A positive (reward) way to prevent quitting....

A majority of people seem to not like the Ban Hammer as a method of deterring quitters. What about turning it around?

Instead of a “stick” how about using a “carrot”?

343i can created a special armour—maybe an unique Achilles variant—that will be awarded to individuals who play 1000 consecutive Arena games with less than 10 DNF’s in their record.

I bet there would be a huge increase in people playing with complete teams in Arena and quitting becoming far less frequent. Also, as a side benefit, players would experience what true competition would be like and see their true stats.

Thoughts?

> 2535450449120712;1:
> A majority of people seem to not like the Ban Hammer as a method of deterring quitters. What about turning it around?
>
> Instead of a “stick” how about using a “carrot”?
>
> 343i can created a special armour—maybe an unique Achilles variant—that will be awarded to individuals who play 1000 consecutive Arena games with less than 10 DNF’s in their record.
>
> I bet there would be a huge increase in people playing with complete teams in Arena and quitting becoming far less frequent. Also, as a side benefit, players would experience what true competition would be like and see their true stats.
>
> Thoughts?

What if people already have over 10 DNFs? They’re a bit -Yoink!- with getting the armour, ain’t they?

That would just make it so people with unstable connection would get really, really pissed.

yea but atleast its a positive notion towards something. this has been one of the better ideas ive heard of. or make it after ten games in a row completed you get 1/100 then after another 10 you would be at 2/100. make it a commendations like that. the only thing is once they get the commendation there is no incentive to stay in the game

Arena farming confirmed.

> 2535433846507696;5:
> Arena farming confirmed.

THis haha

> 2533274801472802;3:
> That would just make it so people with unstable connection would get really, really pissed.

I agree, like me.

> 2535421972749089;7:
> > 2533274801472802;3:
> > That would just make it so people with unstable connection would get really, really pissed.
>
>
> I agree, like me.

Sure, always some people will be affected, but this is the same as people not in a competitive spartan company or who are getting farmed in Warzone being pissed off.

There will always be a population not happy. Then make it cumulative. first 1000 matches completed.

Could be implemented like the daily, weekly rewards in the past Halos. Could be based on emblems and XP give outs.

> 2533274832649822;6:
> > 2535433846507696;5:
> > Arena farming confirmed.
>
>
> THis haha

Ahhh…but the losing side gets the SAME reward after the same number of games. It is, for all intense purposes, really a participation reward…

> 2533274939018653;2:
> > 2535450449120712;1:
> > A majority of people seem to not like the Ban Hammer as a method of deterring quitters. What about turning it around?
> >
> > Instead of a “stick” how about using a “carrot”?
> >
> > 343i can created a special armour—maybe an unique Achilles variant—that will be awarded to individuals who play 1000 consecutive Arena games with less than 10 DNF’s in their record.
> >
> > I bet there would be a huge increase in people playing with complete teams in Arena and quitting becoming far less frequent. Also, as a side benefit, players would experience what true competition would be like and see their true stats.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
>
> What if people already have over 10 DNFs? They’re a bit -Yoink!- with getting the armour, ain’t they?

It would start from an announcement date and carry forward.

One of the best ideas I have heard

So basically getting rewarded for something youre suppose to do. hell no

Just make a monthly/weekly commendation win/lose 100 matches that rewards four Gold Packs, If you quit it pushes back progress.

> 2533274891097288;12:
> So basically getting rewarded for something youre suppose to do. hell no

YES EXACTLY. Something you’re SUPPOSED to do and CLEARLY people are not because they are not mature enough to do so.

But, just like children, you need to provide them some kind of incentive/punishment to get them to do what their SUPPOSED to do. So, like children, we have to provide the kids who do behave with a lollipop and the others can complain “why didn’t I get one?” and realize it was because of their choices and behaviour.

Isn’t it embarrassing that we even have these conversations about quitting, betraying on purpose, farming? if we all acted like adults, these conversations would be non-existent.

Again, the community is reaping the rewards of what it has sown.

Slot Machine like in Reach at the end of each round that gets better after every completed match in a row.

There should be a completion bonus that grows with match completion streaks.
The only problem is the connection issues that drop people are never going to be fixed and there are already to many ways that hinders an idea like that.
Things like lag outs into bans, losing req boosts and just playing with people teleporting due to lag is too prevalent.