A question to people who played the flight

Can we turn off the personal AI? I really find them annoying and could do with the option to just mute the voice! Jeff is the only man for me…

> Lastly, players expressed an interest in controlling how often their Personal AI spoke and what kind of information they spoke about. This isn’t something we’d be able to do for launch, but we’d like to give more control to players over the frequency of flavor lines as well as increase/decrease informational lines, such as weapon pickup lines. This has a lot of benefit for players wanting more to help make the game more accessible to them or even to just turn different types of feedback off all up.

Won’t be ready for launch unfortunately, but they are working on it.

> 2533274801036271;2:
> > Lastly, players expressed an interest in controlling how often their Personal AI spoke and what kind of information they spoke about. This isn’t something we’d be able to do for launch, but we’d like to give more control to players over the frequency of flavor lines as well as increase/decrease informational lines, such as weapon pickup lines. This has a lot of benefit for players wanting more to help make the game more accessible to them or even to just turn different types of feedback off all up.
>
> Won’t be ready for launch unfortunately, but they are working on it.

That is a shame but thanks for the info dude

Uh No.

Unfortunately, you can’t toggle your AI in the flight. I do believe it will be available at launch however.

> 2533274801036271;2:
> > Lastly, players expressed an interest in controlling how often their Personal AI spoke and what kind of information they spoke about. This isn’t something we’d be able to do for launch, but we’d like to give more control to players over the frequency of flavor lines as well as increase/decrease informational lines, such as weapon pickup lines. This has a lot of benefit for players wanting more to help make the game more accessible to them or even to just turn different types of feedback off all up.
>
> Won’t be ready for launch unfortunately, but they are working on it.

Sweet jesus. The amount of stuff not ready for launch is an embarrassment. Firfight, coop, elites, assassinations and god knows what else. But the store is ready to go.

> 2535419655762957;6:
> > 2533274801036271;2:
> > > Lastly, players expressed an interest in controlling how often their Personal AI spoke and what kind of information they spoke about. This isn’t something we’d be able to do for launch, but we’d like to give more control to players over the frequency of flavor lines as well as increase/decrease informational lines, such as weapon pickup lines. This has a lot of benefit for players wanting more to help make the game more accessible to them or even to just turn different types of feedback off all up.
> >
> > Won’t be ready for launch unfortunately, but they are working on it.
>
> Sweet jesus. The amount of stuff not ready for launch is an embarrassment. Firfight, coop, elites, assassinations and god knows what else. But the store is ready to go.

I mean, this wasn’t something they had anticipated having to include an option for. They got feedback that people want it turned off, so they will work it. They’re already under crunch, so makes perfect sense that this is something that wouldn’t be a priority. /shrug
I do understand some of the concerns about other things that aren’t ready for launch though, especially split-screen coop.

I don’t think so. But I agree, I don’t like it. I don’t like big flashing “HERE IS THE WEAPON COME GET IT” indicators either, which was one thing about 5 that made me not want to play it.

I like to learn the maps and time the weapon spawns myself, I don’t need the crutch, and all it does is help super casual people who didn’t earn anything succeed more often.

I’m thinking they’ll have a real version of the game after several months, maybe a year at most, but by then who will even care enough to play it.

It’s sad too, the game has potential. But so much is making it seem less and less fun

Guess not.

Pick an AI you like!

BUTLR is my personal favorite.

> 2535419655762957;6:
> > 2533274801036271;2:
> > > Lastly, players expressed an interest in controlling how often their Personal AI spoke and what kind of information they spoke about. This isn’t something we’d be able to do for launch, but we’d like to give more control to players over the frequency of flavor lines as well as increase/decrease informational lines, such as weapon pickup lines. This has a lot of benefit for players wanting more to help make the game more accessible to them or even to just turn different types of feedback off all up.
> >
>
> Sweet jesus. The amount of stuff not ready for launch is an embarrassment. Firfight, coop, elites, assassinations and god knows what else. But the store is ready to go.

Not all of that stuff is “not ready”. A lot of it just wasnt planned to be in the game. Firefight, elites and assassinations aren’t delayed, that were never going to be on the game to begin with. Firefight hasn’t been in a halo game since reach, elites have been purposely left out because of hitbox differences and so they could focus on spartan customization, and assassinations we’re purposely left out because the devs found that most players just turned them off, so they didn’t want to bother developing them unless they could bring them back in a more impactful way.

Out of that list, only Coop is a planned feature that won’t be ready for launch (which still sucks).

> 2533274953442704;7:
> > 2535419655762957;6:
> > > 2533274801036271;2:
> > > > Lastly, players expressed an interest in controlling how often their Personal AI spoke and what kind of information they spoke about. This isn’t something we’d be able to do for launch, but we’d like to give more control to players over the frequency of flavor lines as well as increase/decrease informational lines, such as weapon pickup lines. This has a lot of benefit for players wanting more to help make the game more accessible to them or even to just turn different types of feedback off all up.
> > >
> > > Won’t be ready for launch unfortunately, but they are working on it.
> >
> > Sweet jesus. The amount of stuff not ready for launch is an embarrassment. Firfight, coop, elites, assassinations and god knows what else. But the store is ready to go.
>
> I mean, this wasn’t something they had anticipated having to include an option for. They got feedback that people want it turned off, so they will work it. They’re already under crunch, so makes perfect sense that this is something that wouldn’t be a priority. /shrug
> I do understand some of the concerns about other things that aren’t ready for launch though, especially split-screen coop.

How hard is it to make an option that mutes audio dude. :roll_eyes:

> 2533274805075298;9:
> Guess not.
>
> Pick an AI you like!
>
> BUTLR is my personal favorite.

See problem is I don’t like any of them haha

> 2535454544445322;11:
> > 2533274953442704;7:
> > > 2535419655762957;6:
> > > > 2533274801036271;2:
> > > > > Lastly, players expressed an interest in controlling how often their Personal AI spoke and what kind of information they spoke about. This isn’t something we’d be able to do for launch, but we’d like to give more control to players over the frequency of flavor lines as well as increase/decrease informational lines, such as weapon pickup lines. This has a lot of benefit for players wanting more to help make the game more accessible to them or even to just turn different types of feedback off all up.
> > > >
> > > > Won’t be ready for launch unfortunately, but they are working on it.
> > >
> > > Sweet jesus. The amount of stuff not ready for launch is an embarrassment. Firfight, coop, elites, assassinations and god knows what else. But the store is ready to go.
> >
> > I mean, this wasn’t something they had anticipated having to include an option for. They got feedback that people want it turned off, so they will work it. They’re already under crunch, so makes perfect sense that this is something that wouldn’t be a priority. /shrug
> > I do understand some of the concerns about other things that aren’t ready for launch though, especially split-screen coop.
>
> How hard is it to make an option that mutes audio dude. :roll_eyes:

I think you’re underestimating how bad things are behind the scenes. 343 has had so many people leave or change roles that I’m not surprised they’re cutting corners.

> 2535419655762957;6:
> > 2533274801036271;2:
> >
>

Firefight isn’t even planned so even if they have more time wont be there at launch, the same with elites, the same with assassinations, and the only 2 you didnt even mentioned are Coop campaign and forge (wich i agree its a big mistake), stop with the useless alarmism.

> 2533275012076335;12:
> > 2533274805075298;9:
> > Guess not.
> >
> > Pick an AI you like!
> >
> > BUTLR is my personal favorite.
>
> See problem is I don’t like any of them haha

There will be more. One in particular I predict will be a fan favorite.

> 2535419655762957;6:
> > 2533274801036271;2:
> >
>

I am NOT defending 343i because I’m sick of anti-consumer practices in the gaming industry, but firefight was never mentioned as far as I know, playable elites are a minor thing that haven’t been in Halo for over a decade, and assassinations are also a pretty inconsequential omission. Co-op and forge are bigger complaints to be certain. Out of everything, co-op being left out is the biggest sin in my opinion.

> 2535464049985929;14:
> > 2535419655762957;6:
> > > 2533274801036271;2:
> > > > Lastly, players expressed an interest in controlling how often their Personal AI spoke and what kind of information they spoke about. This isn’t something we’d be able to do for launch, but we’d like to give more control to players over the frequency of flavor lines as well as increase/decrease informational lines, such as weapon pickup lines. This has a lot of benefit for players wanting more to help make the game more accessible to them or even to just turn different types of feedback off all up.
> > >
> > > Won’t be ready for launch unfortunately, but they are working on it.
> >
> > Sweet jesus. The amount of stuff not ready for launch is an embarrassment. Firfight, coop, elites, assassinations and god knows what else. But the store is ready to go.
>
> Firefight isn’t even planned so even if they have more time wont be there at launch, the same with elites, the same with assassinations, and the only 2 you didnt even mentioned are Coop campaign and forge (wich i agree its a big mistake), stop with the useless alarmism.

I’ll stop with the useless alarnism when 343 stops cutting stuff off to add to new seasons to spice them up. With the exception of Halo 5, all the other halo’s launched as a complete game. Halo Infinite is going the route of carrot and sticking us with removed mode being added to later seasons. I see now why they said they expected Halo Infinite to last ten years; that’s how long it’ll take them to actually finish the damn thing.

> 2535419655762957;17:
> > 2535464049985929;14:
> > > 2535419655762957;6:
> > > > 2533274801036271;2:
> > > > > Lastly, players expressed an interest in controlling how often their Personal AI spoke and what kind of information they spoke about. This isn’t something we’d be able to do for launch, but we’d like to give more control to players over the frequency of flavor lines as well as increase/decrease informational lines, such as weapon pickup lines. This has a lot of benefit for players wanting more to help make the game more accessible to them or even to just turn different types of feedback off all up.
> > > >
> > > > Won’t be ready for launch unfortunately, but they are working on it.
> > >
> > > Sweet jesus. The amount of stuff not ready for launch is an embarrassment. Firfight, coop, elites, assassinations and god knows what else. But the store is ready to go.
> >
> > Firefight isn’t even planned so even if they have more time wont be there at launch, the same with elites, the same with assassinations, and the only 2 you didnt even mentioned are Coop campaign and forge (wich i agree its a big mistake), stop with the useless alarmism.
>
> I’ll stop with the useless alarnism when 343 stops cutting stuff off to add to new seasons to spice them up. With the exception of Halo 5, all the other halo’s launched as a complete game. Halo Infinite is going the route of carrot and sticking us with removed mode being added to later seasons. I see now why they said they expected Halo Infinite to last ten years; that’s how long it’ll take them to actually finish the damn thing.

the game will be launch as a not complete game? Totally agreed but just for the coop campaign and forge, and make me happy people it’s claiming for that, but 6 months after launch the game already will have those things, my problem with your comment it’s than everyting you mentioned as “not ready for launch” are things than are not planned for the game and for that doesnt make it an incomplete game (at least doesnt make it more incomplete of what forge and coop make it by themselves) so what i say its, lets wait the launch of the game, and if the content it’s insuficcient then let’s burn 343, but until that moment comes, don’t say it will be an ultra incomplete game than will be totally completed on 10 years. By the way excuse me if my writting was poor, i speak spanish jeje