A question about the mjolnir project

So, did the armour always have thruster packs?

Why did it take 117 a few games to remember that his armour has this ability?

May contain spoilers below

I was watching the Halo: the fall of reach and the scene where blue team is floating through space towards a covenant cruiser, all the Spartans used their thruster packs.

Is John still wearing the same armour in halo CE as he did when he was first introduced into the mjolnir project?

Assuming the thrusters use fuel, wouldn’t the UNSC refuel the thrusters fuel tank?

Did chiefs halo 2 armour (it’s 3 in the morning I can’t remember all the mark types) have a thruster pack?

Edit: apologies, fellow waypointers, I am almost certain that this is in the wrong section but it’s early in the morning, and I was curious.

The short answer is artistic license.

A sort of answer is that some older models had thrusters for use in zero g or free fall scenarios. I.e, Mark IV and VI. GEN2 armors eventually got a revamp with extra thruster capabilities for use in combat.

I don’t think its been canonically explained either way though

> 2533274971565732;1:
> So, did the armour always have thruster packs?
>
> Why did it take 117 a few games to remember that his armour has this ability?
>
> May contain spoilers below
>
> I was watching the Halo: the fall of reach and the scene where blue team is floating through space towards a covenant cruiser, all the Spartans used their thruster packs.
>
> Is John still wearing the same armour in halo CE as he did when he was first introduced into the mjolnir project?
>
> Assuming the thrusters use fuel, wouldn’t the UNSC refuel the thrusters fuel tank?
>
> Did chiefs halo 2 armour (it’s 3 in the morning I can’t remember all the mark types) have a thruster pack?

1. The thrusters used prior to Halo 5 were for low- and zero-gravity environments only, if I remember correctly. They weren’t powerful enough to use in normal gravity environments.

2. The armor Chief was wearing during Halo CE was the Mark V. The first MJOLNIR armor he was equipped with was the Mark IV, I believe. He’s been wearing Mark VI since Halo 2.

3. I would imagine so. Everything requires fuel.

4. Good question. They never explained why Chief and Blue Team suddenly had normal-gravity thruster systems in their armor in Halo 5, but since it was never shown in any games prior to 5, the Halo 2-era armor suit likely didn’t have thrusters. It’s possible (and most likely) that thrusters were added to GEN1 armor suits to keep them up to par with GEN2 armor suits (GEN2 being the armor suits Spartan-IVs wear).

This is all off the top of my head, so forgive me for any inaccuracy.

> 2533274852681222;3:
> > 2533274971565732;1:
> > So, did the armour always have thruster packs?
> >
> > Why did it take 117 a few games to remember that his armour has this ability?
> >
> > May contain spoilers below
> >
> > I was watching the Halo: the fall of reach and the scene where blue team is floating through space towards a covenant cruiser, all the Spartans used their thruster packs.
> >
> > Is John still wearing the same armour in halo CE as he did when he was first introduced into the mjolnir project?
> >
> > Assuming the thrusters use fuel, wouldn’t the UNSC refuel the thrusters fuel tank?
> >
> > Did chiefs halo 2 armour (it’s 3 in the morning I can’t remember all the mark types) have a thruster pack?
>
>
> 1) The thrusters used prior to Halo 5 were for low- and zero-gravity environments only, if I remember correctly. They weren’t powerful enough to use in normal gravity environments.
>
> 2) The armor Chief was wearing during Halo CE was the Mark V. The first MJOLNIR armor he was equipped with was the Mark IV, I believe. He’s been wearing Mark VI since Halo 2.
>
> 3) I would imagine so. Everything requires fuel.
>
> 4) Good question. They never explained why Chief and Blue Team suddenly had normal-gravity thruster systems in their armor in Halo 5, but since it was never shown in any games prior to 5, the Halo 2-era armor suit likely didn’t have thrusters. It’s possible (and most likely) that thrusters were added to GEN1 armor suits to keep them up to par with GEN2 armor suits (GEN2 being the armor suits Spartan-IVs wear).
>
> This is all off the top of my head, so forgive me for any inaccuracy.

Seems pretty accurate, thanks

> 2533274971565732;1:
> 1. So, did the armour always have thruster packs?
>
> 2. Why did it take 117 a few games to remember that his armour has this ability?
>
> May contain spoilers below
>
> 3. I was watching the Halo: the fall of reach and the scene where blue team is floating through space towards a covenant cruiser, all the Spartans used their thruster packs.
>
> 4. Is John still wearing the same armour in halo CE as he did when he was first introduced into the mjolnir project?
>
> 5. Assuming the thrusters use fuel, wouldn’t the UNSC refuel the thrusters fuel tank?
>
> 6. Did chiefs halo 2 armour (it’s 3 in the morning I can’t remember all the mark types) have a thruster pack?
>
> Edit: apologies, fellow waypointers, I am almost certain that this is in the wrong section but it’s early in the morning, and I was curious.

1. The Mk 6 (halo 2/3/4 armour) and up had thrusters designed for low/zero gravity situations.
  2. His thrusters were not powerful enough to work in atmosphere, in Halo 4 the thruster pack ability allows the packs to work beyond their normal capacity for a short time. Between Halo 4 and Halo 5 Chief had his suit upgraded with better Thrusters.
  3. Those thrusters were attached to the armour for the mission. they were not an integrated part of the armour like the Mk 6s.
  4. Johns first armour was Mk4, His CE armour was Mk 5.
  5. Not sure how the thrusters work, could be fuel could be some sort of repulser or antigrave tech.
  6. Yes but once again it was designed for low gravity situations.