A quote 343 should probably read.

> “I’d rather make a smaller dedicated fan base ecstatic than worry too much about the larger audience.”

-Wasteland 2 developer

Source:http://www.gamebanshee.com/interviews/107335-wasteland-2-interview.html

343 you know the fan base that has been here since the beginning, and you know what they like. Please, try not to run Halo into the ground by appealing to “everyone”

I fear it’s too late OP.

That guy is a very smart man

> > “I’d rather make a smaller dedicated fan base ecstatic than worry too much about the larger audience.”
>
> -Wasteland 2 developer
>
> Source:http://www.gamebanshee.com/interviews/107335-wasteland-2-interview.html
>
> 343 you know the fan base that has been here since the beginning, and you know what they like. Please, try not to run Halo into the ground by appealing to “everyone”

but 343 wants to appeal to the “BF, COD, GEARS” masses rather than the dedicated halo fans

> > > “I’d rather make a smaller dedicated fan base ecstatic than worry too much about the larger audience.”
> >
> > -Wasteland 2 developer
> >
> > Source:http://www.gamebanshee.com/interviews/107335-wasteland-2-interview.html
> >
> > 343 you know the fan base that has been here since the beginning, and you know what they like. Please, try not to run Halo into the ground by appealing to “everyone”
>
> but 343 wants to appeal to the “BF, COD, GEARS” masses rather than the dedicated halo fans

Says who…? I have yet to seen any proof of that. People are judging them before they even know what they are judging. Best example, the “perks.” For starters, 343 never used that term, it was given to what they were referring too. People are too obsessed with burning 343 on the stake before even seeing what they can do. The only game they have put out so far was Halo CEA which was a great way to start in my opinion. They were showing us what they were cab able of graphically. They have yet to denounce themselves as a company whose goal it is to please the COD, BF, and GEARS players. Prove me wrong.

> > > “I’d rather make a smaller dedicated fan base ecstatic than worry too much about the larger audience.”
> >
> > -Wasteland 2 developer
> >
> > Source:http://www.gamebanshee.com/interviews/107335-wasteland-2-interview.html
> >
> > 343 you know the fan base that has been here since the beginning, and you know what they like. Please, try not to run Halo into the ground by appealing to “everyone”
>
> but 343 wants to appeal to the “BF, COD, GEARS” masses rather than the dedicated halo fans

Deduces this from one trailer and some interviews. I hate the halo community, oh so much.

> > > “I’d rather make a smaller dedicated fan base ecstatic than worry too much about the larger audience.”
> >
> > -Wasteland 2 developer
> >
> > Source:http://www.gamebanshee.com/interviews/107335-wasteland-2-interview.html
> >
> > 343 you know the fan base that has been here since the beginning, and you know what they like. Please, try not to run Halo into the ground by appealing to “everyone”
>
> but 343 wants to appeal to the “BF, COD, GEARS” masses rather than the dedicated halo fans

But there needs to be inovation with halo because one reason i dislike cod(casual player game)is because its rehash after rehash i like things increased in games for me to buy a game not to take a weapon away then bring it back for the next game for game buyers to pay full wack for something they’ve already paid for.

> > “I’d rather make a smaller dedicated fan base ecstatic than worry too much about the larger audience.”
>
> -Wasteland 2 developer
>
> Source:http://www.gamebanshee.com/interviews/107335-wasteland-2-interview.html
>
> 343 you know the fan base that has been here since the beginning, and you know what they like. Please, try not to run Halo into the ground by appealing to “everyone”

Welcome to 2001, where nobody know what your “Halo” game is all about and you’re trying to make a small profit out of it.

And then, suddenly, COD4 happens.

> > > > “I’d rather make a smaller dedicated fan base ecstatic than worry too much about the larger audience.”
> > >
> > > -Wasteland 2 developer
> > >
> > > Source:http://www.gamebanshee.com/interviews/107335-wasteland-2-interview.html
> > >
> > > 343 you know the fan base that has been here since the beginning, and you know what they like. Please, try not to run Halo into the ground by appealing to “everyone”
> >
> > but 343 wants to appeal to the “BF, COD, GEARS” masses rather than the dedicated halo fans
>
> But there needs to be inovation with halo because one reason i dislike cod(casual player game)is because its rehash after rehash i like things increased in games for me to buy a game not to take a weapon away then bring it back for the next game for game buyers to pay full wack for something they’ve already paid for.

Halo is about Balance, not Custom Loadouts or armor that gives the day 30 player an advantage over the Day 1 player.

its fine for cod to have that because it is totally about unbalanced gameplay but HALO has always been about balanced fair gameplay, map control and power weapon control.

> That guy is a very smart man

That man is not thinking logically and if he wants to say stuff like that (Wasteland 2 Developer) then I will laugh when he is no longer a gaming programmer because he decided to exclude a segment of his own community…

> > That guy is a very smart man
>
> That man is not thinking logically and if he wants to say stuff like that (Wasteland 2 Developer) then I will laugh when he is no longer a gaming programmer because he decided to exclude a segment of his own community…

the part he is excluding is why the gaming community as a whole is dying. they want the same simple gameplay and nothing else.

> That guy is a very smart man

No he’s not smart at all, Microsoft are just dumb.

Have faith you guys.
Appreciate the hard work and dedication 343i are putting into this game.
It’s still too early to judge either way, So let’s all sit tight for now…

PeacE
ShadEO9

I havent thrown 343 under the bus i actually think they will put out a game that is 10 times better then reach. I have faith that the campaign will absolutely kick -Yoink- but i dont have my hopes up for multiplayer.

And to the person saying that each game should be innovative i agree to an extent…the campaign should always be new and fresh but multiplayer is just an add on that you are given (halo CE almost didnt have one) and they should just stick with what works best and stay focused on upgrading graphics and putting out fresh maps with good design

> > That guy is a very smart man
>
> No he’s not smart at all, Microsoft are just dumb.

True…but if the guys not dumb then what is he? So my statement = still true lol

> 343 you know the fan base that has been here since the beginning, and you know what they like. Please, try not to run Halo into the ground by appealing to “everyone”

I’ve been a fan from the beginning and do not agree with the changes that other “fans” want of Halo.

> Have faith you guys.
> Appreciate the hard work and dedication 343i are putting into this game.
> It’s still too early to judge either way, So let’s all sit tight for now…
>
>
>
> PeacE
> ShadEO9

If you aren’t judging what you see early, its too late to judge it because the game is done.

I’d rather jump to conclusions while there is still a chance they can make a meaningful change, than to wait and see and have no potential impact at all.

> Have faith you guys.
> Appreciate the hard work and dedication 343i are putting into this game.
> It’s still too early to judge either way, So let’s all sit tight for now…
>
>
>
> PeacE
> ShadEO9

Ya know what? -Yoink- you and your happy horse -Yoink- like minded forum goers for waiting. I want Halo 4 NOW!

I think the OP will agree with the above statement. lol… ok, so I apologize about that, but i couldn’t resist… I agree Shade, the game only has a handful of things that has been revealed of potentially 100 different things, the community should be content to wait it out and see what happens…

> > Have faith you guys.
> > Appreciate the hard work and dedication 343i are putting into this game.
> > It’s still too early to judge either way, So let’s all sit tight for now…
> >
> >
> >
> > PeacE
> > ShadEO9
>
> If you aren’t judging what you see early, its too late to judge it because the game is done.
>
> I’d rather jump to conclusions while there is still a chance they can make a meaningful change, than to wait and see and have no potential impact at all.

I can see where you’re coming from, And i do agree, But some peoples posts are just blind panic.
My point being try and view things level headed rather than guessing for the worst.

PeacE
ShadEO9

> Ya know what? -Yoink!- you and your happy horse Yoink! like minded forum goers for waiting. I want Halo 4 NOW!
>
> I think the OP will agree with the above statement. lol… ok, so I apologize about that, but i couldn’t resist… I agree Shade, the game only has a handful of things that has been revealed of potentially 100 different things, the community should be content to wait it out and see what happens…

WOWZERS! lol
I didn’t expect that post! haha…

Just remember good things come to those who wait.

PeacE
ShadEO9