A problem with my friend's rank...

So one of my friends has recently come across a problem on Reach that I’ve never seen before. One moment he is a Captain Grade 3, the next he is a recruit. And no, this isn’t a banning problem because his rank switches back and forth all the time. Just yesterday his rank switched three times in less than a minute…

The worst part is that sometimes it won’t let him play Matchmaking while he is a Recruit, which is frustrating because we’ll start a match and then we can’t do another one because it kicks us out if he’s a recruit after the match…If he dashboards, it temporarily gets him back to Captain, but he eventually goes back to being a recruit anyway…

Anyway, has anyone else come across this problem? And does anyone know who at 343 should I PM about this?

> So one of my friends has recently come across a problem on Reach that I’ve never seen before. One moment he is a Captain Grade 3, the next he is a recruit. And no, this isn’t a banning problem because his rank switches back and forth all the time. Just yesterday his rank switched three times in less than a minute…
>
> The worst part is that sometimes it won’t let him play Matchmaking while he is a Recruit, which is frustrating because we’ll start a match and then we can’t do another one because it kicks us out if he’s a recruit after the match…If he dashboards, it temporarily gets him back to Captain, but he eventually goes back to being a recruit anyway…
>
> Anyway, has anyone else come across this problem? And does anyone know who at 343 should I PM about this?

This sounds like something we mere mortals won’t be able to solve, contact Bs Angel about this and maybe she’ll be able to help you somehow. Best of luck.

this kind of problem usually happens due to bad connection, if its only happening to your one friend it may be his connection, not 100% sure on this.

A very few percentage experience this problem. Your friend isn’t the only one. Something must have triggered this cause between the transition from Bungie to 343i.

Just hope this gets noticed/addressed by an employee, sucks a lot I know.

btw, luv your vids :wink:

I blame connection/server error. Rank doesn’t bounce back and forth like that in Reach.

Thanks for all the quick replies guys, it’s much appreciated.

Anyway, I suppose the reasoning behind the connection speed makes some sense. His connection isn’t particularly the best. However, none of my other friends with lame connections have the problem, so…

I’ll try to contact bs angel and hopefully she can find something out. Thanks again :smiley:

(Btw, thanks D00M :smiley: I’ll try to keep making the good stuff!)

This happened to me and all of my friends once, at the same time, don’t worry though, its completely and increasingly temporary and your account will not be harmed in any way.

Happens to me about four times a week, usually when it is a connection error with my network (Router Hiccups/etc).

In this time period all the credits I earn are counted as offline credits, even if I am in Matchmaking; my callsign goes blank and the only way to see my real rank instead of recruit is by looking at the service record.

Its a small bug, but fairly irritating (happened at the end of a LASO run and it did not count for the weekly).