A Problem With Warzone Warlords

I have noticed a problem that is not seeming to get much attention from the community in the Warzone Warlords playlist. I feel that this is so because it only seems to affect a very small portion of players. The problem is this:

Many of the highly competitive Warzone players have been blocked by other players. This does not allow them to match anyone who they have been blocked from, or have blocked. This can be caused by a variety of reasons. Most of the time, it just seems to be out of uncompetitive spirit. Unfortunately this leads to extremely long wait times for a match, because the game has to search for players that are able to match each other. If the game did not use the ability to block others in order to match, this playlist would be greatly improved for all involved.

I hope this recieves the attention it deserves, as many players would benefit from this improvement. This problem was originally voiced by Precellence, AKA: Nas, in one of his videos about competitive Warzone. I thought it deserved more attention.

Blocking just prevents messaging; it has nothing to do with matching.

I can confirm that if you block someone you won’t match them It’s sad that this is what the Warzone community has come to.

> 2533274880633045;2:
> Blocking just prevents messaging; it has nothing to do with matching.

From everything I’ve seen watching multiple warlords streams. And some experimenting I’ve done in warzone assault. I have to strongly disagree with this.

> 2535473635314008;4:
> > 2533274880633045;2:
> > Blocking just prevents messaging; it has nothing to do with matching.
>
> From everything I’ve seen watching multiple warlords streams. And some experimenting I’ve done in warzone assault. I have to strongly disagree with this.

You can disagree if you’d like, it is still a fact. I’ve had to block a few people and that hasn’t stopped me from matching them. Kids with webcams aren’t reliable sources. From the support page;

Block another player on Xbox One
Blocking another player prevents you from receiving the player’s messages, game invites, and party invites. It also prevents the affected player from seeing your online activity and removes them from your friends list, if they were on it.
Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
Select Friends & clubs, and then select the gamertag of the player you want to mute.
Note If the player is not on your friends list, select Recent players from the drop-down menu or Find someone and enter the player’s gamertag to search.
From the player’s profile card, select Report or Block, and then select Block.
To unblock a player, follow the same steps to get to the player’s profile card, and then select Unblock.
Block another player’s messages on Xbox One
You can also block a player after receiving an offensive or inappropriate message.
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/xbox-live/block-or-mute-other-player

> 2533274880633045;5:
> > 2535473635314008;4:
> > > 2533274880633045;2:
> > > Blocking just prevents messaging; it has nothing to do with matching.
> >
> > From everything I’ve seen watching multiple warlords streams. And some experimenting I’ve done in warzone assault. I have to strongly disagree with this.
>
> You can disagree if you’d like, it is still a fact. I’ve had to block a few people and that hasn’t stopped me from matching them. Kids with webcams aren’t reliable sources. From the support page;
>
> Block another player on Xbox One
> Blocking another player prevents you from receiving the player’s messages, game invites, and party invites. It also prevents the affected player from seeing your online activity and removes them from your friends list, if they were on it.
> Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
> Select Friends & clubs, and then select the gamertag of the player you want to mute.
> Note If the player is not on your friends list, select Recent players from the drop-down menu or Find someone and enter the player’s gamertag to search.
> From the player’s profile card, select Report or Block, and then select Block.
> To unblock a player, follow the same steps to get to the player’s profile card, and then select Unblock.
> Block another player’s messages on Xbox One
> You can also block a player after receiving an offensive or inappropriate message.
> https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/xbox-live/block-or-mute-other-player

It may not be that they are blocked how is their Xbox live reputation? Maybe those who blocked them also reported them and lowered their rep.

> Blocking another player prevents you from receiving the player’s messages, game invites, and party invites. It also prevents the affected player from seeing your online activity and removes them from your friends list, if they were on it.

Source - xbox live support

I’m not too sure if it blocks players from matching, but it might reduce the changes of matching up with them. Edit - found this:-

> The answer is yes it is supposed to. However, not all games will recognize the block due to matchmaking preferences and populations. I believe that if they don’t actively recognize the block it makes it so you can’t be on the same team though. 343i commented on this a while ago with Halo 5.

Source - Reddit Xbox forum

I have no idea when 343 commented on this issue.

> 2533274972430429;7:
> > Blocking another player prevents you from receiving the player’s messages, game invites, and party invites. It also prevents the affected player from seeing your online activity and removes them from your friends list, if they were on it.
>
> Source - xbox live support
>
> I’m not too sure if it blocks players from matching, but it might reduce the changes of matching up with them.

If you block and report people, Live will try and have you avoid matching them to prevent numerous bad reports about the same people from the same people. So, by blocking and reporting top-tier Warzone players, other players can indirectly choose who they don’t match against. This ruins the game for the better player because they are unable to find a match. It is a disappointment.

> 2535409105734491;8:
> > 2533274972430429;7:
> > > Blocking another player prevents you from receiving the player’s messages, game invites, and party invites. It also prevents the affected player from seeing your online activity and removes them from your friends list, if they were on it.
> >
> > Source - xbox live support
> >
> > I’m not too sure if it blocks players from matching, but it might reduce the changes of matching up with them.
>
> If you block and report people, Live will try and have you avoid matching them to prevent numerous bad reports about the same people from the same people. So, by blocking and reporting top-tier Warzone players, other players can indirectly choose who they don’t match against. This ruins the game for the better player because they are unable to find a match. It is a disappointment.

Yeah look at my updated post.

> 2533274816788253;6:
> > 2533274880633045;5:
> > > 2535473635314008;4:
> > > > 2533274880633045;2:
> > > > Blocking just prevents messaging; it has nothing to do with matching.
> > >
> > > From everything I’ve seen watching multiple warlords streams. And some experimenting I’ve done in warzone assault. I have to strongly disagree with this.
> >
> > You can disagree if you’d like, it is still a fact. I’ve had to block a few people and that hasn’t stopped me from matching them. Kids with webcams aren’t reliable sources. From the support page;
> >
> > Block another player on Xbox One
> > Blocking another player prevents you from receiving the player’s messages, game invites, and party invites. It also prevents the affected player from seeing your online activity and removes them from your friends list, if they were on it.
> > Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
> > Select Friends & clubs, and then select the gamertag of the player you want to mute.
> > Note If the player is not on your friends list, select Recent players from the drop-down menu or Find someone and enter the player’s gamertag to search.
> > From the player’s profile card, select Report or Block, and then select Block.
> > To unblock a player, follow the same steps to get to the player’s profile card, and then select Unblock.
> > Block another player’s messages on Xbox One
> > You can also block a player after receiving an offensive or inappropriate message.
> > https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/xbox-live/block-or-mute-other-player
>
> It may not be that they are blocked how is their Xbox live reputation? Maybe those who blocked them also reported them and lowered their rep.

Reputation will affect matchmaking.

> 2533274972430429;7:
> > Blocking another player prevents you from receiving the player’s messages, game invites, and party invites. It also prevents the affected player from seeing your online activity and removes them from your friends list, if they were on it.
>
> Source - xbox live supportI’m not too sure if it blocks players from matching, but it might reduce the changes of matching up with them. Edit - found this:-
>
>
> > The answer is yes it is supposed to. However, not all games will recognize the block due to matchmaking preferences and populations. I believe that if they don’t actively recognize the block it makes it so you can’t be on the same team though. 343i commented on this a while ago with Halo 5.
>
> Source - Reddit Xbox forumI have no idea when 343 commented on this issue.

Blocking still does not. If you’re going to look for a source social media isn’t the best place to look unless it’s a confirmed or dedicated account.

Blocking does prevent you from matching people in halo 5. How come teams can search for hours on their main accounts and not find games but switch to an alt account and find games instantly? If one person from either team blocks another then the two teams won’t ever match.
I think that the decision to use the blocking feature to prevent people from matching is up to the developer which is why in some games you’ll match people who you have blocked whereas in halo 5 you don’t.
Blocking ruined warlords. No one wants to wait around for hours for a game that will most likely end in five minutes. This also causes people to farm, why quick core when you’ll just be looking at a search screen for the next hour?

I do believe it will block matching some of the time, regardless of what XBL says. Since there is no easy way to “unblock” feature, RIP Warlords.

> 2533274875982754;12:
> I do believe it will block matching some of the time, regardless of what XBL says. Since there is no easy way to “unblock” feature, RIP Warlords.

That doesn’t make much sense. “Some of the time”? Why would XBL have such a half-measure feature in place?

Furthermore, Xbox 360 had a straight up “Avoid this person” feature, and Xbox chose to remove it in favor of the reputation feature. Why would they have kept remnants of the old system and not told anyone? It just doesn’t make sense.

> 2533274817408735;13:
> > 2533274875982754;12:
> > I do believe it will block matching some of the time, regardless of what XBL says. Since there is no easy way to “unblock” feature, RIP Warlords.
>
> That doesn’t make much sense. “Some of the time”? Why would XBL have such a half-measure feature in place?
>
> Furthermore, Xbox 360 had a straight up “Avoid this person” feature, and Xbox chose to remove it in favor of the reputation feature. Why would they have kept remnants of the old system and not told anyone? It just doesn’t make sense.

Yeah, unfortunately making sense is not a prerequisite for anything anymore. Have you seen the male rompers? They don’t make sense either, yet they exist. :slight_smile:

Not sure if it’s a blocking issue or more of a bit enough teams issues.
And there could be hidden crs ranking behind the scenes. To help lower end playing not getting curb stomped by elite teams.

Blocking does nothing, a guy blocked me because he couldn’t handle losing to me in FFA and over 6 hours later I got matched with him again, only the last time I didn’t hear his whining anymore.

!Blocklords

> 2533274880633045;10:
> > 2533274816788253;6:
> > > 2533274880633045;5:
> > > > 2535473635314008;4:
> > > > > 2533274880633045;2:
> > > > > Blocking just prevents messaging; it has nothing to do with matching.
> > > >
> > > > From everything I’ve seen watching multiple warlords streams. And some experimenting I’ve done in warzone assault. I have to strongly disagree with this.
> > >
> > > You can disagree if you’d like, it is still a fact. I’ve had to block a few people and that hasn’t stopped me from matching them. Kids with webcams aren’t reliable sources. From the support page;
> > >
> > > Block another player on Xbox One
> > > Blocking another player prevents you from receiving the player’s messages, game invites, and party invites. It also prevents the affected player from seeing your online activity and removes them from your friends list, if they were on it.
> > > Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
> > > Select Friends & clubs, and then select the gamertag of the player you want to mute.
> > > Note If the player is not on your friends list, select Recent players from the drop-down menu or Find someone and enter the player’s gamertag to search.
> > > From the player’s profile card, select Report or Block, and then select Block.
> > > To unblock a player, follow the same steps to get to the player’s profile card, and then select Unblock.
> > > Block another player’s messages on Xbox One
> > > You can also block a player after receiving an offensive or inappropriate message.
> > > https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/xbox-live/block-or-mute-other-player
> >
> > It may not be that they are blocked how is their Xbox live reputation? Maybe those who blocked them also reported them and lowered their rep.
>
> Reputation will affect matchmaking.
>
>
> > 2533274972430429;7:
> > > Blocking another player prevents you from receiving the player’s messages, game invites, and party invites. It also prevents the affected player from seeing your online activity and removes them from your friends list, if they were on it.
> >
> > Source - xbox live supportI’m not too sure if it blocks players from matching, but it might reduce the changes of matching up with them. Edit - found this:-
> >
> >
> > > The answer is yes it is supposed to. However, not all games will recognize the block due to matchmaking preferences and populations. I believe that if they don’t actively recognize the block it makes it so you can’t be on the same team though. 343i commented on this a while ago with Halo 5.
> >
> > Source - Reddit Xbox forumI have no idea when 343 commented on this issue.
>
> Blocking still does not. If you’re going to look for a source social media isn’t the best place to look unless it’s a confirmed or dedicated account.

You can ignore it but there is so much prove of it

> 2533274966641826;18:
> You can ignore it but there is so much prove of it

Provide some and we’ll talk. Even the avoid player from the 360 didn’t didn’t work. In order to support the claim that the blocking system works entirely differently than the way it is described by microsoft and past experience indicates you need to provide some evidence.

> 2533274880633045;19:
> > 2533274966641826;18:
> > You can ignore it but there is so much prove of it
>
> Provide some and we’ll talk. Even the avoid player from the 360 didn’t didn’t work. In order to support the claim that the blocking system works entirely differently than the way it is described by microsoft and past experience indicates you need to provide some evidence.

I used to think these claims were poppycock too. So I just started to try it out myself. blocking does something to affect mm in social. Evidence is hard to come by, I will however tell you I have been running an experiment in warzone assault.

Assault is very underpopulated. I match many of the same players on a nightly basis. I’ve been blocking members of one Spartan company for about a month now, everytime I see that company I block them. I have never run into a player I blocked. Not once.

These are guys I’ve historically run into very often. Almost nightly. At least weekly.

In another month im going to unblock them all. I imagine I will match against them again.

Like I said. Hard proof isn’t really possible from me. But my personal experience shows an incredibly high chance blocking players does affect mm. In some way.

I dont like blocking players. I think it’s unnecessary and plan to unblock everyone next month. By then I will have enough personal data to know what’s up with mm. I’m fairly confident I have enough right now.

The players that you marched against after they were blocked, was it in a ranked playlist? This seems to only affect social.