A question about 343

Is there any ways to submit ideas to 343 for future dlc or do they just simply not care about our desires?

Reddit, or here are your best shots. Maybe twitter.

They simply just don’t care about our desires whatsoever, I’m afraid. That’s why they keep giving us all this crap no one asked for like Firefight, Infection, Reach armors, Halo 2 BR, CE Magnum, Mark IV for the first time ever … the list goes on. I wonder if there was like some sort of official Halo forum somewhere where fans could make threads about ideas they wanted and if they had enough support behind them, they would be considered.

> 2533274883669557;3:
> They simply just don’t care about our desires whatsoever, I’m afraid. That’s why they keep giving us all this crap no one asked for like Firefight, Infection, Reach armors, Halo 2 BR, CE Magnum, Mark IV for the first time ever … the list goes on. I wonder if there was like some sort of official Halo forum somewhere where fans could make threads about ideas they wanted and if they had enough support behind them, they would be considered.

I lol’ed reading this.

> 2533274883669557;3:
> They simply just don’t care about our desires whatsoever, I’m afraid. That’s why they keep giving us all this crap no one asked for like Firefight, Infection, Reach armors, Halo 2 BR, CE Magnum, Mark IV for the first time ever … the list goes on. I wonder if there was like some sort of official Halo forum somewhere where fans could make threads about ideas they wanted and if they had enough support behind them, they would be considered.

You scared me for a second bruv… lol

> 2533274883669557;3:
> They simply just don’t care about our desires whatsoever, I’m afraid. That’s why they keep giving us all this crap no one asked for like Firefight, Infection, Reach armors, Halo 2 BR, CE Magnum, Mark IV for the first time ever … the list goes on. I wonder if there was like some sort of official Halo forum somewhere where fans could make threads about ideas they wanted and if they had enough support behind them, they would be considered.

While I appreciate the Mk. IV armor…

343i ruined the Mk. V and thus need to be removed from developing Halo forever. If they are going to ruin the Mk. V, what’s stopping them from ruining the Mk. IV? We as a community can’t let that happen. /sarcasm, except for the Mk. V part.

> 2533274883669557;3:
> They simply just don’t care about our desires whatsoever, I’m afraid. That’s why they keep giving us all this crap no one asked for like Firefight, Infection, Reach armors, Halo 2 BR, CE Magnum, Mark IV for the first time ever … the list goes on. I wonder if there was like some sort of official Halo forum somewhere where fans could make threads about ideas they wanted and if they had enough support behind them, they would be considered.

Did you really just say nobody asked for Infection?

> 2533274883669557;3:
> They simply just don’t care about our desires whatsoever, I’m afraid. That’s why they keep giving us all this crap no one asked for like Firefight, Infection, Reach armors, Halo 2 BR, CE Magnum, Mark IV for the first time ever … the list goes on. I wonder if there was like some sort of official Halo forum somewhere where fans could make threads about ideas they wanted and if they had enough support behind them, they would be considered.

You know, it’s sad that the community even had to ask for this stuff. Hate to be that guy, but, a lot of the stuff they’ve added post launch should’ve been there at launch.

343 doesn’t get a pass just because they’re finally getting around to adding this stuff back in.

> 2533274915643658;6:
> > 2533274883669557;3:
> > They simply just don’t care about our desires whatsoever, I’m afraid. That’s why they keep giving us all this crap no one asked for like Firefight, Infection, Reach armors, Halo 2 BR, CE Magnum, Mark IV for the first time ever … the list goes on. I wonder if there was like some sort of official Halo forum somewhere where fans could make threads about ideas they wanted and if they had enough support behind them, they would be considered.
>
>
> While I appreciate the Mk. IV armor…
>
> 343i ruined the Mk. V and thus need to be removed from developing Halo forever. If they are going to ruin the Mk. V, what’s stopping them from ruining the Mk. IV? We as a community can’t let that happen. /sarcasm, except for the Mk. V part.

Well, they did also change the classic Mark VI. I mean, we have Gen 1 and Gen 2 Mark VI, why does the Gen 1 look nothing like Halo 2 or 3? At least their version looks cool, unlike the Mark V (a) helmet. But I’m over it.

no I’m not tears for years

[deleted]

> 2533274883669557;9:
> > 2533274915643658;6:
> > > 2533274883669557;3:
> > > They simply just don’t care about our desires whatsoever, I’m afraid. That’s why they keep giving us all this crap no one asked for like Firefight, Infection, Reach armors, Halo 2 BR, CE Magnum, Mark IV for the first time ever … the list goes on. I wonder if there was like some sort of official Halo forum somewhere where fans could make threads about ideas they wanted and if they had enough support behind them, they would be considered.
> >
> >
> > While I appreciate the Mk. IV armor…
> >
> > 343i ruined the Mk. V and thus need to be removed from developing Halo forever. If they are going to ruin the Mk. V, what’s stopping them from ruining the Mk. IV? We as a community can’t let that happen. /sarcasm, except for the Mk. V part.
>
>
> Well, they did also change the classic Mark VI. I mean, we have Gen 1 and Gen 2 Mark VI, why does the Gen 1 look nothing like Halo 2 or 3? At least their version looks cool, unlike the Mark V (a) helmet. But I’m over it.
> no I’m not tears for years

I dunno, the Mk. VI GEN 1 has a space diaper. Just look at that glorious diaper. So, as long as the better armor (for obvious reasons {it can be unlocked through gameplay of the MCC, unlike most of the other armors}) keeps its distinguishing characteristics, I’m fine.

> 2533274814289862;8:
> > 2533274883669557;3:
> > They simply just don’t care about our desires whatsoever, I’m afraid. That’s why they keep giving us all this crap no one asked for like Firefight, Infection, Reach armors, Halo 2 BR, CE Magnum, Mark IV for the first time ever … the list goes on. I wonder if there was like some sort of official Halo forum somewhere where fans could make threads about ideas they wanted and if they had enough support behind them, they would be considered.
>
>
> You know, it’s sad that the community even had to ask for this stuff. Hate to be that guy, but, a lot of the stuff they’ve added post launch should’ve been there at launch.
>
> 343 doesn’t get a pass just because they’re finally getting around to adding this stuff back in.

Well, yeah, Firefight and Infection, sure (plus Forge and BTB). But the H2 BR and CE Magnum and Mark IV are all total fan service.

Part of that makes me wonder if we keep expecting every feature from every game to appear in each installment plus new features if these games are just getting too big to develop properly. What I mean is, was it delayed to trickle-release it to keep people interested and coming back, or was it delayed because it wasn’t finished and they didn’t want to release a buggy mess like the MCC? Halo 5 is already bigger than the MCC (in terms of hard drive space) and after the next two updates it’ll be bigger than all the MCC + Reach + Halo Wars, i.e. every other Halo game combined (obviously that’s not indicative of content since it’s current-gen and a more complex engine, but still, damn that’s big)… so is it unrealistic to expect Halo 6 to have every feature from Halo 3, Reach, 4, and 5 plus new stuff all rolled into one and done & polished in just 3 years?

Or is it something else and they’re trying to just keep the population alive as long as possible? Because from what I understand, quarterly sales are what matter, not population longevity. So it would be in their best interest to pack the game as full as possible and sell sell sell from the get-go. Unless I’m wrong, of course. Maybe they learned from Halo 4 and the MCC that if they want a bright future, they need to plan for it.

I genuinely don’t know, I’m just speculating. Bungie barely got Halo 2 out in three years, but of course they had issues and a much smaller team, but looking at how much larger these games are and how much more we expect, is it realistic to keep expecting each installment to essentially be every previous game rolled into one?

> 2533274915643658;11:
> > 2533274883669557;9:
> > > 2533274915643658;6:
> > > > 2533274883669557;3:
> > > > They simply just don’t care about our desires whatsoever, I’m afraid. That’s why they keep giving us all this crap no one asked for like Firefight, Infection, Reach armors, Halo 2 BR, CE Magnum, Mark IV for the first time ever … the list goes on. I wonder if there was like some sort of official Halo forum somewhere where fans could make threads about ideas they wanted and if they had enough support behind them, they would be considered.
> > >
> > >
> > > While I appreciate the Mk. IV armor…
> > >
> > > 343i ruined the Mk. V and thus need to be removed from developing Halo forever. If they are going to ruin the Mk. V, what’s stopping them from ruining the Mk. IV? We as a community can’t let that happen. /sarcasm, except for the Mk. V part.
> >
> >
> > Well, they did also change the classic Mark VI. I mean, we have Gen 1 and Gen 2 Mark VI, why does the Gen 1 look nothing like Halo 2 or 3? At least their version looks cool, unlike the Mark V (a) helmet. But I’m over it.
> > no I’m not tears for years
>
>
> I dunno, the Mk. VI GEN 1 has a space diaper. Just look at that glorious diaper. So, as long as the better armor (for obvious reasons {it can be unlocked through gameplay of the MCC, unlike most of the other armors}) keeps its distinguishing characteristics, I’m fine.

But the shoulders are wrong :open_mouth:

lol.

I have it. I have all the MCC armors. Love me some space diapers. They’re useful. For two reasons.

> 2533274883669557;12:
> > 2533274814289862;8:
> > > 2533274883669557;3:
> > > They simply just don’t care about our desires whatsoever, I’m afraid. That’s why they keep giving us all this crap no one asked for like Firefight, Infection, Reach armors, Halo 2 BR, CE Magnum, Mark IV for the first time ever … the list goes on. I wonder if there was like some sort of official Halo forum somewhere where fans could make threads about ideas they wanted and if they had enough support behind them, they would be considered.
> >
> >
> > You know, it’s sad that the community even had to ask for this stuff. Hate to be that guy, but, a lot of the stuff they’ve added post launch should’ve been there at launch.
> >
> > 343 doesn’t get a pass just because they’re finally getting around to adding this stuff back in.
>
>
> Well, yeah, Firefight and Infection, sure (plus Forge and BTB). But the H2 BR and CE Magnum and Mark IV are all total fan service.
>
> Part of that makes me wonder if we keep expecting every feature from every game to appear in each installment plus new features if these games are just getting too big to develop properly. What I mean is, was it delayed to trickle-release it to keep people interested and coming back, or was it delayed because it wasn’t finished and they didn’t want to release a buggy mess like the MCC? Halo 5 is already bigger than the MCC (in terms of hard drive space) and after the next two updates it’ll be bigger than all the MCC + Reach + Halo Wars, i.e. every other Halo game combined (obviously that’s not indicative of content since it’s current-gen and a more complex engine, but still, damn that’s big)… so is it unrealistic to expect Halo 6 to have every feature from Halo 3, Reach, 4, and 5 plus new stuff all rolled into one and done & polished in just 3 years?
>
> Or is it something else and they’re trying to just keep the population alive as long as possible? Because from what I understand, quarterly sales are what matter, not population longevity. So it would be in their best interest to pack the game as full as possible and sell sell sell from the get-go. Unless I’m wrong, of course. Maybe they learned from Halo 4 and the MCC that if they want a bright future, they need to plan for it.
>
> I genuinely don’t know, I’m just speculating. Bungie barely got Halo 2 out in three years, but of course they had issues and a much smaller team, but looking at how much larger these games are and how much more we expect, is it realistic to keep expecting each installment to essentially be every previous game rolled into one?

Nope,

> 2533274814289862;8:
> > 2533274883669557;3:
> > Hate to be that guy,

no you don’t. I have never heard you say one positive thing about 343 ever. It seems you enjoy being that guy.

> 2535455681930574;15:
> > 2533274814289862;8:
> > > 2533274883669557;3:
> > > Hate to be that guy,
>
>
> no you don’t. I have never heard you say one possible thing about 343 ever. It seems you enjoy being that guy.

Just because I don’t have many positive things to say about 343 doesn’t mean I enjoy it. I want to like 343, I want to like 343’s version of Halo, but they make it almost impossible.

I will continue to speak my mind about it as I see fit and I won’t sugar coat what I have to say. And again, just because I’m negative towards 343 and their games doesn’t mean I like to be nor want to be, but they don’t really give me much to be excited about.

> 2533274883669557;12:
> > 2533274814289862;8:
> > > 2533274883669557;3:
> > > They simply just don’t care about our desires whatsoever, I’m afraid. That’s why they keep giving us all this crap no one asked for like Firefight, Infection, Reach armors, Halo 2 BR, CE Magnum, Mark IV for the first time ever … the list goes on. I wonder if there was like some sort of official Halo forum somewhere where fans could make threads about ideas they wanted and if they had enough support behind them, they would be considered.
> >
> >
> > You know, it’s sad that the community even had to ask for this stuff. Hate to be that guy, but, a lot of the stuff they’ve added post launch should’ve been there at launch.
> >
> > 343 doesn’t get a pass just because they’re finally getting around to adding this stuff back in.
>
>
> Well, yeah, Firefight and Infection, sure (plus Forge and BTB). But the H2 BR and CE Magnum and Mark IV are all total fan service.
>
> Part of that makes me wonder if we keep expecting every feature from every game to appear in each installment plus new features if these games are just getting too big to develop properly. What I mean is, was it delayed to trickle-release it to keep people interested and coming back, or was it delayed because it wasn’t finished and they didn’t want to release a buggy mess like the MCC? Halo 5 is already bigger than the MCC (in terms of hard drive space) and after the next two updates it’ll be bigger than all the MCC + Reach + Halo Wars, i.e. every other Halo game combined (obviously that’s not indicative of content since it’s current-gen and a more complex engine, but still, damn that’s big)… so is it unrealistic to expect Halo 6 to have every feature from Halo 3, Reach, 4, and 5 plus new stuff all rolled into one and done & polished in just 3 years?
>
> Or is it something else and they’re trying to just keep the population alive as long as possible? Because from what I understand, quarterly sales are what matter, not population longevity. So it would be in their best interest to pack the game as full as possible and sell sell sell from the get-go. Unless I’m wrong, of course. Maybe they learned from Halo 4 and the MCC that if they want a bright future, they need to plan for it.
>
> I genuinely don’t know, I’m just speculating. Bungie barely got Halo 2 out in three years, but of course they had issues and a much smaller team, but looking at how much larger these games are and how much more we expect, is it realistic to keep expecting each installment to essentially be every previous game rolled into one?

I believe it’s very realistic to expect the newer games to bring the old features and options along. A lot of other games have no problem continuing their best and most popular features, why does Halo?

343 is not hurting for money and other resources. They’re backed by one of the wealthiest corporations in the world. They have everything they need to make a complete game.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. If they can’t release a feature and content packed game without it being a bugged mess like the MCC, then they have no business making video games, let alone Halo. The community shouldn’t have to choose between a content packed game that’s broken or a bare bones game that works. It’s possible to have both, and it’s been proven many times.

One of the biggest problems is that 343 kept the most popular game modes out, so they could promote their own “new” game modes that they had no idea if we were gonna like them or not. They set themselves up for failure, so it’s no surprise people feel the way that they do.

> 2533274814289862;16:
> > 2535455681930574;15:
> > > 2533274814289862;8:
> > > > 2533274883669557;3:
> > > > Hate to be that guy,
> >
> >
> > no you don’t. I have never heard you say one possible thing about 343 ever. It seems you enjoy being that guy.
>
>
> Just because I don’t have many positive things to say about 343 doesn’t mean I enjoy it. I want to like 343, I want to like 343’s version of Halo, but they make it almost impossible.
>
> I will continue to speak my mind about it as I see fit and I won’t sugar coat what I have to say. And again, just because I’m negative towards 343 and their games doesn’t mean I like to be nor want to be, but they don’t really give me much to be excited about.

Can you name 5 things you like about halo 5? This is just for fun not out of spite or to provoke a fight or anything.

You could always just post your idea here. If it gains enough support, there’s a possibility of 343 considering it.

> 2535455681930574;18:
> > 2533274814289862;16:
> > > 2535455681930574;15:
> > > > 2533274814289862;8:
> > > > > 2533274883669557;3:
> > > > > Hate to be that guy,
> > >
> > >
> > > no you don’t. I have never heard you say one possible thing about 343 ever. It seems you enjoy being that guy.
> >
> >
> > Just because I don’t have many positive things to say about 343 doesn’t mean I enjoy it. I want to like 343, I want to like 343’s version of Halo, but they make it almost impossible.
> >
> > I will continue to speak my mind about it as I see fit and I won’t sugar coat what I have to say. And again, just because I’m negative towards 343 and their games doesn’t mean I like to be nor want to be, but they don’t really give me much to be excited about.
>
>
> Can you name 5 things you like about halo 5? This is just for fun not out of spite or to provoke a fight or anything.

I like the weapon balance, the sounds when you get a headshot and multiple hit markers, the thrusters (wish they’d push us a little further, though), I like that the Grunts talk again, and… can’t really think of a fifth thing.