A serious problem

Okay so I get why inactivity booting was added to MM and WZ, I do, but can someone explain to me who in their right mind thought that it was an ok thing to add to CUSTOM GAMES?!?!?! I demand an answer for this as this is borderline heresy to the custom community! If we need to go afk in a custom match, then that shouldn’t be a freakin’ problem as they don’t do jack ****! And for those of you wondering, the afk timer for customs is approximately 40 minutes, which while generous, the timer, is:

A) Entirely unneccessary

B) Total BS

C) Proof that 343i is trying to kill the custom community despite their claims otherwise.

If anyone has a legitimate level headed explaination for this, I’d LOVE to hear it.

You can get inactivity booted in custom games? That doesn’t contribute to getting quit-banned, does it? Hey, you know what would be cool? If you could adjust the amount of time to get inactivity booted in custom games. I mean, they are custom games.

> 2535434457651384;1:
> Okay so I get why inactivity booting was added to MM and WZ, I do, but can someone explain to me who in their right mind thought that it was an ok thing to add to CUSTOM GAMES?!?!?! I demand an answer for this as this is borderline heresy to the custom community! If we need to go afk in a custom match, then that shouldn’t be a freakin’ problem as they don’t do jack ****! And for those of you wondering, the afk timer for customs is approximately 40 minutes, which while generous, the timer, is:
>
> A) Entirely unneccessary
>
> B) Total BS
>
> C) Proof that 343i is trying to kill the custom community despite their claims otherwise.
>
> If anyone has a legitimate level headed explaination for this, I’d LOVE to hear it.

That seems to be a very nitpicky reason to say why 343i is “killing” Halo there are way bigger issues than that.

I felt the same way when Spartan abilities where gone and was left with just a thruster my least favorate ability.

> 2533275008181400;3:
> > 2535434457651384;1:
> > Okay so I get why inactivity booting was added to MM and WZ, I do, but can someone explain to me who in their right mind thought that it was an ok thing to add to CUSTOM GAMES?!?!?! I demand an answer for this as this is borderline heresy to the custom community! If we need to go afk in a custom match, then that shouldn’t be a freakin’ problem as they don’t do jack ****! And for those of you wondering, the afk timer for customs is approximately 40 minutes, which while generous, the timer, is:
> >
> > A) Entirely unneccessary
> >
> > B) Total BS
> >
> > C) Proof that 343i is trying to kill the custom community despite their claims otherwise.
> >
> > If anyone has a legitimate level headed explaination for this, I’d LOVE to hear it.
>
>
> That seems to be a very nitpicky reason to say why 343i is “killing” Halo there are way bigger issues than that.

No split screen, no LAN, always online. I think automatic booting in customs (when host should be the one who can deal with none movers anyway) is just another nail in the coffin.

To OP. The reason is simple, though stupid. Because all Halo 5 games are played on the servers, even custom games, every player that is on them adds to the strain. 343i clearly don’t want hundreds of custom games going on and players sitting on their servers not playing, clogging the whole thing up. This is the price of “always online” and ‘dedicated servers’.

Custom games need the option of P2P, LAN, Split Screen and offline play. It would also be nice to have a Server browser, but hey, who am I to judge the wisdom of our 343i overlords.

> 2533274904158628;2:
> You can get inactivity booted in custom games? That doesn’t contribute to getting quit-banned, does it? Hey, you know what would be cool? If you could adjust the amount of time to get inactivity booted in custom games. I mean, they are custom games.

No, customs do not count towards the ban system.

> 2535434457651384;1:
> Okay so I get why inactivity booting was added to MM and WZ, I do, but can someone explain to me who in their right mind thought that it was an ok thing to add to CUSTOM GAMES?!?!?! I demand an answer for this as this is borderline heresy to the custom community! If we need to go afk in a custom match, then that shouldn’t be a freakin’ problem as they don’t do jack ****! And for those of you wondering, the afk timer for customs is approximately 40 minutes, which while generous, the timer, is:
>
> A) Entirely unneccessary
>
> B) Total BS
>
> C) Proof that 343i is trying to kill the custom community despite their claims otherwise.
>
> If anyone has a legitimate level headed explaination for this, I’d LOVE to hear it.

I’ll agree with you on “A.” “B” is the same as “A” except more emotional and thus pointless. “C” on the other hand is simply ludicrous and reeks of bias. I also take issue with your title. I don’t think being kicked from a custom game after forty minutes with no controller input is ‘a serious problem.’ It seems more like a minor inconvenience that you may be the only one who actually faces unintentionally.

Well is you have to be away for 40 plus mins. Enough times where this can be a problem with you… how is that 343 killing the game since you done seem to have the time to play?
I’d am I just missing something completely?

since when can you get booted for idling in CC? I have sat in CC for an hour and never got kicked.

I don’t man if the timer is 40 mins that should be fine imo… if you are going to be gone that long why are you in a game wwith other players? leave and rejoin when you get back.

But I agree with what was said that it should be customizable seeing how it is custom games.

> 2533275008181400;3:
> > 2535434457651384;1:
> > Okay so I get why inactivity booting was added to MM and WZ, I do, but can someone explain to me who in their right mind thought that it was an ok thing to add to CUSTOM GAMES?!?!?! I demand an answer for this as this is borderline heresy to the custom community! If we need to go afk in a custom match, then that shouldn’t be a freakin’ problem as they don’t do jack ****! And for those of you wondering, the afk timer for customs is approximately 40 minutes, which while generous, the timer, is:
> >
> >
> > B) Total BS
> >
> > C) Proof that 343i is trying to kill the custom community despite their claims otherwise.
> >
> > If anyone has a legitimate level headed explaination for this, I’d LOVE to hear it.
>
>
> That seems to be a very nitpicky reason to say why 343i is “killing” Halo there are way bigger issues than that.

I didn’t say “kill Halo” I said “Kill the Customs Community”.

> 2533274880633045;6:
> > 2533274904158628;2:
> > You can get inactivity booted in custom games? That doesn’t contribute to getting quit-banned, does it? Hey, you know what would be cool? If you could adjust the amount of time to get inactivity booted in custom games. I mean, they are custom games.
>
>
> No, customs do not count towards the ban system.
>
>
> > 2535434457651384;1:
> >
> >
> > B) Total BS
> >
> >
>
>
> I’ll agree with you on “A.” “B” is the same as “A” except more emotional and thus pointless. “C” on the other hand is simply ludicrous and reeks of bias. I also take issue with your title. I don’t think being kicked from a custom game after forty minutes with no controller input is ‘a serious problem.’ It seems more like a minor inconvenience that you may be the only one who actually faces unintentionally.

As someone who plays customs on every Halo, I find this to be a serious problem as if I have to go afk for an hour or so to do something like help my parents around the house, then I’ll just sit in a corner and resume the game, and I’m sure there are plenty of people in the community who are as outraged by this as I am.

> 2547348539238747;5:
> > 2533275008181400;3:
> > > 2535434457651384;1:
> > > Okay so I get why inactivity booting was added to MM and WZ, I do, but can someone explain to me who in their right mind thought that it was an ok thing to add to CUSTOM GAMES?!?!?! I demand an answer for this as this is borderline heresy to the custom community! If we need to go afk in a custom match, then that shouldn’t be a freakin’ problem as they don’t do jack ****! And for those of you wondering, the afk timer for customs is approximately 40 minutes, which while generous, the timer, is:
> > >
> > > A) Entirely unneccessary
> > >
> > > B) Total BS
> > >
> > > C) Proof that 343i is trying to kill the custom community despite their claims otherwise.
> > >
> > > If anyone has a legitimate level headed explaination for this, I’d LOVE to hear it.
> >
> >
> > That seems to be a very nitpicky reason to say why 343i is “killing” Halo there are way bigger issues than that.
>
>
> No split screen, no LAN, always online. I think automatic booting in customs (when host should be the one who can deal with none movers anyway) is just another nail in the coffin.
>
> To OP. The reason is simple, though stupid. Because all Halo 5 games are played on the servers, even custom games, every player that is on them adds to the strain. 343i clearly don’t want hundreds of custom games going on and players sitting on their servers not playing, clogging the whole thing up. This is the price of “always online” and ‘dedicated servers’.
>
> Custom games need the option of P2P, LAN, Split Screen and offline play. It would also be nice to have a Server browser, but hey, who am I to judge the wisdom of our 343i overlords.

Then 343i needs to get that BS out of Halo, it contributes nothing as we all know Halo 5’s “dedicated” servers aren’t so dedicated after all.

> 2535434457651384;10:
> > 2533275008181400;3:
> > > Okay so I get why inactivity booting was added to MM and WZ, I do, but can someone explain to me who in their right mind thought that it was an ok thing to add to CUSTOM GAMES?!?!?! I demand an answer for this as this is borderline heresy to the custom community! If we need to go afk in a custom match, then that shouldn’t be a freakin’ problem as they don’t do jack ****! And for those of you wondering, the afk timer for customs is approximately 40 minutes, which while generous, the timer, is:
> > >
> > >
> > > B) Total BS
> > >
> > > C) Proof that 343i is trying to kill the custom community despite their claims otherwise.
> > >
> > > If anyone has a legitimate level headed explaination for this, I’d LOVE to hear it.
> >
> >
> > That seems to be a very nitpicky reason to say why 343i is “killing” Halo there are way bigger issues than that.
>
>
> I didn’t say “kill Halo” I said “Kill the Customs Community”.

I see what you’re saying I agree with A & B but I’m just saying C just a nitpicky reason to say 343 is killing a piece of the community IMO but hey feel free to disagree.

I didn’t even know you could get booted in custom games but if you can that seems kind of annoying.

> 2533274904158628;2:
> You can get inactivity booted in custom games? That doesn’t contribute to getting quit-banned, does it? Hey, you know what would be cool? If you could adjust the amount of time to get inactivity booted in custom games. I mean, they are custom games.

I could be wrong, but Custom games are still running the servers. Too bad you can’t have a 24 hour custom party where the leader can host it but not get kicked out

Its
probably so that you aren’t using there servers for no reason they dont have infinite remember.

> 2535415305234137;16:
> Its
> probably so that you aren’t using there servers for no reason they dont have infinite remember.

This is why “Always Online” needs to go.

> 2547348539238747;5:
> > 2533275008181400;3:
> > >
> > >
> > > B) Total BS
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
> No split screen, no LAN, always online. I think automatic booting in customs (when host should be the one who can deal with none movers anyway) is just another nail in the coffin.
>
> To OP. The reason is simple, though stupid. Because all Halo 5 games are played on the servers, even custom games, every player that is on them adds to the strain. 343i clearly don’t want hundreds of custom games going on and players sitting on their servers not playing, clogging the whole thing up. This is the price of “always online” and ‘dedicated servers’.
>
> Custom games need the option of P2P, LAN, Split Screen and offline play. It would also be nice to have a Server browser, but hey, who am I to judge the wisdom of our 343i overlords.

Then they should not have made this game an always online title there is no reason for that. The only time dedicated servers should used is for online campaing and MM.

Completely unnecessary and total BS are pretty much the same point, and proof that 343 is trying to kill the community? Really?

My guess is that it is a server reason or something. Nearly everything, including Custom Games and Forge, still relies on their servers, doesn’t it? The only thing you can do offline is play solo campaign.