A Serious Problem

Can we address how there’s a medal for getting a kill with any bullsh*t power weapon? When did this become a thing? For sure Bungie never did that. There’s no reason to reward someone for getting a single kill out of context, and it makes getting medals just feel less significant. Sprees deserve medals, but not kills. Someone wanna second that?

I got to agree. To many can be a bad thing.

Eh, doesn’t really bug me all that much.

from the beta blog post:

• Medals: decrease frequency and number of medals displayed in the medal feed

Maybe there is hope

> 2533274820441404;4:
> from the beta blog post:
> - Medals: decrease frequency and number of medals displayed in the medal feed

This.

Also, what medal are we discussing specifically? Because there was Sniper Kill in H2 and also I believe h3?

Not only sniper kill. Hydra kill, rocket kill, sword kill, grenade kill especially. Halo 4 had a lot of them too and it was bullsh*t

If I remember right in Halo 4 they went towards your SR rank regarding points gained, anyway your focusing on the wrong thing can we have the big 3 weapon sprees back?

> 2533274820441404;4:
> from the beta blog post:
> - Medals: decrease frequency and number of medals displayed in the medal feed

But they are still there, just not displayed in game. The excessive medals only create “medal inflation”, where the increase in medals = a decrease in the value of the medals. I think Reach had it right with the amount of medals/announcer’s voice. There was enough for the sprees, certain power weapons that took skill, and the random other things that don’t happen too often.

> 2533274872721237;9:
> > 2533274820441404;4:
> > from the beta blog post:
> > - Medals: decrease frequency and number of medals displayed in the medal feed
>
>
>
>
> But they are still there, just not displayed in game. The excessive medals only create “medal inflation”, where the increase in medals = a decrease in the value of the medals. I think Reach had it right with the amount of medals/announcer’s voice. There was enough for the sprees, certain power weapons that took skill, and the random other things that don’t happen too often.

Perhaps… u know when all these unnecessary medals don’t show up in-game, the others feel more valuable automatically. I also can’t imagine someone looking up his post game report just for a kill medal, they’ll end up pretty redundant

> 2533274803493024;6:
> > 2533274820441404;4:
> > from the beta blog post:
> > - Medals: decrease frequency and number of medals displayed in the medal feed
>
>
> This.
>
> Also, what medal are we discussing specifically? Because there was Sniper Kill in H2 and also I believe h3?

A medal was given for a sniper headshot. That’s it.

Halo 5 gives you a medal for a grenade kill, rocket kill, any sniper kill, sword kill, and hydra kill as if any of these are hard to attain. They’re called “power weapons” for a reason.

Yeah, way too many medals. They don’t feel like an accomplishment as much as they used to.