A question about the Flood gamemode.

Will it be possible to design a tradition infection game, where the infected are NOT flood, but simple Spartans? If we cannot, I could imagine many custom game-types could not be recreated. In Halo 3, almost every silly custom game-type was an infection based game-type.

All I am looking for is an answer. If this topic was already discussed and confirmed, please supply a link in the comment section.

I think what you’re really asking is can the Flood carry weapons? I highly believe so. The Claw is actually just an Energy Sword Skin with longer lunge range, and the Flood can be seen holding it (instead of it being fused into their body), so this makes me believe they can carry other weapons too. Also, customization has always been high in Halo (getting higher every game), what makes me think Flood couldn’t carry an Assault Rifle? Or at the least, a Gravity Hammer?

I believe that there still are Spartans with swords in Infection because the new Flood Mode is it’s own mode so Infection could still be with Spartans.

> Will it be possible to design a tradition infection game, where the infected are NOT flood, but simple Spartans? If we cannot, I could imagine many custom game-types could not be recreated. In Halo 3, almost every silly custom game-type was an infection based game-type.
>
> All I am looking for is an answer. If this topic was already discussed and confirmed, please supply a link in the comment section.

This is how I hope it works.

You know how when you’re changing the rules of the infection game type and you can edit an option called for “force colour” and there is a “zombie” option, well I think in H4 this will be changed to “flood” and it is up to the creator of the game type whether or not the infected are flood or not