A Possible Halo 5 XP System Overhaul

I have been playing Halo 5: Guardians since launch and continued to participate within the matchmaking portion. However, While playing this game a variety of questions come to mind, but the main question I want to discuss is it possible to permanently increase the amount of XP reward earned per match within every playlist?

The reason why I want to tackle this topic, is because the current amount of XP earned per match in every playlist, without a boost, is incredibly lacking. Personally, I wouldn’t consider the current XP reward system per match as an acceptable reward because the player doesn’t really earn a decent amount of XP that they would benefit from drastically. Especially when the player reaches the triple digits, the only way to proceed forward is by dedicating hours upon hours of Warzone gameplay. Which even then doesn’t provide much. If 343 Industries has provided a logical reason on why they went with the current XP reward system? That would allow me to understand from a Company’s standpoint as to why they went with this system.

Otherwise, this is my interpretation of how I would conduct the XP reward system per match within the current Halo 5 playlists.

Social Playlists:
Win: 50,000 XP
Lose: 30,000 XP
Ranked Playlists:
Win: 60,000 XP
Loss: 50,000 XP
Warzone:
Win: 100,000 XP
Loss: 80,000 XP
Warzone Assault:
Win: 90,000 XP
Warzone Firefight Herioc:
Win: 100,000 XP
Warzone Firefight Legendary:
Win: 120,000 XP
Loss: 100,000 XP
Warzone Firefight Mythic:
Win: 250,000 XP
Loss: 150,000 XP

Edit:
I want to reiterate that my interpretation is based off of the current caps per level within Halo 5’s overall ranking system.

I think it’s fine as is I just wise they didn’t make the final rank take so much. They probably should have stopped at SR150 IMO. But since they did go to 50 million XP I kinda wish they would have broken it up more evenly across the ranks. While it seems warzone pays out more XP the games usually take longer than arena games. Time wise the XP is pretty similar payouts in both.

How much would I get for losing games in your system? Cuz with those payouts, I’d be throwing games left and right to get them over with quickly.

> 2586218893181855;3:
> How much would I get for losing games in your system? Cuz with those payouts, I’d be throwing games left and right to get them over with quickly.

I completely forgot to type that in, thank you for reminding me. Very much appreciate it.

> 2533274816788253;2:
> I think it’s fine as is I just wise they didn’t make the final rank take so much. They probably should have stopped at SR150 IMO. But since they did go to 50 million XP I kinda wish they would have broken it up more evenly across the ranks. While it seems warzone pays out more XP the games usually take longer than arena games. Time wise the XP is pretty similar payouts in both.

That is one of the major gripes I have with Halo 5’s XP system, the specific number total they currently have for each rank would have worked within Halo 5 if they had the system set up similar to mine where the player gains more while putting the effort to reach max rank, I would personally have no issues with it however as it stands the current XP system is way to lackluster and above all unappealing. But that is all up to interpretation.

> 2533274977273430;5:
> > 2533274816788253;2:
> > I think it’s fine as is I just wise they didn’t make the final rank take so much. They probably should have stopped at SR150 IMO. But since they did go to 50 million XP I kinda wish they would have broken it up more evenly across the ranks. While it seems warzone pays out more XP the games usually take longer than arena games. Time wise the XP is pretty similar payouts in both.
>
> That is one of the major gripes I have with Halo 5’s XP system, the specific number total they currently have for each rank would have worked within Halo 5 if they had the system set up similar to mine where the player gains more while putting the effort to reach max rank, I would personally have no issues with it however as it stands the current XP system is way to lackluster and above all unappealing. But that is all up to interpretation.

The whole XP system has always been lame to me. Ever since reach… Picture it a BTB sniper match…we had a teammate do nothing but ride a mongoose around. He got zero kills and died 16 times, we lost the match he got nearly 1000xp… Picture this … in H5 I spawn into the last few mins of a firefight match. They have the last mythic hunter almost dead. I don’t move or even fire one bullet and I got 5000xp. To get XP no matter what you do. Most probably won’t like this idea but I feel it should be more performance based and not just given out no matter what. Then you wouldn’t have players going afk in games with the melee button taped down to avoid being booted for going idle. You shouldn’t be rewarded for simply being in the game. You should have to contribute to the win.

> 2533274977273430;1:
> I have been playing Halo 5: Guardians since launch and continued to participate within the matchmaking portion. However, While playing this game a variety of questions come to mind, but the main question I want to discuss is it possible to permanently increase the amount of XP reward earned per match within every playlist?
>
> The reason why I want to tackle this topic, is because the current amount of XP earned per match in every playlist, without a boost, is incredibly lacking. Personally, I wouldn’t consider the current XP reward system per match as an acceptable reward because the player doesn’t really earn a decent amount of XP that they would benefit from drastically. Especially when the player reaches the triple digits, the only way to proceed forward is by dedicating hours upon hours of Warzone gameplay. Which even then doesn’t provide much. If 343 Industries has provided a logical reason on why they went with the current XP reward system? That would allow me to understand from a Company’s standpoint as to why they went with this system.
>
> Otherwise, this is my interpretation of how I would conduct the XP reward system per match within the current Halo 5 playlists.
>
> Social Playlists:
> Win: 50,000 XP
> Lose: 30,000 XP
> Ranked Playlists:
> Win: 60,000 XP
> Loss: 50,000 XP
> Warzone:
> Win: 100,000 XP
> Loss: 80,000 XP
> Warzone Assault:
> Win: 90,000 XP
> Warzone Firefight Herioc:
> Warzone Firefight Legendary:
> Win: 120,000 XP
> Loss: 100,000 XP
> Warzone Firefight Mythic:
> Win: 250,000 XP
> Loss: 150,000 XP

Me personally I find that it’s fair it’s supposed to be a grind the only thing would be nice if they spreaded out the total more evenly and last your numbers you gave we gain per match I find ridiculously to much just looking at them I’m hoping it’s a joke

> 2533274977273430;1:
> I have been playing Halo 5: Guardians since launch and continued to participate within the matchmaking portion. However, While playing this game a variety of questions come to mind, but the main question I want to discuss is it possible to permanently increase the amount of XP reward earned per match within every playlist?
>
> The reason why I want to tackle this topic, is because the current amount of XP earned per match in every playlist, without a boost, is incredibly lacking. Personally, I wouldn’t consider the current XP reward system per match as an acceptable reward because the player doesn’t really earn a decent amount of XP that they would benefit from drastically. Especially when the player reaches the triple digits, the only way to proceed forward is by dedicating hours upon hours of Warzone gameplay. Which even then doesn’t provide much. If 343 Industries has provided a logical reason on why they went with the current XP reward system? That would allow me to understand from a Company’s standpoint as to why they went with this system.
>
> Otherwise, this is my interpretation of how I would conduct the XP reward system per match within the current Halo 5 playlists.
>
> Social Playlists:
> Win: 50,000 XP
> Lose: 30,000 XP
> Ranked Playlists:
> Win: 60,000 XP
> Loss: 50,000 XP
> Warzone:
> Warzone Assault:
> Win: 90,000 XP
> Warzone Firefight Herioc:
> Warzone Firefight Legendary:
> Win: 120,000 XP
> Loss: 100,000 XP
> Warzone Firefight Mythic:
> Win: 250,000 XP
> Loss: 150,000 XP

These numbers are WAY too inflated. With your proposed system, one could reach max rank by winning 200 Mythic Warzone games. That is far too simple…

The current grind to 152 is not that bad with the way the XP payout is now. I do agree that it should be more linked to skill and placement within a game as well as time, but not inflated to the point you suggest.

> 2533274816788253;6:
> > 2533274977273430;5:
> > > 2533274816788253;2:
> > > I think it’s fine as is I just wise they didn’t make the final rank take so much. They probably should have stopped at SR150 IMO. But since they did go to 50 million XP I kinda wish they would have broken it up more evenly across the ranks. While it seems warzone pays out more XP the games usually take longer than arena games. Time wise the XP is pretty similar payouts in both.
> >
> > That is one of the major gripes I have with Halo 5’s XP system, the specific number total they currently have for each rank would have worked within Halo 5 if they had the system set up similar to mine where the player gains more while putting the effort to reach max rank, I would personally have no issues with it however as it stands the current XP system is way to lackluster and above all unappealing. But that is all up to interpretation.
>
> The whole XP system has always been lame to me. Ever since reach… Picture it a BTB sniper match…we had a teammate do nothing but ride a mongoose around. He got zero kills and died 16 times, we lost the match he got nearly 1000xp… Picture this … in H5 I spawn into the last few mins of a firefight match. They have the last mythic hunter almost dead. I don’t move or even fire one bullet and I got 5000xp. To get XP no matter what you do. Most probably won’t like this idea but I feel it should be more performance based and not just given out no matter what. Then you wouldn’t have players going afk in games with the melee button taped down to avoid being booted for going idle. You shouldn’t be rewarded for simply being in the game. You should have to contribute to the win.

What you described is something that will happen regardless of what game anyone plays. There really is no definitive way on regulating that without affecting other players.

> 2533274843215150;7:
> > 2533274977273430;1:
> > I have been playing Halo 5: Guardians since launch and continued to participate within the matchmaking portion. However, While playing this game a variety of questions come to mind, but the main question I want to discuss is it possible to permanently increase the amount of XP reward earned per match within every playlist?
> >
> > The reason why I want to tackle this topic, is because the current amount of XP earned per match in every playlist, without a boost, is incredibly lacking. Personally, I wouldn’t consider the current XP reward system per match as an acceptable reward because the player doesn’t really earn a decent amount of XP that they would benefit from drastically. Especially when the player reaches the triple digits, the only way to proceed forward is by dedicating hours upon hours of Warzone gameplay. Which even then doesn’t provide much. If 343 Industries has provided a logical reason on why they went with the current XP reward system? That would allow me to understand from a Company’s standpoint as to why they went with this system.
> >
> > Otherwise, this is my interpretation of how I would conduct the XP reward system per match within the current Halo 5 playlists.
> >
> > Social Playlists:
> > Win: 50,000 XP
> > Lose: 30,000 XP
> > Ranked Playlists:
> > Win: 60,000 XP
> > Loss: 50,000 XP
> > Warzone:
> > Win: 100,000 XP
> > Loss: 80,000 XP
> > Warzone Assault:
> > Win: 90,000 XP
> > Warzone Firefight Herioc:
> > Warzone Firefight Legendary:
> > Win: 120,000 XP
> > Loss: 100,000 XP
> > Warzone Firefight Mythic:
> > Win: 250,000 XP
> > Loss: 150,000 XP
>
> Me personally I find that it’s fair it’s supposed to be a grind the only thing would be nice if they spreaded out the total more evenly and last your numbers you gave we gain per match I find ridiculously to much just looking at them I’m hoping it’s a joke

The reason why my numbers are considered “high” is because they are based off of Halo 5’s current XP total per rank. Plus, they are specifically designed to moderate grinding, especially since Halo 5’s reward system per rank is an Emblem. Now, my XP system would be completely different if per rank we were rewarded with one Emblem, one armor piece, one weapon skin, one vehicle certification, and one weapon certification. In a specific order without it being randomly generated.

> 2535425197742043;8:
> > 2533274977273430;1:
> > I have been playing Halo 5: Guardians since launch and continued to participate within the matchmaking portion. However, While playing this game a variety of questions come to mind, but the main question I want to discuss is it possible to permanently increase the amount of XP reward earned per match within every playlist?
> >
> > The reason why I want to tackle this topic, is because the current amount of XP earned per match in every playlist, without a boost, is incredibly lacking. Personally, I wouldn’t consider the current XP reward system per match as an acceptable reward because the player doesn’t really earn a decent amount of XP that they would benefit from drastically. Especially when the player reaches the triple digits, the only way to proceed forward is by dedicating hours upon hours of Warzone gameplay. Which even then doesn’t provide much. If 343 Industries has provided a logical reason on why they went with the current XP reward system? That would allow me to understand from a Company’s standpoint as to why they went with this system.
> >
> > Otherwise, this is my interpretation of how I would conduct the XP reward system per match within the current Halo 5 playlists.
> >
> > Social Playlists:
> > Win: 50,000 XP
> > Lose: 30,000 XP
> > Ranked Playlists:
> > Win: 60,000 XP
> > Loss: 50,000 XP
> > Warzone:
> > Warzone Assault:
> > Win: 90,000 XP
> > Warzone Firefight Herioc:
> > Warzone Firefight Legendary:
> > Win: 120,000 XP
> > Loss: 100,000 XP
> > Warzone Firefight Mythic:
> > Win: 250,000 XP
> > Loss: 150,000 XP
>
> These numbers are WAY too inflated. With your proposed system, one could reach max rank by winning 200 Mythic Warzone games. That is far too simple…
>
> The current grind to 152 is not that bad with the way the XP payout is now. I do agree that it should be more linked to skill and placement within a game as well as time, but not inflated to the point you suggest.

Correct me if I’m wrong but Mythic is supposed to be designed as the hardest Warzone game mode to date, wouldn’t you want a reward for winning within this difficult challenge aside from a lackluster amount of XP and Req points?

As someone who reached 152 11 months ago, I can safely say you gain an adequate amount of xp per match. All you have to do is never waste matches by playing without xp boosts and also know which gametypes are best for xp.

> 2533274843634673;12:
> As someone who reached 152 11 months ago, I can safely say you gain an adequate amount of xp per match. All you have to do is never waste matches by playing without xp boosts and also know which gametypes are best for xp.

That’s one of the main problems with Halo 5, there are only very few playlists that provide a decent amount of XP, Plus their should be a playlist within Halo 5 where you are able to gain a ridiculous amount of XP. Only one Halo title had a playlist that provided that which was Halo Reach’s Griftball. Assuming you were able to attain a full lobby that was willing to work with everyone that participated. Otherwise, the rest of Halo 5’s playlists, aside from certain ones, are not beneficial for those that are interested in reaching the Max rank.

> 2533274977273430;13:
> > 2533274843634673;12:
> > As someone who reached 152 11 months ago, I can safely say you gain an adequate amount of xp per match. All you have to do is never waste matches by playing without xp boosts and also know which gametypes are best for xp.
>
> That’s one of the main problems with Halo 5, there are only very few playlists that provide a decent amount of XP, Plus their should be a playlist within Halo 5 where you are able to gain a ridiculous amount of XP. Only one Halo title had a playlist that provided that which was Halo Reach’s Griftball. Assuming you were able to attain a full lobby that was willing to work with everyone that participated. Otherwise, the rest of Halo 5’s playlists, aside from certain ones, are not beneficial for those that are interested in reaching the Max rank.

Sounds to me like you just want to game the system.

You don’t really get anything special for 152. The real reward for getting there are the friends you make along the way, so rushing through by taking an easy route defeats the purpose. But, anyway, as I mentioned, there are plenty of ways to get xp as the game currently is.

For example, WZFF is great for xp, as is Infection, and every featured playlist. And, you can get good amounts of xp from everything else assuming you actually us xp boosters, which you should never actually run out of.

If they made it easy to reach 152, then what would the point be? I wouldn’t want that.

> 2533274843634673;14:
> > 2533274977273430;13:
> > > 2533274843634673;12:
> > > As someone who reached 152 11 months ago, I can safely say you gain an adequate amount of xp per match. All you have to do is never waste matches by playing without xp boosts and also know which gametypes are best for xp.
> >
> > That’s one of the main problems with Halo 5, there are only very few playlists that provide a decent amount of XP, Plus their should be a playlist within Halo 5 where you are able to gain a ridiculous amount of XP. Only one Halo title had a playlist that provided that which was Halo Reach’s Griftball. Assuming you were able to attain a full lobby that was willing to work with everyone that participated. Otherwise, the rest of Halo 5’s playlists, aside from certain ones, are not beneficial for those that are interested in reaching the Max rank.
>
> Sounds to me like you just want to game the system.
>
> You don’t really get anything special for 152. The real reward for getting there are the friends you make along the way, so rushing through by taking an easy route defeats the purpose. But, anyway, as I mentioned, there are plenty of ways to get xp as the game currently is.
>
> For example, WZFF is great for xp, as is Infection, and every featured playlist. And, you can get good amounts of xp from everything else assuming you actually us xp boosters, which you should never actually run out of.
>
> If they made it easy to reach 152, then what would the point be? I wouldn’t want that.

My interpretation is based on providing playlists a reward that benefits both the winning team and loosing team especially when the player takes into consideration how many hours the overall grind takes, which is way too long and tedious.

The example you have provided demonstrates exactly the reason why I executed my interpretation the way I did. The Players who want to grind for Max rank shouldn’t be restricted by three or four playlists, they should be experiencing more opportunities to achieve more XP then what is currently provided.

I’m not saying they should make reaching rank 152 “easy,” I am saying they should provide the players more avenues for earning a high amount of XP. Especially since we don’t have thorough daily challenges.

> 2533274977273430;15:
> > 2533274843634673;14:
> > > 2533274977273430;13:
> > > > 2533274843634673;12:
> > > > As someone who reached 152 11 months ago, I can safely say you gain an adequate amount of xp per match. All you have to do is never waste matches by playing without xp boosts and also know which gametypes are best for xp.
> > >
> > > That’s one of the main problems with Halo 5, there are only very few playlists that provide a decent amount of XP, Plus their should be a playlist within Halo 5 where you are able to gain a ridiculous amount of XP. Only one Halo title had a playlist that provided that which was Halo Reach’s Griftball. Assuming you were able to attain a full lobby that was willing to work with everyone that participated. Otherwise, the rest of Halo 5’s playlists, aside from certain ones, are not beneficial for those that are interested in reaching the Max rank.
> >
> > Sounds to me like you just want to game the system.
> >
> > You don’t really get anything special for 152. The real reward for getting there are the friends you make along the way, so rushing through by taking an easy route defeats the purpose. But, anyway, as I mentioned, there are plenty of ways to get xp as the game currently is.
> >
> > For example, WZFF is great for xp, as is Infection, and every featured playlist. And, you can get good amounts of xp from everything else assuming you actually us xp boosters, which you should never actually run out of.
> >
> > If they made it easy to reach 152, then what would the point be? I wouldn’t want that.
>
> My interpretation is based on providing playlists a reward that benefits both the winning team and loosing team especially when the player takes into consideration how many hours the overall grind takes, which is way too long and tedious.
>
> The example you have provided demonstrates exactly the reason why I executed my interpretation the way I did. The Players who want to grind for Max rank shouldn’t be restricted by three or four playlists, they should be experiencing more opportunities to achieve more XP then what is currently provided.
>
> I’m not saying they should make reaching rank 152 “easy,” I am saying they should provide the players more avenues for earning a high amount of XP. Especially since we don’t have thorough daily challenges.

Alright, it would be fair to even the playing field between the playlists, but even so, it’s not like I exclusively grinded those playlists to get to 152. Like I said, always use xp boosts and you’ll be fine no matter the playlist. What I did is play arena until I ran out of arena xp boosts, then swap to wz until I ran out of xp boosts for that. By the time you’ve used up all your boosts for one of the two types, you should have more for the other.

Also, just playing whatever’s fun for you at the time is the real best way to grind, not just going for the big xp playlists. Burnout is a real thing and to get to 152 you want to minimize that.

> 2533274843634673;16:
> > 2533274977273430;15:
> > > 2533274843634673;14:
> > > > 2533274977273430;13:
> > > > > 2533274843634673;12:
> > > > > As someone who reached 152 11 months ago, I can safely say you gain an adequate amount of xp per match. All you have to do is never waste matches by playing without xp boosts and also know which gametypes are best for xp.
> > > >
> > > > That’s one of the main problems with Halo 5, there are only very few playlists that provide a decent amount of XP, Plus their should be a playlist within Halo 5 where you are able to gain a ridiculous amount of XP. Only one Halo title had a playlist that provided that which was Halo Reach’s Griftball. Assuming you were able to attain a full lobby that was willing to work with everyone that participated. Otherwise, the rest of Halo 5’s playlists, aside from certain ones, are not beneficial for those that are interested in reaching the Max rank.
> > >
> > > Sounds to me like you just want to game the system.
> > >
> > > You don’t really get anything special for 152. The real reward for getting there are the friends you make along the way, so rushing through by taking an easy route defeats the purpose. But, anyway, as I mentioned, there are plenty of ways to get xp as the game currently is.
> > >
> > > For example, WZFF is great for xp, as is Infection, and every featured playlist. And, you can get good amounts of xp from everything else assuming you actually us xp boosters, which you should never actually run out of.
> > >
> > > If they made it easy to reach 152, then what would the point be? I wouldn’t want that.
> >
> > My interpretation is based on providing playlists a reward that benefits both the winning team and loosing team especially when the player takes into consideration how many hours the overall grind takes, which is way too long and tedious.
> >
> > The example you have provided demonstrates exactly the reason why I executed my interpretation the way I did. The Players who want to grind for Max rank shouldn’t be restricted by three or four playlists, they should be experiencing more opportunities to achieve more XP then what is currently provided.
> >
> > I’m not saying they should make reaching rank 152 “easy,” I am saying they should provide the players more avenues for earning a high amount of XP. Especially since we don’t have thorough daily challenges.
>
> Alright, it would be fair to even the playing field between the playlists, but even so, it’s not like I exclusively grinded those playlists to get to 152. Like I said, always use xp boosts and you’ll be fine no matter the playlist. What I did is play arena until I ran out of arena xp boosts, then swap to wz until I ran out of xp boosts for that. By the time you’ve used up all your boosts for one of the two types, you should have more for the other.
>
> Also, just playing whatever’s fun for you at the time is the real best way to grind, not just going for the big xp playlists. Burnout is a real thing and to get to 152 you want to minimize that.

You as an individual may not have grinded those playlists exclusively but I’m sure a variety of people have because of that draw in.

The method you use is a decent method however, that doesn’t excuse how less XP is earned per match. But instead encourages a vies able possiblity where the next Halo title has the same exact system.

> 2533274977273430;17:
> > 2533274843634673;16:
> > > 2533274977273430;15:
> > > > 2533274843634673;14:
> > > > > 2533274977273430;13:
> > > > > > 2533274843634673;12:
> > > > > > As someone who reached 152 11 months ago, I can safely say you gain an adequate amount of xp per match. All you have to do is never waste matches by playing without xp boosts and also know which gametypes are best for xp.
> > > > >
> > > > > That’s one of the main problems with Halo 5, there are only very few playlists that provide a decent amount of XP, Plus their should be a playlist within Halo 5 where you are able to gain a ridiculous amount of XP. Only one Halo title had a playlist that provided that which was Halo Reach’s Griftball. Assuming you were able to attain a full lobby that was willing to work with everyone that participated. Otherwise, the rest of Halo 5’s playlists, aside from certain ones, are not beneficial for those that are interested in reaching the Max rank.
> > > >
> > > > Sounds to me like you just want to game the system.
> > > >
> > > > You don’t really get anything special for 152. The real reward for getting there are the friends you make along the way, so rushing through by taking an easy route defeats the purpose. But, anyway, as I mentioned, there are plenty of ways to get xp as the game currently is.
> > > >
> > > > For example, WZFF is great for xp, as is Infection, and every featured playlist. And, you can get good amounts of xp from everything else assuming you actually us xp boosters, which you should never actually run out of.
> > > >
> > > > If they made it easy to reach 152, then what would the point be? I wouldn’t want that.
> > >
> > > My interpretation is based on providing playlists a reward that benefits both the winning team and loosing team especially when the player takes into consideration how many hours the overall grind takes, which is way too long and tedious.
> > >
> > > The example you have provided demonstrates exactly the reason why I executed my interpretation the way I did. The Players who want to grind for Max rank shouldn’t be restricted by three or four playlists, they should be experiencing more opportunities to achieve more XP then what is currently provided.
> > >
> > > I’m not saying they should make reaching rank 152 “easy,” I am saying they should provide the players more avenues for earning a high amount of XP. Especially since we don’t have thorough daily challenges.
> >
> > Alright, it would be fair to even the playing field between the playlists, but even so, it’s not like I exclusively grinded those playlists to get to 152. Like I said, always use xp boosts and you’ll be fine no matter the playlist. What I did is play arena until I ran out of arena xp boosts, then swap to wz until I ran out of xp boosts for that. By the time you’ve used up all your boosts for one of the two types, you should have more for the other.
> >
> > Also, just playing whatever’s fun for you at the time is the real best way to grind, not just going for the big xp playlists. Burnout is a real thing and to get to 152 you want to minimize that.
>
> You as an individual may not have grinded those playlists exclusively but I’m sure a variety of people have because of that draw in.
>
> The method you use is a decent method however, that doesn’t excuse how less XP is earned per match. But instead encourages a vies able possiblity where the next Halo title has the same exact system.

But those players just have to realize that what playlist they’re in doesn’t really matter. Also, my method forces players to vary their playlists between arena/warzone, so that seems pretty good to me.

And, how is the current method any better than what you mentioned earlier about griffball being the best playlist in previous titles? Doesn’t that just force players into Griffball over other playlists? The only “fair” option I see would be to make all playlists give the same average xp/hour, which they already sort of do. The length of matches does influence the amount of xp you get, but not entirely.

> 2533274843634673;18:
> > 2533274977273430;17:
> > > 2533274843634673;16:
> > > > 2533274977273430;15:
> > > > > 2533274843634673;14:
> > > > > > 2533274977273430;13:
> > > > > > > 2533274843634673;12:
> > > > > > > As someone who reached 152 11 months ago, I can safely say you gain an adequate amount of xp per match. All you have to do is never waste matches by playing without xp boosts and also know which gametypes are best for xp.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > That’s one of the main problems with Halo 5, there are only very few playlists that provide a decent amount of XP, Plus their should be a playlist within Halo 5 where you are able to gain a ridiculous amount of XP. Only one Halo title had a playlist that provided that which was Halo Reach’s Griftball. Assuming you were able to attain a full lobby that was willing to work with everyone that participated. Otherwise, the rest of Halo 5’s playlists, aside from certain ones, are not beneficial for those that are interested in reaching the Max rank.
> > > > >
> > > > > Sounds to me like you just want to game the system.
> > > > >
> > > > > You don’t really get anything special for 152. The real reward for getting there are the friends you make along the way, so rushing through by taking an easy route defeats the purpose. But, anyway, as I mentioned, there are plenty of ways to get xp as the game currently is.
> > > > >
> > > > > For example, WZFF is great for xp, as is Infection, and every featured playlist. And, you can get good amounts of xp from everything else assuming you actually us xp boosters, which you should never actually run out of.
> > > > >
> > > > > If they made it easy to reach 152, then what would the point be? I wouldn’t want that.
> > > >
> > > > My interpretation is based on providing playlists a reward that benefits both the winning team and loosing team especially when the player takes into consideration how many hours the overall grind takes, which is way too long and tedious.
> > > >
> > > > The example you have provided demonstrates exactly the reason why I executed my interpretation the way I did. The Players who want to grind for Max rank shouldn’t be restricted by three or four playlists, they should be experiencing more opportunities to achieve more XP then what is currently provided.
> > > >
> > > > I’m not saying they should make reaching rank 152 “easy,” I am saying they should provide the players more avenues for earning a high amount of XP. Especially since we don’t have thorough daily challenges.
> > >
> > > Alright, it would be fair to even the playing field between the playlists, but even so, it’s not like I exclusively grinded those playlists to get to 152. Like I said, always use xp boosts and you’ll be fine no matter the playlist. What I did is play arena until I ran out of arena xp boosts, then swap to wz until I ran out of xp boosts for that. By the time you’ve used up all your boosts for one of the two types, you should have more for the other.
> > >
> > > Also, just playing whatever’s fun for you at the time is the real best way to grind, not just going for the big xp playlists. Burnout is a real thing and to get to 152 you want to minimize that.
> >
> > You as an individual may not have grinded those playlists exclusively but I’m sure a variety of people have because of that draw in.
> >
> > The method you use is a decent method however, that doesn’t excuse how less XP is earned per match. But instead encourages a vies able possiblity where the next Halo title has the same exact system.
>
> But those players just have to realize that what playlist they’re in doesn’t really matter. Also, my method forces players to vary their playlists between arena/warzone, so that seems pretty good to me.
>
> And, how is the current method any better than what you mentioned earlier about griffball being the best playlist in previous titles? Doesn’t that just force players into Griffball over other playlists? The only “fair” option I see would be to make all playlists give the same average xp/hour, which they already sort of do. The length of matches does influence the amount of xp you get, but not entirely.

I understand your method forces the player to vary there skills, however if the Ranked, Social, and war zone playlists provided a high amount of XP, but not to the point where it’s too much, in the first place then Halo 5’s current matchmaking XP system would be much more beneficial to the time these players invest.
I used Griff Ball as example of a playlist that provides a heavy amount of XP, I did say it was the best playlist to grind for XP in Halo Reach not that it was the best playlist in terms of an objective standpoint.

> 2533274977273430;19:
> > 2533274843634673;18:
> > > 2533274977273430;17:
> > > > 2533274843634673;16:
> > > > > 2533274977273430;15:
> > > > > > 2533274843634673;14:
> > > > > > > 2533274977273430;13:
> > > > > > > > 2533274843634673;12:
> > > > > > > > As someone who reached 152 11 months ago, I can safely say you gain an adequate amount of xp per match. All you have to do is never waste matches by playing without xp boosts and also know which gametypes are best for xp.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > That’s one of the main problems with Halo 5, there are only very few playlists that provide a decent amount of XP, Plus their should be a playlist within Halo 5 where you are able to gain a ridiculous amount of XP. Only one Halo title had a playlist that provided that which was Halo Reach’s Griftball. Assuming you were able to attain a full lobby that was willing to work with everyone that participated. Otherwise, the rest of Halo 5’s playlists, aside from certain ones, are not beneficial for those that are interested in reaching the Max rank.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Sounds to me like you just want to game the system.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > You don’t really get anything special for 152. The real reward for getting there are the friends you make along the way, so rushing through by taking an easy route defeats the purpose. But, anyway, as I mentioned, there are plenty of ways to get xp as the game currently is.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > For example, WZFF is great for xp, as is Infection, and every featured playlist. And, you can get good amounts of xp from everything else assuming you actually us xp boosters, which you should never actually run out of.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > If they made it easy to reach 152, then what would the point be? I wouldn’t want that.
> > > > >
> > > > > My interpretation is based on providing playlists a reward that benefits both the winning team and loosing team especially when the player takes into consideration how many hours the overall grind takes, which is way too long and tedious.
> > > > >
> > > > > The example you have provided demonstrates exactly the reason why I executed my interpretation the way I did. The Players who want to grind for Max rank shouldn’t be restricted by three or four playlists, they should be experiencing more opportunities to achieve more XP then what is currently provided.
> > > > >
> > > > > I’m not saying they should make reaching rank 152 “easy,” I am saying they should provide the players more avenues for earning a high amount of XP. Especially since we don’t have thorough daily challenges.
> > > >
> > > > Alright, it would be fair to even the playing field between the playlists, but even so, it’s not like I exclusively grinded those playlists to get to 152. Like I said, always use xp boosts and you’ll be fine no matter the playlist. What I did is play arena until I ran out of arena xp boosts, then swap to wz until I ran out of xp boosts for that. By the time you’ve used up all your boosts for one of the two types, you should have more for the other.
> > > >
> > > > Also, just playing whatever’s fun for you at the time is the real best way to grind, not just going for the big xp playlists. Burnout is a real thing and to get to 152 you want to minimize that.
> > >
> > > You as an individual may not have grinded those playlists exclusively but I’m sure a variety of people have because of that draw in.
> > >
> > > The method you use is a decent method however, that doesn’t excuse how less XP is earned per match. But instead encourages a vies able possiblity where the next Halo title has the same exact system.
> >
> > But those players just have to realize that what playlist they’re in doesn’t really matter. Also, my method forces players to vary their playlists between arena/warzone, so that seems pretty good to me.
> >
> > And, how is the current method any better than what you mentioned earlier about griffball being the best playlist in previous titles? Doesn’t that just force players into Griffball over other playlists? The only “fair” option I see would be to make all playlists give the same average xp/hour, which they already sort of do. The length of matches does influence the amount of xp you get, but not entirely.
>
> I understand your method forces the player to vary there skills, however if the Ranked, Social, and war zone playlists provided a high amount of XP, but not to the point where it’s too much, in the first place then Halo 5’s current matchmaking XP system would be much more beneficial to the time these players invest.
> I used Griff Ball as example of a playlist that provides a heavy amount of XP, I did say it was the best playlist to grind for XP in Halo Reach not that it was the best playlist in terms of an objective standpoint.

You’re still just saying you want it to be easier to level up though.