A sad day for Grifball

Well from all the signs we’ve been seeing it appears that Grifball will have to exist without the Hammer, if it will exist at all.

From day 1 when asked if Grifball will be playable Frankie’s response was “more or less”. This combined with the fact we’ve seen nothing of Brute technology indicates no Hammer.

We can fool ourselves by saying “well we haven’t seen everything” but lets face it, unless they come out and just declare “the hammer is in Halo 4” we might as well assume other-wise

Personally I love Grifball but it just wouldn’t feel the same without the hammer. That’s pretty much the only time I use it.

Its a sad day indeed.

Maybe we still have those Golfclubs…

> Maybe we still have those Golfclubs…

Its not the same. :{

Theoretically, Brute tech doesn’t exactly need to be present for hammers. War Games is a simulation, right? All ONI needs is the data, and they could give Spartans virtual hammers. Atleast, that would be a reasonable canon reason why they would exist.

I’m sure that the hammer will be a forgeable item within the forge world sand box. Just because it isn’t in campaign doesn’t mean that it shouldn’t be in multiplayer.

Space Mops!!

> Space Mops!!

DUDE!!! You know we don’t talk about the space mops!

:slight_smile:

> > Space Mops!!
>
> DUDE!!! You know we don’t talk about the space mops!
>
> :slight_smile:

The universe doesn’t clean itself. lol

> > > Space Mops!!
> >
> > DUDE!!! You know we don’t talk about the space mops!
> >
> > :slight_smile:
>
> The universe doesn’t clean itself. lol

:open_mouth: I’m calling it now… the Ancient Evil is space mops! It all makes sense now!!

cough Sorry, back on topic.

> > Space Mops!!
>
> DUDE!!! You know we don’t talk about the space mops!
>
> :slight_smile:

Who’s talking? I’m not talking, I’m just saying… Sp sp sp sp spAAAAAACE MOOOOOOOOOOOPS!!!

space mopsOh yes, not having Hammers does not break any of the rules of Grifball.

> Oh yes, not having Hammers does not break any of the rules of Grifball.

Well it really wouldn’t be the same. Hammer was best for infantry while sword was reserved to kill Grif. Without it all we have is swords which makes the runner -Yoink- himself but other than that kinda ruins the fun of using the hammer to kill 3 guys at once

> > Oh yes, not having Hammers does not break any of the rules of Grifball.
>
> Well it really wouldn’t be the same. Hammer was best for infantry while sword was reserved to kill Grif. Without it all we have is swords which makes the runner Yoink! himself but other than that kinda ruins the fun of using the hammer to kill 3 guys at once

And the Gold Club doesn’t allow this how?

> > Maybe we still have those Golfclubs…
>
> Its not the same. :{

Yes, it really is. The only difference is the weapon skin.

Meh… Grifball.

> > > Maybe we still have those Golfclubs…
> >
> > Its not the same. :{
>
> Yes, it really is. The only difference is the weapon skin.

sure but it’d be kinda like if they replaced the sword with a giant foam finger. Technically its the same but it just feels weird

> > > > Maybe we still have those Golfclubs…
> > >
> > > Its not the same. :{
> >
> > Yes, it really is. The only difference is the weapon skin.
>
> sure but it’d be kinda like if they replaced the sword with a giant foam finger. Technically its the same but it just feels weird

Where can I acquire this giant foam finger that slices through any current human armour like a hot knife through butter?
I want one!!!

> <mark>Meh… Grifball.</mark>

> Theoretically, Brute tech doesn’t exactly need to be present for hammers. War Games is a simulation, right? All ONI needs is the data, and they could give Spartans virtual hammers. Atleast, that would be a reasonable canon reason why they would exist.

I’ve had it with that canon crap.

Just because it has to stay ‘canon’ doesn’t mean we can just have the weapons and other stuff in forge, custom games and matchmaking.

Canon is about the CAMPAIGN! Not everything else.

> > > > > Maybe we still have those Golfclubs…
> > > >
> > > > Its not the same. :{
> > >
> > > Yes, it really is. The only difference is the weapon skin.
> >
> > sure but it’d be kinda like if they replaced the sword with a giant foam finger. Technically its the same but it just feels weird
>
> Where can I acquire this giant foam finger that slices through any current human armour like a hot knife through butter?
> I want one!!!

Dead Space 2!

Back on topic though, I wouldn’t think 343 would abandon Grifball. Personally I’m not a huge fan, but we have a new feature now (at least looks like it) where we can actually pass the bomb now. Would think that would be a HUGE deal in Grifball.

Instead of the Brute Gravity Hammer, we’l likely get some Forerunner version of that tech.

Not space mops, LOL. But that would be funny as hell in a custom.