A request to the developers at 343.

I’ll keep this short.

Please don’t charge for additional multiplayer maps. It would only serve to divide the community.

Please don’t make any multiplayer achievements, we don’t need them, and many of us don’t want them.

The first request is impossible, I would say I’m strongly against it. While I like free stuff, I feel that the developers deserve payment for their hard work. Plus, I don’t see how it would divide the community.

The second one I would agree with, but it’s probably going to happen anyway (especially with DLC).

Nothings free buddy, oh well execpt season 1 of Spartan Ops :slight_smile:

> Nothings free buddy, oh well execpt season 1 of Spartan Ops :slight_smile:

Hmm, I didn’t know that the first Season is free.

It’s kinda not up to them, but to Microsoft and their lame policies. I’m actually curious how they manage to get away with it in Mass Effect 3.

I agree with you but for the first DLC pack and Ops Spartan is controversial.

I also agree to a point that was mentioned earlier that it should have independent servers packs not to force us to pay all the packs.

> > Nothings free buddy, oh well execpt season 1 of Spartan Ops :slight_smile:
>
> Hmm, I didn’t know that the first Season is free.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiClnO5Uzqg around 5:24.

It was also mentioned at many halo panels etc.

Ummm… not gonna happen. Ever. Unless you get the LE… Besides, they spend a lot of time, effort and money on map packs, so they deserve money for them.

And in terms of Achievements… I do love that boo-bup as a new achievement is gained. So, I also disagree with the second one.

That’s like somebody asking you to go work for a month without you getting a paycheck. You just have to think about it realistically; 343i is made of people, who need to pay their bills and feed their families just like the rest of us. Their job is to make video games, and they can’t do it for free.

> It’s kinda not up to them, but to Microsoft and their lame policies. I’m actually curious how they manage to get away with it in Mass Effect 3.

ME3 co-op has actually gotten BioWare more money than all the single-player DLC combined from the first two Mass Effects. The packs in real currency are cheap, but that stuff piles up big time and is the only reason why we’ve been getting so much free content.

And i’m a sucker for those packs… ^

What I really want are those freakin maps to become required.

Damn, I thought all the seasons were free.

> > It’s kinda not up to them, but to Microsoft and their lame policies. I’m actually curious how they manage to get away with it in Mass Effect 3.
>
> ME3 co-op has actually gotten BioWare more money than all the single-player DLC combined from the first two Mass Effects. The packs in real currency are cheap, but that stuff piles up big time and is the only reason why we’ve been getting so much free content.

and joining friends who dont have the dlc wityh the new dlc would cause problems like not letting them join (they could add an update to solve this though) OP: if by splitting the community you mean that people who have the dlc end up not playing with those that dont because they dont have the maps (like in reach)

> > > It’s kinda not up to them, but to Microsoft and their lame policies. I’m actually curious how they manage to get away with it in Mass Effect 3.
> >
> > ME3 co-op has actually gotten BioWare more money than all the single-player DLC combined from the first two Mass Effects. The packs in real currency are cheap, but that stuff piles up big time and is the only reason why we’ve been getting so much free content.
>
> and joining friends who dont have the dlc wityh the new dlc would cause problems like not letting them join (they could add an update to solve this though) OP: if by splitting the community you mean that people who have the dlc end up not playing with those that dont because they dont have the maps (like in reach)

That’s exactly what I’m talking about! (I think?) People who don’t buy the maps will have a harder time playing online, and it will just get worse with every new pack they launch.

Mass Effect doesn’t charge for their maps, they just give people the option to pay real money (or MS points) for the characters and equipment.

If 343 really needs the cash, they could just charge for the cosmetic stuff, the armor pieces and camo.

> > > > It’s kinda not up to them, but to Microsoft and their lame policies. I’m actually curious how they manage to get away with it in Mass Effect 3.
> > >
> > > ME3 co-op has actually gotten BioWare more money than all the single-player DLC combined from the first two Mass Effects. The packs in real currency are cheap, but that stuff piles up big time and is the only reason why we’ve been getting so much free content.
> >
> > and joining friends who dont have the dlc wityh the new dlc would cause problems like not letting them join (they could add an update to solve this though) OP: if by splitting the community you mean that people who have the dlc end up not playing with those that dont because they dont have the maps (like in reach)
>
> That’s exactly what I’m talking about! (I think?) People who don’t buy the maps will have a harder time playing online, and it will just get worse with every new pack they launch.
>
> Mass Effect doesn’t charge for their maps, they just give people the option to pay real money (or MS points) for the characters and equipment.
>
> If 343 really needs the cash, they could just charge for the cosmetic stuff, the armor pieces and camo.

that wouldnt be for the best because I dont want to pay MS points just to get a helmet and people would just do that with the hard to unlock helmets (the could make certain ones non buyable) and they could do what epic games did and give a booster pack that lets people go on certain maps if the host has them (in gears 3 the booster pack thing) (or however it works)

Bungie did it right with Halo 3. They forced people to buy the packs. It’s the best solution for people who bought the maps.

343i should do the same here. A “we don’t force people to buy the maps” system simply never worked in Reach.

> Bungie did it right with Halo 3. They forced people to buy the packs. It’s the best solution for people who bought the maps.
>
> 343i should do the same here. A “we don’t force people to buy the maps” system simply never worked in Reach.

And then the community splits!

You then have those who buy the packs, and those who don’t buy the packs (And they may still want to play). Later on there will be players who have been waiting for the retail price to drop, only to find, that because they have waited so long can’t play online without paying an additional $20 for the pack, (the very money they were hoping to save!)

Where is the solution for them?

How else will they make money? I personally think that DLC should cost money, so we can help support the developers while getting fresh new content.

Wait… Spartan Ops is NOT free? Are you serious?

> > Bungie did it right with Halo 3. They forced people to buy the packs. It’s the best solution for people who bought the maps.
> >
> > 343i should do the same here. A “we don’t force people to buy the maps” system simply never worked in Reach.
>
> And then the community splits!
>
> You then have those who buy the packs, and those who don’t buy the packs (And they may still want to play). Later on there will be players who have been waiting for the retail price to drop, only to find, that because they have waited so long can’t play online without paying an additional $20 for the pack, (the very money they were hoping to save!)
>
> Where is the solution for them?

It’s very simple. Only integrate the map packs into some playlists, not all of them. It’s not perfect, but there’s something for everyone