A plea for Comunication on these issues.

Situation is dire when a father of three full time lurker feels the need to post. While I can’t claim that i agree with every request in every “fix the game” thread, there are many issues that need addresing. Please take the time to read this post and respond.

Playlists horribly limited, appear to be not thought out (oddball and koh get seperate playlists, yet no FFA slayer whatsoever?

Join in progress. A feature that has NOT sped up my searches for games in any way yet HAS dumped me into many games that end within 20 seconds of joining

The user interface missing so many key pieces of information, namely why can I not see who is partied up.

SWAT feels so off. BR on small maps allows for ridiculous spray and pray kills and the DMR on complex with an obviously overcompensated aim assist is insane.

Kill cams. If they don’t function properly all they do is serve the purpose of making the player feel like the game screwed them. I can’t imagine you designed them to create resentment towards the game but as they function now (read : they don’t) this will be the outcome

File share not functioning and features being removed from forge? Why no fine zoom and fine tune. Magnets are great when they work, but as any experienced forger knows there are MANY times that you do not want items to line up where the magnets put items. You are alienating an amazing community of creators that will help keep this game fresh with these decisions

And Comunication!!! I understand we are all busy, but coming from a person whose job involves coordinating team work with public demand communication is key!! Even if that communication is simply “we have heard your complaints and are considering them” that is good enough. Providing none is disrespectful to your community to who, whether you like it or not, you are responsible too.

I truely hope someone from 343 takes the time to respond to this or one of the many other complaint threads. I understand adding your own touches to the game, and a lot of those touches are great, but there are some glaring deficiencies that need to be addressed.

I love halo. I hate to,think that one day I may stop playing, but as it stands now, I hate to admit its a more real possibility than it was 1 month ago.

I completely agree with this post.

> And Comunication!!! I understand we are all busy, but coming from a person whose job involves coordinating team work with public demand communication is key!! Even if that communication is simply “we have heard your complaints and are considering them” that is good enough. Providing none is disrespectful to your community to who, whether you like it or not, you are responsible too.

This is the most important part. 343 needs to give someone the job of actually responding to the community’s feedback. It should be made clear what 343’s stance is on the issues, even if they don’t plan on making certain changes that we’re asking for, as a matter of courtesy to the community they should keep us informed. The best game developers already do this.

Very fine points…remember that 343 is not Bungie. Bungie was much more responsive.

We only want them to respond but they wont, its actually quite saddening makes me wish bungie were here.

I agree absolutely with everything you’re saying. Except I personally do like the way Swat plays. But I appreciate that different players have different opinions, and I respect yours.

More to the point about 343 being more active in the community though. I really wish 343 would hire someone to be in the forums full time. At least during the crucial months around launch. I see all these threads with no answers . . .

I do think BS Angel is doing a pretty good job. But what posts she makes get buried pretty quickly, because there’s no tagging system for these forums when a 343 employee makes a post. Angel mentioned that hopefully they will be implementing something like that soon. Hopefully that will be the case, but we’ll have to see.

I go to here profile page here on 343, and check out her “last 10 posts” pretty often. https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_profile4408.aspx It’s nice to see she does respond sometimes.

In a one of her posts that is now buried, she mentioned that most of her effort goes toward the weekly bulletins. And replying to people on her twitter account: https://twitter.com/bsangel

While I do wish she would make more posts in the 343 forums, I can’t really blame her for using twitter more. It’s much easier for people to go way back and see all the posts she’s made over there.

Hopefully we will see some improvements soon man!

You hit it on the head here. Hire someone to monitor these forums. Heck, pay a student 100 a day for the first month. Data collection only, they could make you pivot tables and. Gant charts on a daily basis, 343 could have a detailed look at prevailing issues in a quick easy to view format, how is that not worth 3000$. Pay me, I’ll do it.

Raiker excellent post. I agree on nearly every aspect. Personally I like oddball except for the horribly short win time needed and hate King right now so I’m glad it is separated, although this will soon be merged I’m sure.

Join in progress GAH!! Man I soooooo WANT to like this aspect but you’re right man. For every newish game it throws me in there is a 75% chance the game is unwinable or literally over. Threw me in an oddball game last night, score was (234-55) guess which side I was on…

Swat did feel off to me when I first started playing the H4 version but this, I personally think, is due to instant respawns and the massive aim assist.

Kill cams I think work for some people but I’m sure the internet speeds have to be insane. I personally have a boolshizzle DSL connection with max speed of 1.4Mbps and the cams have NEVER been accurate. The only thing I use them for is to see where the person came from.

File share not working properly, among other things, just tells me that the game was rushed… Probably from someone who writes checks and obviously is disconnected with the consumers. Or maybe not, who the hell knows anymore… the more intelligent these posts get the more I worry that the smart ones are the minority and the real demographic is 8-14 yr olds who know nothing of what Halo CE was and what Halo 2 or Bungie did for the genre.

It seems to me that the loyalists are the most frustrated because they(we) see how much potential this game actually has. Maybe we are going about these posts all wrong and should just fill them with shts, fcks, and moderator flaming to get noticed…

Thanks. As to the kill cam, my Internet speed is 100mb/s down and 5 mb/s up and I still have kill cam issues. Could be that others in the game with slow speeds throw them off, but if this is the case get rid of them. And for that matter get rid of them in SWAT anyways. It ruins the sneaky swat feeling when you get to see where your killer was after every death.

In the weekly bulletin that just got released, BS Angel said that they “welcomed a new member to our sustain team on Monday.” So hopefully that means an actual employee will be posting in the forums more.

I agree on the swat front, it is not nearly as skillful as it has been in past games. It’s still fun but its not on the level it should be. The files share not working is a bad sign but doesn’t bother me since I’m not real big on posting videos and such, but I understand the frustration of those who do.

I agree with this post, but I CANNOT be the obly one that gets this awful awful lag… the lag needs to be thrown in your post and I would be with you 100%.

They should be monitoring… But my friend said he met Frankie in seattle, and he daid everytime someone would question their work, he would go in defensive emotional mode.

FFA Slayer +1 to this post

My biggest complaint by far is the lack of communication from 343 on major issues. Not even a " we’re workin on it". Microsoft has made their money but if they want players to come back for 5 issues need addressing. How can the fileshare system still be broken!?!?

Invade you’ve been napping 343, take a look at the average online population. It’s dwindling. Get it together. Your loyal fans deserve better customer service and transparency than this.

I agree with many of these issues. As a loyal fan of Halo multiplayer I’ll stay posted to see how 343 updates and progresses. I’d also like to see more of a bungie-esque community with more moderators stepping in and letting us know what you guys are doing to make the game better. We already payed for it (well most of it), so you don’t have to keep us in the dark about certain things. Step it up 343! This game is amazing, it just needs more of a competitive core and more community.

> Situation is dire when a father of three full time lurker feels the need to post. While I can’t claim that i agree with every request in every “fix the game” thread, there are many issues that need addresing. Please take the time to read this post and respond.
>
> Playlists horribly limited, appear to be not thought out (oddball and koh get seperate playlists, yet no FFA slayer whatsoever?
>
> Join in progress. A feature that has NOT sped up my searches for games in any way yet HAS dumped me into many games that end within 20 seconds of joining
>
> The user interface missing so many key pieces of information, namely why can I not see who is partied up.
>
> SWAT feels so off. BR on small maps allows for ridiculous spray and pray kills and the DMR on complex with an obviously overcompensated aim assist is insane.
>
> Kill cams. If they don’t function properly all they do is serve the purpose of making the player feel like the game screwed them. I can’t imagine you designed them to create resentment towards the game but as they function now (read : they don’t) this will be the outcome
>
> File share not functioning and features being removed from forge? Why no fine zoom and fine tune. Magnets are great when they work, but as any experienced forger knows there are MANY times that you do not want items to line up where the magnets put items. You are alienating an amazing community of creators that will help keep this game fresh with these decisions
>
> And Comunication!!! I understand we are all busy, but coming from a person whose job involves coordinating team work with public demand communication is key!! Even if that communication is simply “we have heard your complaints and are considering them” that is good enough. Providing none is disrespectful to your community to who, whether you like it or not, you are responsible too.
>
> I truely hope someone from 343 takes the time to respond to this or one of the many other complaint threads. I understand adding your own touches to the game, and a lot of those touches are great, but there are some glaring deficiencies that need to be addressed.
>
> I love halo. I hate to,think that one day I may stop playing, but as it stands now, I hate to admit its a more real possibility than it was 1 month ago.

Yeah that last part is the way I feel. Love halo but sometimes you just have to give up when its not the same thing anymore.

Having a large community should seriously make an impact on 343’s decision making. The problem however, this community has no coordination. So it’s too difficult to get a common statement from us about what we want for our game.

If we would be able to do something like sending out 50K tweets with everyone saying something like: “listen to the community @Halo4”…and demand for a community survey, that would actually give some results. But this is probably never going to happen… :frowning:

The problem with sending a coordinated message is that of all the people that play halo 4, the percentage of those players that come to message boards and read and post is miniscule. Not even 1 % I’d be willing to wager. Now 343 can look at that and say “well only 1%” of people appear to have a problem with the game, however that is a plain foolish assumption that is the equivalent to sticking your head in the sand. Now let me clarify. I am NOT saying that that is there opinion. I’m saying that that would be a foolish opinion. A smart thing to do would be to look at these boards as a sampling of your overall population. A poll for example. Then respond accordingly. I asked for a plea for communication, I’m very disappointed to see that so far it has gone unheard. This was the most professional and mature method I could think of to voice my complaints and I have been stonewalled along with the rest of the community.

As to getting a coordinated message across, you need to reach those players who who do not read the message boards. The 99%. I think the best way to do that would be to use Microsofts own system. Somebody needs to organize WHAT message they want to send (I’d suggest a day of everyone reverting to Halo reach or Halo 3 as I’ve seen elsewhere in the forum) Set a date. Then spread the word via xbox live to all your friends and asking them to spread the same message to all their friends and so on. You will never get 100% penetration, but I think this message might just reach a lot more people and actually have a chance for success.

I agree with all, but especially the main issue of communication.

> I agree with this post, but I CANNOT be the obly one that gets this awful awful lag… the lag needs to be thrown in your post and I would be with you 100%.
>
> They should be monitoring… But my friend said he met Frankie in seattle, and he daid everytime someone would question their work, he would go in defensive emotional mode.

I get bad lag in a lot of games too, more than reach.