A rant from a fan since the beginning

Please note I typed this on a ipad, so there may be many grammatical errors, and also if you do not wish to hear my opinions on other halo games, please just scroll down to where it says halo 4, since this is a halo 4 forum after all

Halo: while no multiplayer existed, we can all agree that this game set the standards for all FPS games following this one

Halo 2: simply amazing
First time using the BR = awesome
The maps were perfect, I cannot recall one unbalanced map on this game
This was also the first online multiplayer online game I played. I loved it, I can still remember my 12 year old self being made fun of for my pre-pubescent voice these were the days.
This game like halo CE also had a huge impact on all future FPS games. This game defined competitive mathmaking

Halo 3: I liked to consider this revamped halo 2, I can honestly say I enjoyed it just as much as I enjoyed halo 2. Forge was always fun , and the custom games were so fun, who could forget those infected game types on forged maps, “fat kid” was always a blast

Halo reach: first time I can truly say I did not like a halo game off the bat. The lack of BR was pretty devastating, and all the new AA’s were kind of annoying. But I did learn to like this game, I eventually began playing it daily as I would halo 2 and 3, though I didn’t think this was as good as halo 2 or 3 multiplayer wise, I would still say halo reach was an exceptional halo game

Halo 4: this is weird, first game I played I used. BR. I did amazing, and I said to myself, I love this halo. I got my BR back. Now lets fast forward 1 month, by the day I am getting more and more tired of this game, the Prometheun vision, the class setups, the perks, the bad maps. I felt like I was playing a call of duty game. Fast forward to now, and halon4 has only been in my Xbox a handful of times. I simply do not enjoying this game, it has no lasting effect on me. This is the only halo that has not been fun enough to go back on and play, or continue playing. I was told there would be a classic playlist, with no classes, default gun spawn locations, and a default gun to spawn with, like the AR. But to this day no such playlist exist. I would defiantly play more if there was a classic playlist that played more like halo 2 or 3, or even reach .

Halo 5: I will definatley get this game for the campaign, but obviously I’m unsure if I will stick around for the multiplayer.
343 needs to realize that it needs to go back to its roots. The population on halo reach was very low compared to 2 and 3, and the population on 4 is just a joke. The more 343 tries to improve the game. The more their breaking it. They NEED to return to the basics. Default guns, default gun spawns, and no classes, no perks. Also I would not be particularly happy if there are AA’s but I would understand why they are, just no overpowered ones please

There it is, guess I did all this just because I’m sad to see the game I grew up playing dieing, and also I’m sad it no longer appears to be fun to me

The only thing that will revive Halo (IMO) would be a Halo 2 Anniversary edition with the EXACT same Multiplayer, just revamp the graphics and add forge.

> The only thing that will revive Halo (IMO) would be a Halo 2 Anniversary edition with the EXACT same Multiplayer, just revamp the graphics and add forge.

That is a wonderful idea!

which is why 343 will not consider it

Haha love the small text, and I agree this idea would be awesome, I’ve been actually hoping for this for a while now

Spoke your mind and there is nothing wrong with that. I agree with pretty much everything you said. You stated what you liked and disliked, it’s constructive. Have a good day sir or mam.

I’m seeing a tendency of Halo to align itself with a CoD-esque multiplayer. A major issue that arises with such a change in my eyes, is that Halo was largely loved for what it was and not what it is becoming. When people want perks and progression systems in their multiplayer experience they tend to go play the game that has already been getting it right. IE: CoD.

Halo always had an emphasis on skill gaps. The game was balanced to the point where you could confidently group people into skill brackets. You’d see people work together to exceed their bracket. To be rewarded for their skill in the game. But now it’s becoming harder and harder to separate people into brackets and there’s less reasoning behind improving your skill. This has severely dampened competitive gameplay and, in turn, the competitive community has taken a huge hit because of it.

You know, that diehard competitive halo community that offered such a huge amount of support? Who organized professional national and international tournaments that generated a ton of exposure for the game? The community that had players and teams streaming gameplay and content late into the night bringing its members together.

You didn’t see the casual players putting hours and hours into Halo, organizing events, streaming gamplays, commentating, competing for thousands of dollars, generating tons of exposure etc. etc.

> which is why 343 will not consider it

Dude, 343i has considered it. But you got more than just 343i who has to consider it, there’s also the fanbase, some of us don’t want to see a Halo 2 remake. Why? Because #1 it’s not needed, we have Halo 2 PC. #2 it’d be a sign that they’re milking the series.

> I’m seeing a tendency of Halo to align itself with a CoD-esque multiplayer. A major issue that arises with such a change in my eyes, is that Halo was largely loved for what it was and not what it is becoming. When people want perks and progression systems in their multiplayer experience they tend to go play the game that has already been getting it right. IE: CoD.
>
> Halo always had an emphasis on skill gaps. The game was balanced to the point where you could confidently group people into skill brackets. You’d see people work together to exceed their bracket. To be rewarded for their skill in the game. But now it’s becoming harder and harder to separate people into brackets and there’s less reasoning behind improving your skill. This has severely dampened competitive gameplay and, in turn, the competitive community has taken a huge hit because of it.
>
> You know, that diehard competitive halo community that offered such a huge amount of support? Who organized professional national and international tournaments that generated a ton of exposure for the game? The community that had players and teams streaming gameplay and content late into the night bringing it’s members together.
>
> You didn’t see the casual players putting hours and hours into Halo, organizing events, streaming gamplays, commentating, competing for thousands of dollars, generating tons of exposure etc. etc.

This

As soon as you said no multiplayer existed in Halo CE you lost me. That could not be a bigger misstatement. Sorry dude.

@Weird stealth.

They had Halo: CE for the PC, still remade it. They’re already milking the series, at least they could give us some chocolate milk instead of this spoiled udder pus they call Halo 4.

> > which is why 343 will not consider it
>
> Dude, 343i has considered it. But you got more than just 343i who has to consider it, there’s also the fanbase, <mark>some of us don’t want to see a Halo 2 remake.</mark> Why? Because #1 it’s not needed, we have Halo 2 PC. #2 it’d be a sign that they’re milking the series.

You stop speaking for others! I have seen COUNTLESS threads about making Halo 2 Anniversary! Ever since CE Anniversary was revealed, the first things outta peoples mouths was “There better be a Halo 2 Anniversary”

#1 It is very MUCH needed! People have been requesting Support for Halo 2 since the Server were shut down in 2010. Adding Halo 2 Multiplayer to H2 Anniversary would be widely accepted. Also Co-op Campaign via LIVE would be Icing on the Cake! Delicious Cake!

#2 Shut Up and let em take my money!! They wanna milk the Franchise? Let 'em. I guarantee you it will sell TRIPLE what CE Anniversary did! THIS would be the ultimate sign that they are ready to redeem themselves for Halo 4’s Mistakes and show the community that they hear us!

> > > which is why 343 will not consider it
> >
> > Dude, 343i has considered it. But you got more than just 343i who has to consider it, there’s also the fanbase, <mark>some of us don’t want to see a Halo 2 remake.</mark> Why? Because #1 it’s not needed, we have Halo 2 PC. #2 it’d be a sign that they’re milking the series.
>
> You stop speaking for others! I have seen COUNTLESS threads about making Halo 2 Anniversary! Ever since CE Anniversary was revealed, the first things outta peoples mouths was “There better be a Halo 2 Anniversary”
>
> #1 It is very MUCH needed! People have been requesting Support for Halo 2 since the Server were shut down in 2010. Adding Halo 2 Multiplayer to H2 Anniversary would be widely accepted. Also Co-op Campaign via LIVE would be Icing on the Cake! Delicious Cake!
>
> #2 Shut Up and let em take my money!! They wanna milk the Franchise? Let 'em. I guarantee you it will sell TRIPLE what CE Anniversary did! THIS would be the ultimate sign that they are ready to redeem themselves for Halo 4’s Mistakes and show the community that they hear us!

This community isn’t the whole population of halo you know

> As soon as you said no multiplayer existed in Halo CE you lost me. That could not be a bigger misstatement. Sorry dude.

I’m guessing he means Live support. Halo 2 was the first Halo Title to have XBOX LIVE support.

> As soon as you said no multiplayer existed in Halo CE you lost me. That could not be a bigger misstatement. Sorry dude.

There has never been any XBOX live supported multiplayer of this game. Sorry for the confusion , please read the rest, I generally want people’s opinions

> This community isn’t the whole population of halo you know

The Waypoint Forums Community? You don’t say…

But seriously, what could it hurt? A crumbling playerbase decides they want to play Halo 2 instead of Halo 4? That will show 343 what a majority of the community wants out of the Halo Franchise. Halo 2 is debate-ably the BEST Halo Mutiplayer.

> > This community isn’t the whole population of halo you know
>
> The Waypoint Forums Community? You don’t say…
>
> But seriously, what could it hurt? A crumbling playerbase decides they want to play Halo 2 instead of Halo 4? That will show 343 what a majority of the community wants out of the Halo Franchise. Halo 2 is debate-ably the BEST Halo Mutiplayer.

I agree, halo 2 matchmaking was flawless

> @Weird stealth.
>
> They had Halo: CE for the PC, still remade it. They’re already milking the series, at least they could give us some chocolate milk instead of this spoiled udder pus they call Halo 4.

They remade Halo CE because they wanted to make an HD Remake with Xbox LIVE CoOp. The Fanbase wanted a Halo CE remake with Xbox LIVE based Halo CE MP. Halo CEA No Halo CE Xbox LIVE MP.
The Halo fanbase wants a Halo 2 Remake with Halo 2 MP, what will happen? My guess if it actually happens, it’ll end up being the same as Halo CEA, a HD over the top graphical remake, with no Halo 2 MP, maybe Xbox LIVE CoOp, but not Xbox LIVE MP.

> You stop speaking for others! I have seen COUNTLESS threads about making Halo 2 Anniversary! Ever since CE Anniversary was revealed, the first things outta peoples mouths was “There better be a Halo 2 Anniversary”

You’re right, I don’t speak for others. But I do point out what I’ve seen, and heard. Have I seen people ask for Halo 2 remake? YES, on these forums, and many others, but I’ve also seen posts and comments from people who don’t want a Halo 2 Remake, granted you most likely never see them because you’re too busy with your tunnel vision to only see what you want to see. I will say that there are people who want a Halo 2 Remake, and I will say there are people who don’t want a Halo 2 Remake. This is not me talking for the community as a whole, this is ME stating what I’ve seen.

> #1 It is very MUCH needed! People have been requesting Support for Halo 2 since the Server were shut down in 2010. Adding Halo 2 Multiplayer to H2 Anniversary would be widely accepted. Also Co-op Campaign via LIVE would be Icing on the Cake! Delicious Cake!

You do understand that you got a 50/50 chance that 343i making a Halo 2 remake with no MP.

> #2 Shut Up and let em take my money!! They wanna milk the Franchise? Let 'em. I guarantee you it will sell TRIPLE what CE Anniversary did! THIS would be the ultimate sign that they are ready to redeem themselves for Halo 4’s Mistakes and show the community that they hear us!

So you people are not okay with how you think Halo 4 is, some people are acting like 343i crapped in their cornflakes, and acting like letting 343i developing Halo 4 was the worst idea ever, and yet some people want Microsoft to milk the franchise for all it’s worth, as long as it’s only on the Xbox, because that’s the only money they’ll get. Now who’s the one speaking for the community as a whole?

I swear, this so called community is fickel, someone suggests ways to put extra money in Microsoft’s and 343i’s pockets, like make Halo PC games, people treat it like the word of the devil himself. But if someone even suggests the idea that Microsoft and/or 343i is milking the franchise by making more remakes, it’s a GO.

> This community isn’t the whole population of halo you know

I don’t think he realizes that, I think he’s one of those people who think that every single person who posts in this forum board is the grand total of players who actually play Halo.

You know something FTS ANTI TEXX, I think that you believe that all I do is talk out of my -Yoink-, and act like I speak for the community. And for that, I should whack you on the back of the head for ever thinking that. I never speak for the fan base, it’s not my job, and I damn well don’t -Yoinking!- want it. I rarely speak for the community that I’m actually one of the community leaders. When I speak, I speak for one and only one person and his opinion, ME. Granted, I do point out things that I’ve seen and heard over time, but NEVER have I ever even suggested that I speaked for the community or the fanbase.

In fact here’s what I think I’d say if I did: “We’re the fan base of Halo, we feel we’re entitled to Halo as a game, we can’t make up our minds on what that should be, we like suggesting ideas, but as soon as something goes bad, we turn tails and blame the causal gamers like they are the elephant in the room. We are rude, immature people, who believe that we should be better than everyone else, and that competitive game play is the universal game play. We dislike anyone else, even PC gamers. We hate changes for a number of reason.”

Hows that? Better?

> I agree, halo 2 matchmaking was flawless

RIGHT?! It had little “quirks” about it that made it unique as an FPS. I call it Skill gap, others might call it “Street Fighter Button Combos.” But it was fun to have those fast paced games where you were no shields and could pull of a BXR on some unsuspecting player who just wanted to give you the Back Smack. The BEST Multiplayer, the BEST Ranking System (Besides Hackers/ Boosters going for 50’s), it was an all around GREAT title! For anyone to bash it is HERESY(lol)!!

The whole Raw/ No Frills, No Bedazzled Spartans gameplay made it HALO!

Agreed

Amazing how the OP and the typical community operates.

>Praises titles prior to Halo 4
>100 bucks, OP praises Halo 4 when Halo 5 is released.