A return to the old days

Seeing that the age of “enhanced mobility” is coming to an end and games like that generally do not do well has me worried for halos future. I and many other feel halo needs to return to its roots in terms of gameplay, artstyle, and sounds. This is not a post saying how horrible the new mobility is, I for one like it but i don’t see a future in it and I much prefer the classic gameplay. Now if they were to do this they could go down many paths, 1 way they could go that would make the most sense is that they should make a spin off halo game with the classic gameplay while the main games keep the current gameplay we have now so it would keep fans of the old and new happy. In terms of gameplay it should play almost identical to halos 2 and 3 with all of both games weapons and vehicles while adding some stuff from the new games such as weapons, ( dmr, but if it would be added it should play like the one in spv3 where its supposed to be used as long range weapon with a slower fire rate but good accuracy and not so great up close so its not exactly like the br, grenade launcher, plasma caster, rail gun, hunter cannon etc,) vehicles (rocket hog, revenant, and maybe even the mantis) armors, and weapon skins. With the story, it could make sense cannon wise by setting it in the early days of the human-covenant war with you playing as chief or other spartan IIs (it would be cool to play as Jerome and red team to see more of them because they’re awesome). I feel like a spin off classic halo game would good because a lot of people are sick of remakes and want to see halo return to its classic gameplay in a new experience.

> 2533274932512744;1:
> Seeing that the age of “enhanced mobility” is coming to an end and games like that generally do not do well has me worried for halos future. I and many other feel halo needs to return to its roots in terms of gameplay, artstyle, and sounds. This is not a post saying how horrible the new mobility is, I for one like it but i don’t see a future in it and I much prefer the classic gameplay. Now if they were to do this they could go down many paths, 1 way they could go that would make the most sense is that they should make a spin off halo game with the classic gameplay while the main games keep the current gameplay we have now so it would keep fans of the old and new happy. In terms of gameplay it should play almost identical to halos 2 and 3 with all of both games weapons and vehicles while adding some stuff from the new games such as weapons, ( dmr, but if it would be added it should play like the one in spv3 where its supposed to be used as long range weapon with a slower fire rate but good accuracy and not so great up close so its not exactly like the br, grenade launcher, plasma caster, rail gun, hunter cannon etc,) vehicles (rocket hog, revenant, and maybe even the mantis) armors, and weapon skins. With the story, it could make sense cannon wise by setting it in the early days of the human-covenant war with you playing as chief or other spartan IIs (it would be cool to play as Jerome and red team to see more of them because they’re awesome). I feel like a spin off classic halo game would good because a lot of people are sick of remakes and want to see halo return to its classic gameplay in a new experience.

Sure wish they would return to the roots. I’ve seen what fans can do with Halo games so makes me wish 343i would do the same. Even dev’s like Battlefield, CoD are going back to their roots so hopefully 343i do the same with Halo 6. To get Halo back to being popular again then the main series needs to go back to the roots. When I see mods like this, this…it gives me hope since it means games can be modern, fun without sacrificing what made Halo series originally fun. If Halo 5 or Halo 6 had looked like Halo Project Contingency then it would be great since depressing the way H4,H5 turned out.

> 2533274829873463;2:
> > 2533274932512744;1:
> > Seeing that the age of “enhanced mobility” is coming to an end and games like that generally do not do well has me worried for halos future. I and many other feel halo needs to return to its roots in terms of gameplay, artstyle, and sounds. This is not a post saying how horrible the new mobility is, I for one like it but i don’t see a future in it and I much prefer the classic gameplay. Now if they were to do this they could go down many paths, 1 way they could go that would make the most sense is that they should make a spin off halo game with the classic gameplay while the main games keep the current gameplay we have now so it would keep fans of the old and new happy. In terms of gameplay it should play almost identical to halos 2 and 3 with all of both games weapons and vehicles while adding some stuff from the new games such as weapons, ( dmr, but if it would be added it should play like the one in spv3 where its supposed to be used as long range weapon with a slower fire rate but good accuracy and not so great up close so its not exactly like the br, grenade launcher, plasma caster, rail gun, hunter cannon etc,) vehicles (rocket hog, revenant, and maybe even the mantis) armors, and weapon skins. With the story, it could make sense cannon wise by setting it in the early days of the human-covenant war with you playing as chief or other spartan IIs (it would be cool to play as Jerome and red team to see more of them because they’re awesome). I feel like a spin off classic halo game would good because a lot of people are sick of remakes and want to see halo return to its classic gameplay in a new experience.
>
> Sure wish they would return to the roots. I’ve seen what fans can do with Halo games so makes me wish 343i would do the same. Even dev’s like Battlefield, CoD are going back to their roots so hopefully 343i do the same with Halo 6. To get Halo back to being popular again then the main series needs to go back to the roots. When I see mods like this, this…it gives me hope since it means games can be modern, fun without sacrificing what made Halo series originally fun. If Halo 5 or Halo 6 had looked like Halo Project Contingency then it would be great since depressing the way H4,H5 turned out.

Exactly most games nowadays are returns to their roots and they all have great results in the end, it would be no different for halo

Halo has been following trends for a while now. But now the new trend is to be different. Classic Halo offers a type of gameplay that no other series has. Hopefully Halo starts setting trends again rather than following them.

I don’t mind things like enhanced mobility or loadouts but it’s not why I play Halo. If I want enhanced Mobility I’ll play Titanfall. If I want loadouts I’ll play… well pretty much anything else.

Halo 4 followed the loadout trend and Halo 5 followed the enhanced mobility trend. I mean what could they copy with Halo 6? Make it an Overwatch clone? Let Halo be Halo.

> 2533274932512744;1:
> Seeing that the age of “enhanced mobility” is coming to an end and games like that generally do not do well has me worried for halos future. I and many other feel halo needs to return to its roots in terms of gameplay, artstyle, and sounds. This is not a post saying how horrible the new mobility is, I for one like it but i don’t see a future in it and I much prefer the classic gameplay. Now if they were to do this they could go down many paths, 1 way they could go that would make the most sense is that they should make a spin off halo game with the classic gameplay while the main games keep the current gameplay we have now so it would keep fans of the old and new happy. In terms of gameplay it should play almost identical to halos 2 and 3 with all of both games weapons and vehicles while adding some stuff from the new games such as weapons, ( dmr, but if it would be added it should play like the one in spv3 where its supposed to be used as long range weapon with a slower fire rate but good accuracy and not so great up close so its not exactly like the br, grenade launcher, plasma caster, rail gun, hunter cannon etc,) vehicles (rocket hog, revenant, and maybe even the mantis) armors, and weapon skins. With the story, it could make sense cannon wise by setting it in the early days of the human-covenant war with you playing as chief or other spartan IIs (it would be cool to play as Jerome and red team to see more of them because they’re awesome). I feel like a spin off classic halo game would good because a lot of people are sick of remakes and want to see halo return to its classic gameplay in a new experience.

Or just cater to both fanbases in halo 6

> 2533274830166194;5:
> > 2533274932512744;1:
> > -----------------------------------
>
> Or just cater to both fanbases in halo 6

They can’t.

> 2533274900668879;6:
> > 2533274830166194;5:
> > > 2533274932512744;1:
> > > -----------------------------------
> >
> > Or just cater to both fanbases in halo 6
>
> They can’t.

They could but they seem unwilling to

> 2533274830166194;5:
> > 2533274932512744;1:
> >
>

Not possible. Some people claim H5 caters to both, it doesn’t. Point is if Halo 6 needs to be a success it either needs to cater to classic Halo fans or it will drag along with the modern fans that want H4/5 style games, we all know how much H4,5 are hurting the franchise.

Why not Halo have a Classic and Advanced Movement modes? That’s the simple answer isn’t it?

> 2533274850752370;9:
> Why not Halo have a Classic and Advanced Movement modes? That’s the simple answer isn’t it?

Not really.

An example: It’s like If I order a plain cheeseburger from a restaurant that I normally enjoy eating from but the chief says I should be ok with the cheeseburger with onions just because he’s trying to cater to me, other customers too while ignoring the fact that I didn’t enjoy onions. Sure I can try the onions but then I wouldn’t enjoy or get what I paid for.

The point I’m trying to get to is it’s the same with Halo…sure it has a few ingredients that I like but then there are things added to it that make it extremely hard to enjoy, can lead to being frequently stressed out, generally not having fun and leads to a loss of customers.

> 2533274830166194;5:
> > 2533274932512744;1:
> > Seeing that the age of “enhanced mobility” is coming to an end and games like that generally do not do well has me worried for halos future. I and many other feel halo needs to return to its roots in terms of gameplay, artstyle, and sounds. This is not a post saying how horrible the new mobility is, I for one like it but i don’t see a future in it and I much prefer the classic gameplay. Now if they were to do this they could go down many paths, 1 way they could go that would make the most sense is that they should make a spin off halo game with the classic gameplay while the main games keep the current gameplay we have now so it would keep fans of the old and new happy. In terms of gameplay it should play almost identical to halos 2 and 3 with all of both games weapons and vehicles while adding some stuff from the new games such as weapons, ( dmr, but if it would be added it should play like the one in spv3 where its supposed to be used as long range weapon with a slower fire rate but good accuracy and not so great up close so its not exactly like the br, grenade launcher, plasma caster, rail gun, hunter cannon etc,) vehicles (rocket hog, revenant, and maybe even the mantis) armors, and weapon skins. With the story, it could make sense cannon wise by setting it in the early days of the human-covenant war with you playing as chief or other spartan IIs (it would be cool to play as Jerome and red team to see more of them because they’re awesome). I feel like a spin off classic halo game would good because a lot of people are sick of remakes and want to see halo return to its classic gameplay in a new experience.
>

If you mean by just giving them a classic playlist, it’s not the same, it would never work out.

> 2533274932512744;11:
> > 2533274830166194;5:
> > > 2533274932512744;1:
> > > Seeing that the age of “enhanced mobility” is coming to an end and games like that generally do not do well has me worried for halos future. I and many other feel halo needs to return to its roots in terms of gameplay, artstyle, and sounds. This is not a post saying how horrible the new mobility is, I for one like it but i don’t see a future in it and I much prefer the classic gameplay. Now if they were to do this they could go down many paths, 1 way they could go that would make the most sense is that they should make a spin off halo game with the classic gameplay while the main games keep the current gameplay we have now so it would keep fans of the old and new happy. In terms of gameplay it should play almost identical to halos 2 and 3 with all of both games weapons and vehicles while adding some stuff from the new games such as weapons, ( dmr, but if it would be added it should play like the one in spv3 where its supposed to be used as long range weapon with a slower fire rate but good accuracy and not so great up close so its not exactly like the br, grenade launcher, plasma caster, rail gun, hunter cannon etc,) vehicles (rocket hog, revenant, and maybe even the mantis) armors, and weapon skins. With the story, it could make sense cannon wise by setting it in the early days of the human-covenant war with you playing as chief or other spartan IIs (it would be cool to play as Jerome and red team to see more of them because they’re awesome). I feel like a spin off classic halo game would good because a lot of people are sick of remakes and want to see halo return to its classic gameplay in a new experience.
> >
> > Or just cater to both fanbases in halo 6
>
> If you mean by just giving them a classic playlist, it’s not the same, it would never work out.

Classic playlists…plural.Like 5 gametypes for classic modes and 5 for newer fast paced halo

> 2533274830166194;12:
> > 2533274932512744;11:
> > > 2533274830166194;5:
> > > > 2533274932512744;1:
> > > > Seeing that the age of “enhanced mobility” is coming to an end and games like that generally do not do well has me worried for halos future. I and many other feel halo needs to return to its roots in terms of gameplay, artstyle, and sounds. This is not a post saying how horrible the new mobility is, I for one like it but i don’t see a future in it and I much prefer the classic gameplay. Now if they were to do this they could go down many paths, 1 way they could go that would make the most sense is that they should make a spin off halo game with the classic gameplay while the main games keep the current gameplay we have now so it would keep fans of the old and new happy. In terms of gameplay it should play almost identical to halos 2 and 3 with all of both games weapons and vehicles while adding some stuff from the new games such as weapons, ( dmr, but if it would be added it should play like the one in spv3 where its supposed to be used as long range weapon with a slower fire rate but good accuracy and not so great up close so its not exactly like the br, grenade launcher, plasma caster, rail gun, hunter cannon etc,) vehicles (rocket hog, revenant, and maybe even the mantis) armors, and weapon skins. With the story, it could make sense cannon wise by setting it in the early days of the human-covenant war with you playing as chief or other spartan IIs (it would be cool to play as Jerome and red team to see more of them because they’re awesome). I feel like a spin off classic halo game would good because a lot of people are sick of remakes and want to see halo return to its classic gameplay in a new experience.
> > >
> > > Or just cater to both fanbases in halo 6
> >
> > If you mean by just giving them a classic playlist, it’s not the same, it would never work out.
>
> Classic playlists…plural.Like 5 gametypes for classic modes and 5 for newer fast paced halo

It’s not that simple, for a classic playlist to work they would need separate maps because the ones with enhanced movement are too big and wouldn’t work for a classic playlist so that means they’d all be forge maps and It wouldn’t be fair for the classic fans because if the game is centered around a play style they don’t particularly like it’s not fair they get a few game modes on most likely forge maps just to try to make them happy.

While I agree since seeing the WWII trailer and it looking awesome persoanlly(Cod or not, it still looked pretty nice to see and seeing the flamethrower in the trailer I am happy in hope to use it again) and since a lot games are going back to roots like you said which is not surprising since people hated the future stuff and me personally when it came to Cod and Halo. And if they are going to their roots they must go back to Reach art style I think due to what happened in Halo 5 and the gritty feel might make the game look and feel less cartoony with the Spartans looks. Doing so might even let us go back to using older models like the BR55 and the M392 instead of the new versions. Maybe as a personal thought and maybe good one, have the Infinity be sacrificed with about maybe all the Spartan IV’s on there and they all lose their nice modern tech since it gets destroyed and they must be forced to older models like I said earlier in terms of weapons, armor, and transport.

> 2533274932512744;13:
> > 2533274830166194;12:
> > > 2533274932512744;11:
> > > > 2533274830166194;5:
> > > > > 2533274932512744;1:
> > > > > Seeing that the age of “enhanced mobility” is coming to an end and games like that generally do not do well has me worried for halos future. I and many other feel halo needs to return to its roots in terms of gameplay, artstyle, and sounds. This is not a post saying how horrible the new mobility is, I for one like it but i don’t see a future in it and I much prefer the classic gameplay. Now if they were to do this they could go down many paths, 1 way they could go that would make the most sense is that they should make a spin off halo game with the classic gameplay while the main games keep the current gameplay we have now so it would keep fans of the old and new happy. In terms of gameplay it should play almost identical to halos 2 and 3 with all of both games weapons and vehicles while adding some stuff from the new games such as weapons, ( dmr, but if it would be added it should play like the one in spv3 where its supposed to be used as long range weapon with a slower fire rate but good accuracy and not so great up close so its not exactly like the br, grenade launcher, plasma caster, rail gun, hunter cannon etc,) vehicles (rocket hog, revenant, and maybe even the mantis) armors, and weapon skins. With the story, it could make sense cannon wise by setting it in the early days of the human-covenant war with you playing as chief or other spartan IIs (it would be cool to play as Jerome and red team to see more of them because they’re awesome). I feel like a spin off classic halo game would good because a lot of people are sick of remakes and want to see halo return to its classic gameplay in a new experience.
> > > >
> > > > Or just cater to both fanbases in halo 6
> > >
> > > If you mean by just giving them a classic playlist, it’s not the same, it would never work out.
> >
> > Classic playlists…plural.Like 5 gametypes for classic modes and 5 for newer fast paced halo
>
> It’s not that simple, for a classic playlist to work they would need separate maps because the ones with enhanced movement are too big and wouldn’t work for a classic playlist so that means they’d all be forge maps and It wouldn’t be fair for the classic fans because if the game is centered around a play style they don’t particularly like it’s not fair they get a few game modes on most likely forge maps just to try to make them happy.

They Dont have to be forge maps,and 343 had so many bad forge maps and they don’t even have a classic playlist

> 2533274830166194;15:
> > 2533274932512744;13:
> > > 2533274830166194;12:
> > > > 2533274932512744;11:
> > > > > 2533274830166194;5:
> > > > > > 2533274932512744;1:
> > > > > > Seeing that the age of “enhanced mobility” is coming to an end and games like that generally do not do well has me worried for halos future. I and many other feel halo needs to return to its roots in terms of gameplay, artstyle, and sounds. This is not a post saying how horrible the new mobility is, I for one like it but i don’t see a future in it and I much prefer the classic gameplay. Now if they were to do this they could go down many paths, 1 way they could go that would make the most sense is that they should make a spin off halo game with the classic gameplay while the main games keep the current gameplay we have now so it would keep fans of the old and new happy. In terms of gameplay it should play almost identical to halos 2 and 3 with all of both games weapons and vehicles while adding some stuff from the new games such as weapons, ( dmr, but if it would be added it should play like the one in spv3 where its supposed to be used as long range weapon with a slower fire rate but good accuracy and not so great up close so its not exactly like the br, grenade launcher, plasma caster, rail gun, hunter cannon etc,) vehicles (rocket hog, revenant, and maybe even the mantis) armors, and weapon skins. With the story, it could make sense cannon wise by setting it in the early days of the human-covenant war with you playing as chief or other spartan IIs (it would be cool to play as Jerome and red team to see more of them because they’re awesome). I feel like a spin off classic halo game would good because a lot of people are sick of remakes and want to see halo return to its classic gameplay in a new experience.
> > > > >
> > > > > Or just cater to both fanbases in halo 6
> > > >
> > > > If you mean by just giving them a classic playlist, it’s not the same, it would never work out.
> > >
> > > Classic playlists…plural.Like 5 gametypes for classic modes and 5 for newer fast paced halo
> >
> > It’s not that simple, for a classic playlist to work they would need separate maps because the ones with enhanced movement are too big and wouldn’t work for a classic playlist so that means they’d all be forge maps and It wouldn’t be fair for the classic fans because if the game is centered around a play style they don’t particularly like it’s not fair they get a few game modes on most likely forge maps just to try to make them happy.
>
> They Dont have to be forge maps,and 343 had so many bad forge maps and they don’t even have a classic playlist

I see the only way this working would be for advanced mobility maps playing as BTB maps for “Classic” , and “Classic” maps working as Arena maps for advanced move. This is of course assuming clamber is removed , as that one mechanic alone changes how maps are designed. Other than clamber the only mechanic that has major map influence would be sprint and it just stretches every map into a BTB map for “Classic” movement.

I know slide , thrusters , ground pound and shoulder charge are there , although I don’t believe they have as much influence on map design as sprint or clamber , but I could be wrong.