A simple proposal to make Halo better...

Go back to the roots of what made Halo, well Halo…

I’m talking battles that were gun to gun and wits to wits. The better player won the worse player lost… Why? Well because that’s the way games work there’s winners and losers.

Developers trying to make a game more “fair” for lesser skilled players should not penalize better players with cheap gameplay mechanics and gimmicks.

That’s what basic training is for.

So…what you’re saying is… -Yoink- the game up?

Almost nothing you proposed sounds balanced.

> So…what you’re saying is… -Yoink!- the game up?

This

Is this a troll thread? If not then I completely disagree and I don’t think you’ve done enough research because if you had you would have seen all the inovation made to the gameplay. (just because weapons don’t change much doesn’t mean the game doesn’t lol)

also spartans don’t need ads because they have reticules built into their heads up displays.

> So…what you’re saying is… -Yoink!- the game up?

No it will make the game better learn to adapt

I see what you did there

> > So…what you’re saying is… -Yoink!- the game up?
>
> No it will make the game better learn to adapt

you sound like my sister:

“hey guys look at this great new idea”

“sis it isn’t that good really…”

“YES IT IS YOUR JUST ALL STUPID AND NARROW MINDED BLAH BLAH BLAH”

: /

> Halo 4 is the exact same as Halo 3 and needs some new gameplay mechanics.
>
>
> A simple test community

Halo 3 doesn’t have AAs
Halo 3 doesn’t have Specializations
Halo 3 doesn’t have Sprint
Halo 3 doesn’t have custom loadouts
Halo 3 doesn’t have a progression system like Halo 4

They are two completely different games.

> I see what you did there

Oh do you? (;

> > Halo 4 is the exact same as Halo 3 and needs some new gameplay mechanics.
> >
> >
> > A simple test community
>
> Halo 3 doesn’t have AAs
> Halo 3 doesn’t have Specializations
> Halo 3 doesn’t have Sprint
> Halo 3 doesn’t have custom loadouts
> Halo 3 doesn’t have a progression system like Halo 4
>
> They are two completely different games.

So my question to you… Is…

Are all of these things better or worse for the franchise? And are they balanced at all?

More changes have been made to the Halo formula in Halo 4 than have ever been made between installments in the franchise. The game is radically different, perhaps dangerously so, but only time will tell.

Also, I’m pretty sure the OP is troll, so frankly I’m not even sure why I posted this but…oh well.

> > > Halo 4 is the exact same as Halo 3 and needs some new gameplay mechanics.
> > >
> > >
> > > A simple test community
> >
> > Halo 3 doesn’t have AAs
> > Halo 3 doesn’t have Specializations
> > Halo 3 doesn’t have Sprint
> > Halo 3 doesn’t have custom loadouts
> > Halo 3 doesn’t have a progression system like Halo 4
> >
> > They are two completely different games.
>
> So my question to you… Is…
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Are all of these things better or worse for the franchise? And are they balanced at all?

Not a single person here can answer that question with facts to back it up, we have yet to see all the features of Halo 4 being used, even those who played at E3 can’t comment, the game is still being tweaked in terms of balance.

Personally I do see it as a good change of pace and it could be very competitive, but once again, I can’t comment.

Just trying to make people think

> So I’ve been researching Halo 4 a lot and I couldn’t help but notice guys this is the EXACT SAME Halo game as every other one. Microsoft has been making the same thing over and over like Activision seems to do with the CoD franchise! Therefore it is in my opinion that Halo must innovate.
>
> Like for instance the Rocket Launcher changed for the millionth time in looks but its still the same thing. How about we make it to where the rockets can hold four instead of two in the clip at a time. I mean seriously and how come I can kill myself with them? They should bounce if I fire them to close to me like the Grenade Launcher in Reach.
>
> And cmon why hasn’t the UNSC gotten sticky grenades yet? They’ve been fighting the covenant forever and still don’t have sticky capability? Semtex is already in CoD why can’t it be in this game? In fact we should also increase the amount of grenades held to at least 5 so I can have better Dodge-Ball game-types and Action Sack would be so much better!
>
> Lastly I don’t understand why the Sniper Rifle scope doesn’t have Promethean Vision built inside of it. If Spartans can use it in their HUD how come we can’t have it in our weapon scopes? Also why hasn’t Halo added ADS yet like every other good modern shooter… This is seriously holding Halo back I should be able to zoom with LT and fire down my Assault Rifles sights. This my friends is what Halo really needs!
>
>
> TLDR: Halo 4 is the exact same as Halo 3 and needs some new gameplay mechanics.

These just sound -Yoink- to me seriously some people just don’t get it.
Firstly there is a Rocket launcher that has a larger clip capacity and bounces if you shoot it to close, its called the fuel rod gun.

Next if you increased the grenade capacity to 5 everyone would be grenade spamming and there would be no need for a gun.

Now if the UNSC were to miraculously came up with the idea to make a sticky grenade it would make sense for the UNSC to make plasma rifles, plasma repeaters, beam rifles, ghosts, wraiths, banshees and even the energy sword. Sure just colour them black/grey/olive and stick the UNSC logo on them cause that would make a lot of sense just like UNSC sticky grenades.

Every where I go people are screaming PV IS OP, and here is someone who wants to be able to use promethean vision on their scope as well as as using it unscopped. That of course would not encourage camping with the sniper and would not allow campers to easily line up their shots before an enemy even rounds the corner.

ADS in halo? you kidding me? And your saying halo needs this? are you alright cause i think you need to see a docter

Lastly your not my friend and probably never will be,

P.S halo 3 looks completely different to halo 4 and really I think your post is a troll, no-one is this…what’s the word? I won’t type it down for fear of being banned.

> > So I’ve been researching Halo 4 a lot and I couldn’t help but notice guys this is the EXACT SAME Halo game as every other one. Microsoft has been making the same thing over and over like Activision seems to do with the CoD franchise! Therefore it is in my opinion that Halo must innovate.
> >
> > Like for instance the Rocket Launcher changed for the millionth time in looks but its still the same thing. How about we make it to where the rockets can hold four instead of two in the clip at a time. I mean seriously and how come I can kill myself with them? They should bounce if I fire them to close to me like the Grenade Launcher in Reach.
> >
> > And cmon why hasn’t the UNSC gotten sticky grenades yet? They’ve been fighting the covenant forever and still don’t have sticky capability? Semtex is already in CoD why can’t it be in this game? In fact we should also increase the amount of grenades held to at least 5 so I can have better Dodge-Ball game-types and Action Sack would be so much better!
> >
> > Lastly I don’t understand why the Sniper Rifle scope doesn’t have Promethean Vision built inside of it. If Spartans can use it in their HUD how come we can’t have it in our weapon scopes? Also why hasn’t Halo added ADS yet like every other good modern shooter… This is seriously holding Halo back I should be able to zoom with LT and fire down my Assault Rifles sights. This my friends is what Halo really needs!
> >
> >
> > TLDR: Halo 4 is the exact same as Halo 3 and needs some new gameplay mechanics.
>
> These just sound -Yoink- to me seriously some people just don’t get it.
> Firstly there is a Rocket launcher that has a larger clip capacity and bounces if you shoot it to close, its called the fuel rod gun.
>
> Next if you increased the grenade capacity to 5 everyone would be grenade spamming and there would be no need for a gun.
>
> Now if the UNSC were to miraculously came up with the idea to make a sticky grenade it would make sense for the UNSC to make plasma rifles, plasma repeaters, beam rifles, ghosts, wraiths, banshees and even the energy sword. Sure just colour them black/grey/olive and stick the UNSC logo on them cause that would make a lot of sense just like UNSC sticky grenades.
>
> Every where I go people are screaming PV IS OP, and here is someone who wants to be able to use promethean vision on their scope as well as as using it unscopped. That of course would not encourage camping with the sniper and would not allow campers to easily line up their shots before an enemy even rounds the corner.
>
> ADS in halo? you kidding me? And your saying halo needs this? are you alright cause i think you need to see a docter
>
> Lastly your not my friend and probably never will be,
>
> P.S halo 3 looks completely different to halo 4 and really I think your post is a troll, no-one is this…what’s the word? I won’t type it down for fear of being banned.

Oh I see, not a troll a test. In that case I take my rude comments back. Can’t believe I didn’t see the small white writing at the end of your post. Got to pay more attention next time.

:frowning: Shouldn’t of blown my cover… ah well guess you win but I don’t think you got my point

Plain and simple… NO

Well, let’s see…the things that make Halo well…Halo is weapons, grenades, and melee.

Looks at Halo 4

Seems Halo to me. Anyways, if you want the watered down version of Halo in Halo 4, then either play the classic playlist, custom games, or Halo CE-3. Halo is going to keep evolving/innovating without you. Whether you choose to except that or not will not change its course.

> Well, let’s see…the things that make Halo well…Halo is weapons, grenades, and melee.
>
> Looks at Halo 4
>
> Seems Halo to me. Anyways, if you want the watered down version of Halo in Halo 4, then either play the classic playlist, custom games, or Halo CE-3. Halo is going to keep evolving/innovating without you. Whether you choose to except that or not will not change its course.

You didnt read before I edited the post buddy. Have fun with your evolving and innovation… its what made the population of Reach so high right? It’s why Halo is no longer the most popular console shooter right? It’s why MLG dropped Halo from the pro circuit right?

Some people are so uneducated… -Yoink-