A question for those who truly dont like H4

Ok, we all agree that H4 has flaws that can be fixed. Some are more important than others. But from what I’ve seen, a good number of people have basically given up on H4 and even 343i themselves.

To those who are genuinely dissatisfied with H4, and truly dont enjoy playing it, I ask you this:

Why dont you move on already?

Now hold on! Before you start flaming me, let me explain myself here.

If you dont like the game, dont wish to wait for potential updates/fixes, and want to go back to the “real” Halo, here’s what you should do.

-Return your copy of H4. Get your money back, or at least some store credit.
-Find your old copy of Halo 3, or buy a new one if you have to.
-Play Halo 3 from now on.
-Leave the waypoint forum (optional).

There. It’s really that simple. If you dont like H4, stop playing it. Get rd of it. Go back to Halo 3 and have fun again. People here talk like H3 was “the perfect halo game” anyway, so why not go back and enjoy it instead of spreading hate on a message board? Seems like it’d be a better use of your time.

I say all this not because I want to just say “GET OUT HATERS,” but because I cannot fathom why people, who clearly hate the game and its developer with a bloody passion, would continue to play the game, or even keep in touch with the community.

Some people here have such hate in their words, it’s as if the members of 343i personally stomped on their nuts, took their wallets and spit on them.

tl;dr - If you dont like H4, stop playing it and go do something you do enjoy.

EDIT: Also, just to remind everyone, I’m not asking what you think is right/wrong with the game, I’m asking why people who are truly fed up with H4 have no already moved on.

mhm

Edited by Moderator - Please do not flame/attack others.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

how do i put it nicely.

why should i not criticize a company for ruining what was possibly one of the top 10 video game series ever created?

here is a breif summary of everything that is wrong with halo 4.

halo 1-reach, mp was designed around three things, map control, weapon control, and teamwork.

halo 4 is designed around one thing…money money money money.

for -Yoink- sakes, they had a blueprint to -Yoinking!- go off of, they had the bones of the series laid out on a unobtainable platter by bungie, they had experienced staff, and yet, they still managed to remove damn near everything that made halo, halo.

my hope is, 343 get their head out of their rears, listen to the actual fans (and not the idiots who think 343 can do no wrong) and convert halo back to what it once was) hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is not 1994, games can be updated via the internet, and halo 4 may still be redeemed, if we are vocal enough, ignoring the problem and walking away does not solve the problem.

halo 4 was a straight up kick to the balls for every halo mp fan.

that said, 343 did a good job on campaign, albeit we are starting to get into the realm of what and away from the realm of cool space marines.

i tried that there are only 99 people playing halo 3…

> how do i put it nicely.
>
>
> why should i not criticize a company for ruining what was possibly one of the top 10 video game series ever created?
>
> here is a breif summary of everything that is wrong with halo 4.
>
> halo 1-reach, mp was designed around three things, map control, weapon control, and teamwork.
>
> halo 4 is designed around one thing…money money money money.
>
> for -Yoink!- sakes, they had a blueprint to -Yoinking!- go off of, they had the bones of the series laid out on a unobtainable platter by bungie, they had experienced staff, and yet, they still managed to remove damn near everything that made halo, halo.
>
>
> my hope is, 343 get their head out of their rears, listen to the actual fans (and not the idiots who think 343 can do no wrong) and convert halo back to what it once was) hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is not 1994, games can be updated via the internet, and halo 4 may still be redeemed, if we are vocal enough, ignoring the problem and walking away does not solve the problem.
>
> halo 4 was a straight up kick to the balls for every halo mp fan.
>
> that said, 343 did a good job on campaign, albeit we are starting to get into the realm of what and away from the realm of cool space marines.

So in a nutshell you dont like halo 4 because camping is less efficient?

>
>
> why should i not criticize a company for ruining what was possibly one of the top 10 video game series ever created?
>
>
> halo 1-reach, mp was designed around three things, map control, weapon control, and teamwork.
>
>
> for -Yoink!- sakes, they had a blueprint to -Yoinking!- go off of, they had the bones of the series laid out on a unobtainable platter by bungie, they had experienced staff, and yet, they still managed to remove damn near everything that made halo, halo.
>
>
> my hope is, 343 get their head out of their rears, listen to the actual fans (and not the idiots who think 343 can do no wrong) and convert halo back to what it once was) hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is not 1994, games can be updated via the internet, and halo 4 may still be redeemed, if we are vocal enough, ignoring the problem and walking away does not solve the problem.
>
>
> that said, 343 did a good job on campaign, albeit we are starting to get into the realm of what and away from the realm of cool space marines.

This exactly.

> Ok, we all agree that H4 has flaws that can be fixed. Some are more important than others. But from what I’ve seen, a good number of people have basically given up on H4 and even 343i themselves.
>
> To those who are genuinely dissatisfied with H4, and truly dont enjoy playing it, I ask you this:
>
> Why dont you move on already?
>
> Now hold on! Before you start flaming me, let me explain myself here.
>
> If you dont like the game, dont wish to wait for potential updates/fixes, and want to go back to the “real” Halo, here’s what you should do.
>
> -Return your copy of H4. Get your money back, or at least some store credit.
> -Find your old copy of Halo 3, or buy a new one if you have to.
> -Play Halo 3 from now on.
> -Leave the waypoint forum (optional).
>
> There. It’s really that simple. If you dont like H4, stop playing it. Get rd of it. Go back to Halo 3 and have fun again. People here talk like H3 was “the perfect halo game” anyway, so why not go back and enjoy it instead of spreading hate on a message board? Seems like it’d be a better use of your time.
>
> I say all this not because I want to just say “GET OUT HATERS,” but because I cannot fathom why people, who clearly hate the game and its developer with a bloody passion, would continue to play the game, or even keep in touch with the community.
>
> Some people here have such hate in their words, it’s as if the members of 343i personally stomped on their nuts, took their wallets and spit on them.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> tl;dr - If you dont like H4, stop playing it and go do something you do enjoy.

Well said. The halo 3 servers are still functional. If they want things to be like halo 3, well damn theres nothing stopping them from playing halo 3. Theres still people playing it. Just don’t understand why people don’t get that.

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Are we allowed to criticize people on here? Because I’m pretty tempted to do so right now.

> Well said. The halo 3 servers are still functional. If they want things to be like halo 3, well damn theres nothing stopping them from playing halo 3. Theres still people playing it. Just don’t understand why people don’t get that.

Halo 3’s population: 99

We are trying to help 343 understand that their population will be Halo 3’s if they don’t make some changes.

@ Zikoru: Changes are going to happen, but other changes people keep begging for never will.

I don’t move on because this game is a great game at it’s core, we just had a half -Yoink!- company make AAA+ game for the first time, many of them probably game from various other developers including CoD.

This game just needs some tweaks, that’s it. It’ certainly not like the past Halo games but it’s not bad that it’s like that, but as I said, it needs tweaks and balances.

And part of that problem we don’t have anyone from 343i saying anything. They are obviously listening to us after the list of updates we got today.

But the thing is they don’t mention anything that a lot of people are irritated about like the Forge mistakes including the lack of customizable options in forge, complete removal of game types.

Even MLG is having lots of issues for making their game types.

The reason why a lot of us are irritated and some of us are mad is because of these various issues.

> @ Zikoru: Changes are going to happen, but others people are begging for never will.

You don’t make any sense.

> > @ Zikoru: Changes are going to happen, but others people are begging for never will.
>
> You don’t make any sense.

The post was already edited.

>

thats what people said about halo reach

Criticism is one thing. But when people say its beyond repair, they should just play another game, because this is all about video games and having fun. and hopefully one of them will give me their specialization codes before they leave :slight_smile:

> They are obviously listening to us after the list of updates we got today.

Today’s update didn’t prove they’re listening to us AT ALL.

It just proves they are only fixing what they want to fix.
This last bulletin was a complete insult to all of us.

They might as well have said:

“Hey, we know there are a lot more important issues with the game but we’re going to choose to ignore them but hey while I have your attention you should definitely buy the new maps we’re releasing. Oh and did you see the guy getting a pedicure? but yea guys definitely give us more money and buy the maps.”

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

D’fuc are you guys talking about??

Halo REACH was a frustrating/terrible experience.
Bloom, low/awkward jump height and Armour Lock. Good riddance.

I’m not saying everything about H4 is great, but it’s way better than the last Halo…at least I enjoy the MP on this one.

“True Halo Fans” ??

Get your heads out of your -Yoinks!-.

> @ Zikoru: Changes are going to happen, but other changes people keep begging for never will.

Like what?

If you’re 100% certain changes will happen then might as well tell us what changes.

> > @ Zikoru: Changes are going to happen, but others people are begging for never will.
>
> You don’t make any sense.

Trust me bro,the game is not about to die.People will play another game eventually nothing is infinite(exept chuck norris)just be patient a bit.

Halo Waypoint > Halo 4 > Create Topic > Thread Title: A QUESTION FOR THOSE WHO TRULY DONT LIKE H4 > Enter text > Post.

Yep, this guy is nagging attention really badly, please post below and give him his needs. Make sure you don’t express your honest opinions or he might flag you for trolling said thread.

Bite the bait,
everyone,
rage.

> > how do i put it nicely.
> >
> >
> > why should i not criticize a company for ruining what was possibly one of the top 10 video game series ever created?
> >
> > here is a breif summary of everything that is wrong with halo 4.
> >
> > halo 1-reach, mp was designed around three things, map control, weapon control, and teamwork.
> >
> > halo 4 is designed around one thing…money money money money.
> >
> > for -Yoink!- sakes, they had a blueprint to -Yoinking!- go off of, they had the bones of the series laid out on a unobtainable platter by bungie, they had experienced staff, and yet, they still managed to remove damn near everything that made halo, halo.
> >
> >
> > my hope is, 343 get their head out of their rears, listen to the actual fans (and not the idiots who think 343 can do no wrong) and convert halo back to what it once was) hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is not 1994, games can be updated via the internet, and halo 4 may still be redeemed, if we are vocal enough, ignoring the problem and walking away does not solve the problem.
> >
> > halo 4 was a straight up kick to the balls for every halo mp fan.
> >
> > that said, 343 did a good job on campaign, albeit we are starting to get into the realm of what and away from the realm of cool space marines.
>
> So in a nutshell you dont like halo 4 because camping is less efficient?

You realize camping is more efficient in Halo 4 then it was in any other Halo game? Right? with the addition of almost perfect camo, the mini sniper DMR and PV, not to mention the over abundance of huge maps camping is the best possible way to dominate.