a quick question.

alright, i have played halo since CE. halo 2 was my favorite game through out all of them and i would still play it everyday if they didnt take online from it. halo 3 is my 2nd favorite. anyways… i quit halo for awhile after reach came out and completely dissapointing me. i could not believe the creaters of my favorite game of all time, and probably will be my whole life, made such trash like reach. i do not understand why people like reach it confuses me. why would someone like bloom or AA’s… and why do people hate the BR and also are thankful it wasnt in reach. that is my favorite weapon. keep in mind im not up to date on new halo info, so my question is when does bungie hand off the title to 343. i for one am happy they are letting 343 have halo. i have hopes for 343 Industries because they cant screw halo anymore than bungie did. so when is this happening or did it already happen?

343i takes control after Bungie Day. They are also releasing a title update that will hopefully address bloom and melee.

> 343i takes control after Bungie Day. They are also releasing a title update that will hopefully address bloom and melee.

ahh when you say address bloom, do you mean take out or tweak… i think i would get into reach if it got taken out but if it doesnt o well… i just hope halo 4 is like 2/3

> > 343i takes control after Bungie Day. They are also releasing a title update that will hopefully address bloom and melee.
>
> ahh when you say address bloom, do you mean take out or tweak… i think i would get into reach if it got taken out but if it doesnt o well… i just hope halo 4 is like 2/3

I personally don’t know yet. I just heard frankie say a while back that they would be looking into bloom, melee, and some other thing when they take control.

> > > 343i takes control after Bungie Day. They are also releasing a title update that will hopefully address bloom and melee.
> >
> > ahh when you say address bloom, do you mean take out or tweak… i think i would get into reach if it got taken out but if it doesnt o well… i just hope halo 4 is like 2/3
>
> I personally don’t know yet. I just heard frankie say a while back that they would be looking into bloom, melee, and some other thing when they take control.

ahh, ok… thanks for clearing things up.

I know how you feel about Halo: Reach, don’t get me wrong, but I do think it’s a brilliant game, but I just don’t think it had the same atmosphere as all of the other Halo games, I was also disappointed by the amount of power weapons in the game, the Covenant have the Fuel Rod Gun, Concussion Rifle, Plasma Launcher, Gravity Hammer, Sword… it’s just too many! I could understand it if they REPLACED the Fuel Rod Gun with the Concussion Rifle and the Sword with the Hammer, but they just have far too many weapons in the game that hardly require skill to kill.

The reticule bloom also annoys me a lot, particularly when I down someone’s shields and they down mine at the same time, I shoot at their head at least five times and I somehow manage to miss every shot, but they kill me with one shot, it’s just VERY annoying…

I am, however, hoping that when Halo 4 is released (which I believe is set around 2556, 3 years after Halo 3) those Covenant weapons have been retired and the Battle Rifle is back.

Another thing I have a bone to pick with, is the Betrayal/Boot system… I’ll set the scene here. I get betrayed by some pathetic whelp at the start of the game just because I picked up the Sniper Rifle first, he picks up the Sniper and runs along his own business. I get betrayed AGAIN later in the game by the SAME person because I picked up the Sniper Rifle after his ran out, and I STILL don’t get the option to boot him. Eventually I give up, so I just got in the Wraith and as soon as I do this, the idiot I met earlier jumps up on top of the vehicle, and as I’m about to blast the enemy Banshee to smitherines, he moves in front of the mortar and I kill him… ASWELL as myself (This counted as a suicide…) and thus, I get a betrayal. And we all know what happened next… I was the one who got booted. Now I’m sorry, but he should been booted LONG ago…

> I know how you feel about Halo: Reach, don’t get me wrong, but I do think it’s a brilliant game, but I just don’t think it had the same atmosphere as all of the other Halo games, I was also disappointed by the amount of power weapons in the game, the Covenant have the Fuel Rod Gun, Concussion Rifle, Plasma Launcher, Gravity Hammer, Sword… it’s just too many! I could understand it if they REPLACED the Fuel Rod Gun with the Concussion Rifle and the Sword with the Hammer, but they just have far too many weapons in the game that hardly require skill to kill.
>
> The reticule bloom also annoys me a lot, particularly when I down someone’s shields and they down mine at the same time, I shoot at their head at least five times and I somehow manage to miss every shot, but they kill me with one shot, it’s just VERY annoying…
>
> I am, however, hoping that when Halo 4 is released (which I believe is set around 2556, 3 years after Halo 3) those Covenant weapons have been retired and the Battle Rifle is back.
>
> Another thing I have a bone to pick with, is the Betrayal/Boot system… I’ll set the scene here. I get betrayed by some pathetic whelp at the start of the game just because I picked up the Sniper Rifle first, he picks up the Sniper and runs along his own business. I get betrayed AGAIN later in the game by the SAME person because I picked up the Sniper Rifle after his ran out, and I STILL don’t get the option to boot him. Eventually I give up, so I just got in the Wraith and as soon as I do this, the idiot I met earlier jumps up on top of the vehicle, and as I’m about to blast the enemy Banshee to smitherines, he moves in front of the mortar and I kill him… ASWELL as myself (This counted as a suicide…) and thus, I get a betrayal. And we all know what happened next… I was the one who got booted. Now I’m sorry, but he should been booted LONG ago…

yup dude i agree with everything. i would be completly happy if h4 had h2 weapons… i dont like all the new crap like plasma cannon. anyways a matter of my opinion i think reach is sraight garbage and most of the people that love it never played the old games. hopefully everything will go our way … all i want is no AA’s no bloom… i could tolerate equipment… and the BR would have to be back… if those requests get fullfilled i will be the happiest guy ever.

@kkohler22

Thanks for your reply. Too right, we classic Halo gamers should always be the main priority, I think they were trying to make Halo: Reach like the Call Of Duty series, the music sounds similar, the reticule bloom etc. It also doesn’t help by the fact that Microsoft told Bungie to bring Halo: Reach forward to September 2010 as it was supposed to be released this year, and so Bungie had to quickly come up with these small ideas like Armour Abilities etc, when Bungie had planned on doing something else. But oh no, Microsoft forced Bungie into releasing a half-finished game because Microsoft NEED their money because they’re tighter than a camal’s -Yoink- in a sandstorm…

In fact, Microsoft now own 343i as they did with Bungie, so who knows, it could have been Microsoft who TOLD 343i to make Halo 4,5 and 6. But hopefully, 343i will -Yoink- slap Microsoft in the face and be able to pull it off, I have faith in 343i :slight_smile:

My only problem with the battle rifle it the 3-round burst, head sweeping is its worst feature

> @kkohler22
>
> Thanks for your reply. Too right, we classic Halo gamers should always be the main priority, I think they were trying to make Halo: Reach like the Call Of Duty series, the music sounds similar, the reticule bloom etc. It also doesn’t help by the fact that Microsoft told Bungie to bring Halo: Reach forward to September 2010 as it was supposed to be released this year, and so Bungie had to quickly come up with these small ideas like Armour Abilities etc, when Bungie had planned on doing something else. But oh no, Microsoft forced Bungie into releasing a half-finished game because Microsoft NEED their money because they’re tighter than a camal’s Yoink! in a sandstorm…
>
> In fact, Microsoft now own 343i as they did with Bungie, so who knows, it could have been Microsoft who TOLD 343i to make Halo 4,5 and 6. But hopefully, 343i will -Yoink- slap Microsoft in the face and be able to pull it off, I have faith in 343i :slight_smile:

haha yess… your right… and i have faith in 343, cant get any worse than reach lol

I totally understand what your saying and I hate Reach just as much or even more than you :slight_smile: and I hope that the title update will make Reach more fun ad hopefully they take out bloom and AAs. and I have high hopes for 343 to make H4 just like H2/3 which is exactly what we need