A render TU custom option? ( Good Idea )

After watching the Halo Fest pannel about the Title Update, we won’t have the option to edit the TU game types. However could this idea be implimented?

A web based, game generator?

So imagine this you want to tweak Bloom % or AL. You can’t find the correct gametype to suit you. So you head on over to halo.xbox.com, click a page.

This gives you a form like system you fill out. Wait about 10minutes then, your custom gametype will be posted on a 343i fileshare or just a download link to your console.

What do you think of this idea guys? A bit like Bungie Pro Render but with Gametypes.

Reply with Feedback, If you like or what could be made better.

I would really like this idea so I can properly make gametypes my own, and not have to wait for 343i to make a 3SK Pistol Speedpile game.

Yes, and it should be deleted from the File Host after 1 Hour, or have it directly uploaded to the player’s fileshare

> Yes, and it should be deleted from the File Host after 1 Hour, or have it directly uploaded to the player’s fileshare

Good idea.

Server space? Fine make it a downloadable program that you use to make the gametype and then you just press upload (I doubt doing that would help anything server-side though sooo yeah)
343i already said they couldn’t make a ui for it in the game… but they can make it on their server.
Why not add even more tweaks?

ps 343, could we see even lower gravity in Halo 4 that affects things other than players (like in Zealot, Anchor 9, and Highground)?

> 343i already said they couldn’t make a ui for it in the game…

Actually IIRC they said it was “out of scope” – that is, it wasn’t as high-priority as actually creating the settings.

I strongly suspect that the new features were implemented as extensions to the Megalo scripting engine. What this means, I think, is that 343 should be able to create a GUI for it in-game; they just haven’t had the time. I don’t think it would be too different from whatever process Bungie used to add the “Super Shields” toggle (flaming feet for Overshields) to newer Slayer and Objective game variants.

So I’m hoping that we’ll actually get a GUI for the features in the future. Of course, being able to edit them server-side would be a really nice thing to have while we wait.

That would be awesome.

Will the modifications(like no bloom for example) stay on the gametype of you edit anything on the gametype?

> That would be awesome.
>
> Will the modifications(like no bloom for example) stay on the gametype of you edit anything on the gametype?

Yes. It’s just like the new settings Bungie added post-release.

I like this.

Good idea.

+9000
Epic idea.

One problem though, wouldn’t everyone in the game have to recieve a TU to play your gametype?

Wait… Isnt this called editing your options in Custom Games?

> Wait… Isnt this called editing your options in Custom Games?

FACEDESKPALMDESKPALMDESK

It’s basically a more complicated but better way of editing cusom options.

> Wait… Isnt this called editing your options in Custom Games?

You can’t use any of the advanced gametype scripting options you can ingame. These options would be things like bloom modification, the amount of damage that drains armor lock, flaming feet, etc.

> > Wait… Isnt this called editing your options in Custom Games?
>
> You can’t use any of the advanced gametype scripting options you can ingame. These options would be things like bloom modification, the amount of damage that drains armor lock, flaming feet, etc.

Yeah, it would be awesome. Also i think it should directly place the file in your fileshare so the servers do not get clogged up with Spam gametypes. Also you would have to logged into the account you want the gametype for (fileshare wise)