A Request to 343

I’m a huge Bungie fan, and it pains me to see them leaving Halo for their next great adventure, but it’s only smart to jump on the right band wagon now if I want to see any changes to Halo in the future.

At the moment, I’m remembering back on Bungie’s tendency to add gametypes or gametype modifications through the Playlist system. A few examples of this in Halo: Reach would be Speedflag, Alpha Zombies, Haloball, Hockey e.t.c.

I’d supremely enjoy it if 343 would read this thread and take note of my idea, and potentially use it as a means of getting close with the Halo fanbase and former Bungie community.

=-=-=-=

I’d love to see a gametype similar to Slayer, but with the attrition traits of Infection. The game would work as follows:

Two Teams (Possibly More)
Player 1 on Team A kills Player 2 on Team B, Player 2 joins Team A on Spawn.
Team A kills and adds all players from Team B but 1 player (Player X).
Player X gets new traits as Last Man Standing on Team B. (i.e. Rocket launcher in slot 1, Infinite Ammo, Active Camo)

=-=-=-=

I feel like adding in customized and entertaining gametypes (like this one) would give 343 a great start into their new fantastic journey that is being the primary creative studio for the Halo Universe and will earn them a few Brownie points with the saddened Bungie fanbase.

Plus, personally, I’ve been dreaming of something like this for a longgggg time. Back in Halo: CE we’d play on Servers that hosted a similar gametype, which is actually what started the idea for Infection in the Halo games to come. Let’s bring it back to it’s roots! :smiley:

I would like this idea but the question is would it work in Reach or not.

> I’m a huge Bungie fan, and it pains me to see them leaving Halo for their next great adventure, but it’s only smart to jump on the right band wagon now if I want to see any changes to Halo in the future.
>
> At the moment, I’m remembering back on Bungie’s tendency to add gametypes or gametype modifications through the Playlist system. A few examples of this in Halo: Reach would be Speedflag, Alpha Zombies, Haloball, Hockey e.t.c.
>
> I’d supremely enjoy it if 343 would read this thread and take note of my idea, and potentially use it as a means of getting close with the Halo fanbase and former Bungie community.
>
> =-=-=-=
>
> I’d love to see a gametype similar to Slayer, but with the attrition traits of Infection. The game would work as follows:
>
> Two Teams (Possibly More)
> Player 1 on Team A kills Player 2 on Team B, Player 2 joins Team A on Spawn.
> Team A kills and adds all players from Team B but 1 player (Player X).
> Player X gets new traits as Last Man Standing on Team B. (i.e. Rocket launcher in slot 1, Infinite Ammo, Active Camo)
>
> =-=-=-=
>
> I feel like adding in customized and entertaining gametypes (like this one) would give 343 a great start into their new fantastic journey that is being the primary creative studio for the Halo Universe and will earn them a few Brownie points with the saddened Bungie fanbase.
>
>
> Plus, personally, I’ve been dreaming of something like this for a longgggg time. Back in Halo: CE we’d play on Servers that hosted a similar gametype, which is actually what started the idea for Infection in the Halo games to come. Let’s bring it back to it’s roots! :smiley:

This would never work. People play with their friends online, they dont want to play a match where they are pitted against them. One of my first thoughts in reading your idea is that people would allow themselves to be killed by their friends just to be back on the same side and vise-versa. It would be like two teams giving each other easy kills, very similar to deranking or grievers.

> I’m a huge Bungie fan, and it pains me to see them leaving Halo for their next great adventure, but it’s only smart to jump on the right band wagon now if I want to see any changes to Halo in the future.
>
> At the moment, I’m remembering back on Bungie’s tendency to add gametypes or gametype modifications through the Playlist system. A few examples of this in Halo: Reach would be Speedflag, Alpha Zombies, Haloball, Hockey e.t.c.
>
> I’d supremely enjoy it if 343 would read this thread and take note of my idea, and potentially use it as a means of getting close with the Halo fanbase and former Bungie community.
>
> =-=-=-=
>
> I’d love to see a gametype similar to Slayer, but with the attrition traits of Infection. The game would work as follows:
>
> Two Teams (Possibly More)
> Player 1 on Team A kills Player 2 on Team B, Player 2 joins Team A on Spawn.
> Team A kills and adds all players from Team B but 1 player (Player X).
> Player X gets new traits as Last Man Standing on Team B. (i.e. Rocket launcher in slot 1, Infinite Ammo, Active Camo)
>
> =-=-=-=
>
> I feel like adding in customized and entertaining gametypes (like this one) would give 343 a great start into their new fantastic journey that is being the primary creative studio for the Halo Universe and will earn them a few Brownie points with the saddened Bungie fanbase.
>
>
> Plus, personally, I’ve been dreaming of something like this for a longgggg time. Back in Halo: CE we’d play on Servers that hosted a similar gametype, which is actually what started the idea for Infection in the Halo games to come. Let’s bring it back to it’s roots! :smiley:

i think that sounds good but theres only a slight problem there how for example team a could all be in a party together and corner team Bs last man standing.