A plea for Halo 4 SWAT!

Please, 343i, PLEASE bring back Halo 3’s iteration of SWAT. Most importantly, spawning with 1x frag grenade. Reach’s SWAT became lousy with campers (i.e. Sword Base elevator room, for one thing) due to not being able to send a 'nade up to discourage them from sitting there all day.

True, if you’re fast enough you can still get in there and kill one or two people, but that relies heavily on HOST/connection, as well as how many of the opposing teammates are in there. Spawning with a grenade will definitely make things a lot better, faster paced, and more tactical. SWAT used to be one of a few favourite playlists of mine, but with Reach, I started playing it less and less due to camping and the repetitive nature.

Besides: what SWAT team doesn’t have at least ONE grenade? Think about it.

Also, choice of either DMR or BR would be awesome as well, being that they’re both in the game and all.

People camping in SWAT? Not sure one grenade is going to change that.

I disliked a lot of things about halo reach… but i love reach team swat. It required imense skill and was perfect with the dmr. No change.

> People camping in SWAT? Not sure one grenade is going to change that.

An easy overkill could change quite a bit in the game.

SWAT was the only awesome multiplayer in Reach. The only problems associated with it were a result of poor map and spawn location designs. With hopefully better maps in H4 I would absolutely love to see SWAT included. I would also leave it just the way it was with the possible addition of being able to use any human weapon set(not including power weapons).

My idea of awesome H4 SWAT:
No overshields
No grenades
No armor abilities
No Radar
Any Human weapon loadout including custom / build your own.
weapons: Magnum, AR, BR, DMR, Shotgun, SAW maybe(not sure of the power on this one)

> SWAT was the only awesome multiplayer in Reach. The only problems associated with it were a result of poor map and spawn location designs. With hopefully better maps in H4 I would absolutely love to see SWAT included. I would also leave it just the way it was with the possible addition of being able to use any human weapon set(not including power weapons).
>
> My idea of awesome H4 SWAT:
> No overshields
> No grenades
> No armor abilities
> No Radar
> Any Human weapon loadout including custom / build your own.
> weapons: Magnum, AR, BR, DMR, Shotgun, SAW maybe(not sure of the power on this one)

My wishlist:

No shields
1X Frag Grenade
No Armor Abilities (Except Sprint, of course)
No Radar
Weapons: BR, DMR, Magnum, Shotgun (2 per map, 8-12 rounds each, spawns every 90 seconds)
and Sniper (1 Sniper Rifle per map, 1 clip [ie. 4 shots] only, spawns every 120 seconds).
Headshots = Instant Kill

Also, improve the hit-box so that shooting in the back of the head isn’t next-to-impossible. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve unloaded half/full clip into the back of someone’s head, only to have them keep trotting along. I know my aim isn’t bad; it’s dead-on any other angle. But soon as their back is turned, it becomes 20x harder to kill them. It should be equally as easy/hard to kill someone from behind as it is from the front.

> People camping in SWAT? Not sure one grenade is going to change that.

This just tells me you never played Halo 3. It drastically changes things. Instead of having to go into a room (again, like the elevator/lift room on Sword Base) and sacrifice yourself for 1, maybe 2 kills, you can quickly walk by and drop a nade in there, or send one up the lift (as can your teammates), and PRESTO: room pacified. It encourages people to keep moving and control the map via tactics and teamwork, rather than just finding a spot and learning to press the trigger without barely moving. That’s annoying, and it’s hardly a display of skill.

Better yet, have SWAT be it’s own variant, with several sub-playlists involved:

SWAT (with 1X Frag, DMR, BR, Magnum, etc.)
SWAT Magnums (same as SWAT, only just Magnums & 1X Frag)
SWAT Pro (DMR & BR only, no nades)
SWAT FFA (Same as SWAT, only no teams; everyone against everyone)

I think SWAT is beloved enough to deserve something like this…

Players camp in SWAT because most Reach maps are poorly designed. The only two maps that are truely fit for SWAT are Arena Zealot and Asylum.

No grenades.
No burst fire weapons.

No, grenades in SWAT are a pain. It’s supposed to be about precision, not splash damage.

Swat should be like this:

Swat Singles- DMR or Carbine starts

BR Swat- BR starts

Secondary Swat- Magnum or Boltshot starts

As for the Light Rifle I think it should be a pick up in the Singles and BR swat I suggested. I say this because it’s capable of both bust fire and single shots making it easily the most versatile weapon for swat. It has too many advantages for that game type to be able to spawn with it.

Please no SWAT Magnums. We finally have enough precision weapons that we don’t need to use the frustration inducing Magnum. I’ll use the Magnum for it’s correct purpose: when I run out of bullets in a firefight.

> Players camp in SWAT because most Reach maps are poorly designed. The only two maps that are truely fit for SWAT are Arena Zealot and Asylum.
>
> No grenades.
> No burst fire weapons.

Asylum is really not even a Halo: Reach map, per se. But I will admit that it’s an awesome SWAT map. It’s much tougher to camp on that map.

Arena Zealot is the same; tough to camp, but it’s also ridiculously easy. It’s basically “who pulls the trigger first” the whole game, because everyone just runs in circles rather than tactically moving around the map, therefore I don’t fancy it quite as much as Asylum.

One thing is certain: Power House is my least favourite Halo map. Ever. It’s absolutely horrid and I wish it never existed. It baffles me that people vote for it. Then again, I never liked Zanzibar/Last Resort either, and that seems to STILL be a fan-favourite, so I guess it’s just me.

Conversely, I loved Construct, yet I hear so many people complain about it. shrug

> No, grenades in SWAT are a pain. It’s supposed to be about precision, not splash damage.

Reach SWAT was the first to introduce “no-nades”, so realistically speaking, SWAT is supposed to have nades.

It’s not about precision only; Think about a real SWAT team: they have grenades, flashbangs, etc. Those are PARTS of precision tactics. You really think a SWAT team would not use a flashbang/some sort of explosive if 4 hostiles were post up in a room somewhere and they were told to “shoot to kill”? Of course they would.

All I’m saying is Halo 3’s SWAT was a lot less stale; people moved around more, the pace was faster, the action was more intense, and it took a lot more skill to be aware of your surroundings. Now, with both the BR and the DMR, it’d be even more intense (my biggest gripe about H3 SWAT was that the BR was pretty crap at long distances; the DMR fixes that).

> Please no SWAT Magnums. We finally have enough precision weapons that we don’t need to use the frustration inducing Magnum. I’ll use the Magnum for it’s correct purpose: when I run out of bullets in a firefight.

It wouldn’t be bad, except the Reach Magnum is absolute crap. If it were Halo: CE Magnum, then it’d be interesting.

Reach was also the first Halo to introduce Sprint but that was a good addition. Removal of grenades and introduction of a semi auto rifle gave the playlist more definition. You can only inflict damage in a pinpoint small aoe but if dealt accurately you can kill someone.

> > No, grenades in SWAT are a pain. It’s supposed to be about precision, not splash damage.
>
> Reach SWAT was the first to introduce “no-nades”, so realistically speaking, SWAT is supposed to have nades.
>
> It’s not about precision only; Think about a real SWAT team: they have grenades, flashbangs, etc. Those are PARTS of precision tactics. You really think a SWAT team would not use a flashbang/some sort of explosive if 4 hostiles were post up in a room somewhere and they were told to “shoot to kill”? Of course they would.
>
> All I’m saying is Halo 3’s SWAT was a lot less stale; people moved around more, the pace was faster, the action was more intense, and it took a lot more skill to be aware of your surroundings. Now, with both the BR and the DMR, it’d be even more intense (my biggest gripe about H3 SWAT was that the BR was pretty crap at long distances; the DMR fixes that).

Don’t take the “swat” title to mean anything significant. It isn’t a realistic simulation of SWAT tactics. It is a name that was put on the gametype back when it was still a custom game, something to call it.

Reach took the grenades out and made the game better by doing so.

I think it should simply be SWAT and then you get a 5 types of swat

SWAT BRs
SWAT DMRs
SWAT Magnums
SWAT Carbines
SWAT LRs

> > Players camp in SWAT because most Reach maps are poorly designed. The only two maps that are truely fit for SWAT are Arena Zealot and Asylum.
> >
> > No grenades.
> > No burst fire weapons.
>
> Asylum is really not even a Halo: Reach map, per se. But I will admit that it’s an awesome SWAT map. It’s much tougher to camp on that map.
>
> Arena Zealot is the same; tough to camp, but it’s also ridiculously easy. It’s basically “who pulls the trigger first” the whole game, because everyone just runs in circles rather than tactically moving around the map, therefore I don’t fancy it quite as much as Asylum.
>
> One thing is certain: Power House is my least favourite Halo map. Ever. It’s absolutely horrid and I wish it never existed. It baffles me that people vote for it. Then again, I never liked Zanzibar/Last Resort either, and that seems to STILL be a fan-favourite, so I guess it’s just me.
>
> Conversely, I loved Construct, yet I hear so many people complain about it. shrug

Off topic… But I too loved construct. That was probably in my top 3 halo 3 maps.

On topic, lul why are people suggesting auto weapons in swat

Im curious to see how SWAT will turn out in Halo 4. Will we be able to choose which precision weapon we spawn with or will we all spawn with the same one, and have a map with precision weapons placed on it.