A Pulse Grenade for your Thoughts

After reading the new achievement list for the Majestic Map Pack DLC, I couldn’t help but go back and read “Flash of Light” achievement again to make sure I understood it right. A double kill or higher with one pulse grenade?

Does any one use those? I don’t like them because you only get one in your load out. It’s nice to use them to camp at your flag or a vehicle I guess but you only get one of them. Is it because they’re over powered? Not really.

I see players using a lot of pulse grenades on Monday. Not because pulse grenades are good to use, but because players want an achievement.

I guess what I’m saying is, the pulse grenade is about as useful as the jet pack in Ragnarok. Or a Storm Rifle in a long range map. Or the Suppressor in any kind of encounter at all. Why make an achievement regarding this weapon?

Why make an achievement regarding this weapon, you ask? Well it’s actually an “achievement”, no easy task to do. It provides a nice challenge for us Halo 4 players and will most likely feel immensely rewarding when or if we do unlock it :wink:

I love Pulse Grenades but I usually just roll with Frags because you can only start off with 1.

I really don’t understand 343. You can spawn with 2 stickies but not 2 pulse? Really?

I actually don’t think it’ll be that bad. The maps are pretty small, and Pulse Grenades have a pretty big radius. I would definitely only try this in FFA, though. It’ll be a lot easier that way.

Use the Grenadier tactial package, so you can spawn with 2 pulse grendaes. Problem solved.

And not take the extra plasma or frags you’d get for the same tac package? I think we should get two of them, don’t you?

pulse grenades are so over looked and under rated it is hilarious, and I love hearing someone rage in a lobby after I wreck them with pulse nades.

yeah this is going to be a pain.

anyone know if it can be done on any map, or just the new ones?

maybe it will be easy if you spot 2 enemies about to melee each other in the ffa playlist it will have, play with plasma pistol, 3 shot and the pulse will kill on the first explosion thing

(im actually trying to max out pulse grenade commendation, and playing with plasma pistol, grenadier and explosive help a lot)

There’s a few weapons no one uses in multiplayer. You almost need a DMR or BR to be competitive. This means no one uses the Suppressor or Storm rifle much. Pulse Grenades are the same way. I don’t see a lot of players use them.

Heres how I see myself getting the achievement. Play on regicide, spawn with a plasma pistol, wait just before the melee to shoot him, overcharge the pistol, burst his shields, hope to god the bait will go into an assassination sequence, and throw the grenade at them both. Then I’ll know once I hear the BELOOP noise to get the achievement.

Waiting for the assassination in FFA will be key to this one.

Pulse grenades are good for softening your opponents shields. They are also good for making an escape when thrown in the path of the guy chasing you. Pretty good for maps like Haven.
But yeah, it takes good luck to actually kill someone with it.

I think this achievement can be boostable though.

I got a double kill with a Pulse Grenade once. Long distance toss on King of the Hill with explosives and resupply.

Pulse grenade are amazing. But at the same time there is nothing to warrant it only having 1 grenade without grenadier.

Double kills with the pulse grenade are not that crazy either. Just run grenadier and profit. The thing about pulse grenades is that you have two oppurtunities to get the kill. The First burst can easily kill players with low shields as can the final explosion.

Pulse grenades just have a high learning curve. Once you learn how to use them they are just as viable as the other grenades, but you do have to be willing to run grenadier. I run grenadier/pulse on my main class. They have great synergy with the LR.

> maybe it will be easy if you spot 2 enemies about to melee each other in the ffa playlist it will have, play with plasma pistol, 3 shot and the pulse will kill on the first explosion thing
>
> (im actually trying to max out pulse grenade commendation, and playing with plasma pistol, grenadier and explosive help a lot)

explosives do not affect pulse grenades

> Use the Grenadier tactial package, so you can spawn with 2 pulse grendaes. Problem solved.

You could spawn with one extra Pulse grenade, but I think using Resupply would be the smarter move. Everyone will be using Pulse Grenades when the map pack drops, so if you kill them fast enough you can pick up their grenades. Use the Explosives support package as well.

> pulse grenades are so over looked and under rated it is hilarious, and I love hearing someone rage in a lobby after I wreck them with pulse nades.

Hmm… varies on how you look at them… they can be under or over-rated, I have ran through them and been hit by them… but when hit just right you die or lose your shields and become an easy target.

I use pulse grenades, and I can easily say that they kick -Yoink-.

> > maybe it will be easy if you spot 2 enemies about to melee each other in the ffa playlist it will have, play with plasma pistol, 3 shot and the pulse will kill on the first explosion thing
> >
> > (im actually trying to max out pulse grenade commendation, and playing with plasma pistol, grenadier and explosive help a lot)
>
> explosives do not affect pulse grenades

Are you sure? It doesn’t it make the explosion afterwards bigger?

> > maybe it will be easy if you spot 2 enemies about to melee each other in the ffa playlist it will have, play with plasma pistol, 3 shot and the pulse will kill on the first explosion thing
> >
> > (im actually trying to max out pulse grenade commendation, and playing with plasma pistol, grenadier and explosive help a lot)
>
> explosives do not affect pulse grenades

maybe, i never tryed it agaisnt a guess in custom to see, but i get kills easier with it…