A Reason For No Split Screen

I can honestly tell you I don’t blame 343i for not adding split screen. Don’t get me wrong I loved it and will miss it dearly. But, the Xbox One most likely could not handle it.

As we all know Microsoft’s Xbox One has a lot of issues and most defiantly not the best product they have made. With all the connection issues and constant problems and bugs. I feel like the Xbox One just was rushed and was not properly made to handle this generations games.
Example: I’m both a Call Of Duty and Halo fan. Halo first of course. But, Call Of Duty’s latest installment Advanced Warfare running at 60fps was very glitchy and buggy. I did on multiple occasions try to play split screen with friends and family. The frame rate just made the game miserable to play on co-op NO JOKE. You could actually hear the Xbox being pushed to the max. Constant frame lag and loud fans. The Xbox One is not very capable of running split screen smoothly. If it can’t run smoothly then what is the point in having it at all?

So, don’t blame this on 343 they are doing the best they can with what they got. They really are thinking about us Halo fans. They would rather have the game run good then make it disappoint you and make a quick buck.

I wonder if there was a way to drop the frame rate in a patch enabling split screen. High frame rate is not everything. Remember, we still watch movies at 24fps.

I’ve always had fun playing multiplayer. The real fun though was when I could trash talk my buddy across the room when I blasted him with a rocket while he was reaching for a slice of pizza. Without the co-op/multiplayer split screen function it’s no longer what it was.

More and more technology keeps coming out these days that pushes actual physical contact further and further away. Video games already did that to a point, but with Halo you could get a group of friends together and have great fun… Now that has been lost.

Yeah, I feel they rushed the XB1 too =/ it’s a shame cause I am a HUGE Xbox fan. Split screen is missed…dearly. My roommate and I have to switch off on multiplayer and it kills my momentum!

> 2553380145885607;3:
> Yeah, I feel they rushed the XB1 too =/ it’s a shame cause I am a HUGE Xbox fan. Split screen is missed…dearly. My roommate and I have to switch off on multiplayer and it kills my momentum!

Yeah man I feel you. Its lame. Hopefully they make an Xbox One Elite or something that can handle the games better.

> 2533274819328097;2:
> I wonder if there was a way to drop the frame rate in a patch enabling split screen. High frame rate is not everything. Remember, we still watch movies at 24fps.
>
> I’ve always had fun playing multiplayer. The real fun though was when I could trash talk my buddy across the room when I blasted him with a rocket while he was reaching for a slice of pizza. Without the co-op/multiplayer split screen function it’s no longer what it was.
>
> More and more technology keeps coming out these days that pushes actual physical contact further and further away. Video games already did that to a point, but with Halo you could get a group of friends together and have great fun… Now that has been lost.

Yeah idk. Microsoft just didn’t take the time to really make a stable console its sad.

> 2533274819328097;2:
> I wonder if there was a way to drop the frame rate in a patch enabling split screen. High frame rate is not everything. Remember, we still watch movies at 24fps.
>
> I’ve always had fun playing multiplayer. The real fun though was when I could trash talk my buddy across the room when I blasted him with a rocket while he was reaching for a slice of pizza. Without the co-op/multiplayer split screen function it’s no longer what it was.
>
> More and more technology keeps coming out these days that pushes actual physical contact further and further away. Video games already did that to a point, but with Halo you could get a group of friends together and have great fun… Now that has been lost.

Your example of films remaining at 24 fps is a bit weak. Higher frame rates in games is beneficial, especially for twitch based shooters.

> 2717573882290912;6:
> > 2533274819328097;2:
> > I wonder if there was a way to drop the frame rate in a patch enabling split screen. High frame rate is not everything. Remember, we still watch movies at 24fps.
> >
> > I’ve always had fun playing multiplayer. The real fun though was when I could trash talk my buddy across the room when I blasted him with a rocket while he was reaching for a slice of pizza. Without the co-op/multiplayer split screen function it’s no longer what it was.
> >
> > More and more technology keeps coming out these days that pushes actual physical contact further and further away. Video games already did that to a point, but with Halo you could get a group of friends together and have great fun… Now that has been lost.
>
>
> Your example of films remaining at 24 fps is a bit weak. Higher frame rates in games is beneficial, especially for twitch based shooters.

Yeah id say more 30fps if anything.

Pretty sure it would take a lot more than a lower frame rate to accommodate split-screen.

They made Halo 4 work in 4 player split screen on the 360, with much less hardware capabilities than the current gen. I personally don’t buy their excuses, because of their exclusion of LAN play. They are dumping all multiplayer behind the XBL paywall.