A playlist that requires mics?

Is that possible in Halo 4?

Likely, but what is to stop people from plugging their mic in, finding a match, then unplugging it or simply not talking?

Also, I don’t want to be forced to listen to some person screaming at their death in their Kinect mic.

> Likely, but what is to stop people from plugging their mic in, finding a match, then unplugging it or simply not talking?
>
> Also, I don’t want to be forced to listen to some person screaming at their death in their Kinect mic.

You took the exact words out of my mouth.

you don’t think they will just mute everyone but their party members?

that’s what happened when mw2 did this.

That playlist will be a giant troll bait area.

> you don’t think they will just mute everyone but their party members?
>
> that’s what happened when mw2 did this.

This^^^

I do it in Counter Strike Go anytime me and my friends are on, people playing music or someone screaming at everyone else for their deaths and mistakes is just plain irritating.

They should just have an optional filter that will prioritize or deprioritize players with mics.

If they went with a playlist that required mics I don’t see why people in this thread seem to think they’d be forced into it, as if there wouldn’t be however many other playlists that didn’t require a mic.

> Likely, but what is to stop people from plugging their mic in, finding a match, then unplugging it or simply not talking?
>
> Also, I don’t want to be forced to listen to some person screaming at their death in their Kinect mic.

OMG I hate that (damn I want to swear so bad) Kinect mic. I mute everyone who uses that stupid thing, even if it’s friends.

OT: No, I shouldn’t be forced to be in game chat just to play a playlist. MW2 Hardcore all over again.

[deleted]

The only way it could really be feasible is if 343 puts in some sort of Pinning Animation with the Flood forms or Ai that forces players to rely on each other. Even then it’s a hit and miss with who you play with. In L4D if you didn’t have a mic you would usually get booted pretty quick so another talkative player could take your place. I don’t It see it really happening for Halo.

> you don’t think they will just mute everyone but their party members?
>
> that’s what happened when mw2 did this.

If they had no intention of speaking to their team mates why would they go into a playlist where microphones are mandatory?

The OP doesn’t seem to be suggesting every playlist should require mics, but rather asking if it would be possible that 343 could create a playlist that would require them.

there would be a problem with mic only playlists.

asdfhsdjbvgf;laEJLVHJKAS;KLDFJ;ASIOHJFKJEHKJHWJhasldfhaklejifjdknvnaeuicnksudfhjadfaeghrthshtyjkokpg,hjmdgawerfgbthaldfkjaesfhsjdvhalkrjhfklasfhesdlfja;eisjflsafj;dlifhal;eifjdlafsdjkhaseklfkfjaslefjisfasdfrgfscgusdfjkwahul;dhaldfkjailesadfhlijase;flkdja;seifheasdfhsdjbvgf;laEJLVHJKAS;KLDFJ;ASIOHJFKJEHKJHWJhasldfhaklejifjdknvnaeuicnksudfhjadfaeghrthshtyjkokpg,hjmdgawerfgbthaldfkjaesfhsjdvhalkrjhfklasfhesdlfja;eisjflsafj;dlifhal;eifjdlafsdjkhaseklfkfjaslefjisfasdfrgfscgusdfjkwahul;dhaldfkjailesadfhlijase;flkdja;seifheasdfhsdjbvgf;laEJLVHJKAS;KLDFJ;ASIOHJFKJEHKJHWJhasldfhaklejifjdknvnaeuicnksudfhjadfaeghrthshtyjkokpg,hjmdgawerfgbthaldfkjaesfhsjdvhalkrjhfklasfhesdlfja;eisjflsafj;dlifhal;eifjdlafsdjkhaseklfkfjaslefjisfasdfrgfscgusdfjkwahul;dhaldfkjailesadfhlijase;flkdja;seifhemic spammers

>

Totally Agree With That Last Bit. Some People Can Just Be Annoying As Hell. Not Everybody Deserves The Ability To Use A Mic.

Besides, What If Your Mic Craps Out On You During Gameplay? You’d Kinda Be Forced Into Buying A New Mic Just So You Could Keep Playing That Specific Playlist. Some People Are Scrapping The Table Just Getting The Regular Copy Of The Game, Let Alone Forcing Them To Buy Extra Stuff.

Nice Idea, Just Wouldn’t Really Work.

I don’t wanna hear lil kids singing Call Me Maybe while I’m in mah Killin Zone.

No spank you.

> I don’t wanna hear lil kids singing Call Me Maybe while I’m in mah Killin Zone.

LMFAO