.
> >
> >
> > yea but spamming them like crazy hasent(atleast ive never had that problem before)
>
>
> Nade spam has always been huge in halo. Reach was basically nade slayer and Halo 2 started you off with 4 nades, not really something that’s new to the franchise

Pretty much this. The popular sentiment was to call nades “mini nukes” in Reach. H5 is no different. Heck, even H3 could be a nade fest.

> 2533274807773315;14:
> > 2533274813317074;7:
> > > 2533274884116647;6:
> > > > 2533274873580796;5:
> > > > Quick, someone call the waaammbulance! Picking up nades has always been a part of Halo, except H4.
> > >
> > >
> > > yea but spamming them like crazy hasent(atleast ive never had that problem before)
> >
> >
> > Nade spam has always been huge in halo. Reach was basically nade slayer and Halo 2 started you off with 4 nades, not really something that’s new to the franchise
>
>
> Pretty much this. The popular sentiment was to call nades “mini nukes” in Reach. H5 is no different. Heck, even H3 could be a nade fest.

ive never really played halo 3s multiplayer. i did on MCC and it seems like everyone uses the BR all the time, maybe its the fact that you can get around faster in halo 5 making it bad because in reach and 3 its never been a big problem.i had this one gu in an arena match yesterday throwing what seemed like infinite grenades and he was just standing there so he wasent running around collecting them. he threw like 10 frags like that

> 2533274813317074;7:
> > 2533274884116647;6:
> > > 2533274873580796;5:
> > > Quick, someone call the waaammbulance! Picking up nades has always been a part of Halo, except H4.
> >
> >
> > yea but spamming them like crazy hasent(atleast ive never had that problem before)
>
>
> Nade spam has always been huge in halo. Reach was basically nade slayer and Halo 2 started you off with 4 nades, not really something that’s new to the franchise

Not just that. You can carry up to 8 at a time and pick up grenades from dead players as you use the ones you have. You pretty much can have grenades on you all the time for some maps and gametypes. OP needs to go play H2A.

> 2533274825101441;16:
> > 2533274813317074;7:
> > > 2533274884116647;6:
> > > > 2533274873580796;5:
> > > > Quick, someone call the waaammbulance! Picking up nades has always been a part of Halo, except H4.
> > >
> > >
> > > yea but spamming them like crazy hasent(atleast ive never had that problem before)
> >
> >
> > Nade spam has always been huge in halo. Reach was basically nade slayer and Halo 2 started you off with 4 nades, not really something that’s new to the franchise
>
>
> Not just that. You can carry up to 8 at a time and pick up grenades from dead players as you use the ones you have. You pretty much can have grenades on you all the time for some maps and gametypes. OP needs to go play H2A.

i have played that and it was bad but because of the big open maps it didnt seem all that bad

If that player was on the passenger seat of a Gungoose, that could explain apparent infinite nades. Gungoose passengers have infinite nades available, though it’s very easy to counter. Longshot BR and pop them off

Another option would be to adapt your playstyle a bit. If you’re bumping into your teammates you are playing too close to them. Think about it, if you saw two opponents bunched up, would you take turns shooting at both of them, or throw a grenade and damage both at once?

Be more defensive driver than NASCAR driver. Give assured clear distance to your teammates rather than trying to draft them.

Teach yourself to be more aware of those small kill boxes where grenades can be tossed in and you cannot boost out the way, and stay out of them.

As to the vehicles, the “flimsy” ones usually have pretty low req levels, pull them out sooner rather than later when people start pulling out power weapons.

I usually wait too long because I prefer the gunplay to the vehicles.