A note on camping

I have been mulling this over for a while. I want to say that camping is a viable tactic and here is why.

there are many factors that go into successfully camping.

1. knowing the map. knowing where the good places to camp are is important. camp in a place with limited access so you know which way your enemy will approach from. also if your team is effective have someone watching in a direction that you cannot watch for yourself.

2. know when to move. if it is not a position that is secure than after killing one or two players its time to move on. if the other team is effective together they will overpower your position.

3. know the best weapon for your position. if you have a shot gun obviously don’t take a high position because you limit your kills and effective range (big DUH there). but its more than just the obvious it takes knowledge of the map and which weapons are best for that map and position.

4. stealth. this is also a duh. if everyone can see you or if you are spotted when moving to your position than you are compromised and the camp is less effective.

these are all factors that a skilled and knowledgeable player can use to his or her advantage. These are not NOOB tactics. randomly running and gunning without knowing your enemy is a NOOB tactic. A good player knows his strength and weaknesses in different situations.

Just because someone cannot out gun you face to face is not a sign of a bad player. Adapting and overcoming is key. If the player knows he cannot achieve the win by consistently running face to face with his enemy then he will adapt a strategy that will even the odds or give him the advantage over the run and gun style.

It can be argued that teams holding key positions on the map for the win can be camping yet it is a key strategy for many maps and MLG players do not hesitate to use it. I have also noticed that people who complain about campers will they themselves use it when pressed for a win or other bad circumstances.

If you and your team cannot adapt to this than you need to reassess your strategies.

Now it is time for the trolls and ignorant to post ranting statements about noobs that cannot make a valid argument to the contrary. Remember your gamertag appears beside your remarks so we know who the truly ignorant people are. All others who can have a sensible debate are welcome.

I camp a lot in Dominion since my teammates are ignorant and leave the base alone 90% of the time. So I camp where unlimited power weapons spawn. I can usually score really well that way too.

Camping for me has always been a legit tactic. And RvB has proved.
“Its a legitimate strategy”

Of course its a legit strategy

Camping is basically Zone defending, this is my zone, and I am defending it. Its a tactic used in most team sports, why should online gaming be different

the beauty about campers is, they are always in the same place…easy to find :slight_smile:

that’s why its good to haul -Yoink- after a couple of kills and don’t camp the same place more than once in one game. :slight_smile:

I agree with OP.

When holding down a base in Dominion, for example, employing the legit camping tactic and moving after one or two kills often sees you defend the base and go several kills before you are killed (if at all). Employed properly, strategic movement camping can make a difference between a win or loss in objective games like CTF, Dominion and Extraction.

There is a skill to defensive camping effectively. Many camp but not all are actually good at it. It is a skill like any other.

Camping is detailed in both the Halo Reach and Halo 4 Guide books as a legitimate tactic.

Cheers

PS

I am not a camper across all game types. I have a camper/defensive loadout for CTF, Dominion and Extraction. I also have an offensive loadout for those game types and use either depending on the situation. For example, if someone has a power weapon on our team and he or she is indicating they’ll defend, I’ll go offensive instead of camp/defense.

Like its been said allreayd camping is a stratagy that players use when the have weapons one would camp with. All comes down to the players play style. SOme run and gun, others sneak, and others snipe. Never will change

“And RvB has proved”.

RVB is crap.

Camping and defending a position are two different things. Camping is bad.

Defending a base, or a particular area, is fine.

your not offering and argument for why camping is bad. Your just stating your opinion. Please give more detail why you think it is bad.

> “And RvB has proved”.
>
> RVB is crap.
>
> Camping and defending a position are two different things. Camping is bad.
>
> Defending a base, or a particular area, is fine.

bless

ChainSmokingBob, the very nature of remaining in one dedicated area to defend a base/objective is in of itself camping. Remaining in one location and not straying more than 10-20 meters in any direction in the defense of a base/objective is camping. Camping and defense are not mutually exclusive.

> ChainSmokingBob, the very nature of remaining in one dedicated area to defend a base/objective is in of itself camping. Remaining in one location and not straying more than 10-20 meters in any direction in the defense of a base/objective is camping. Camping and defense are not mutually exclusive.

True but both stratagies can be used. Camping has allways been in FPS and isnt going anywhere

Only one cuestion.

A BTB game with 16 camo campers is funny?

LMAO, yes!

> Only one cuestion.
>
> A BTB game with 16 camo campers is funny?

Hell yeah that would be hilarious to post on youtube! LMAO

> “And RvB has proved”.
>
> RVB is crap.
>
> Camping and defending a position are two different things. Camping is bad.
>
> Defending a base, or a particular area, is fine.

I can tell you’re new around here.

“RvB is crap.”

It was a joke they made back in Season 2 or 3, where they were found themselves in an online game, and this one guy was camping.

I have found with instant respawn sometimes you are almost force to “camp” after you kill an enemy or two. This is because, boom, you kill an enemy player, he wants his revenge so on a smaller map like Adrift he will sprint back over there while your shield is recharging, now, since you are already in a good position while you waited for your shield to recharge your last victim comes running blindly looking for his revenge so you kill him again, wash rinse repeat.

There should be scoring system for bad campers.

-5 points for not using AA Efficiency to instantly reenter camo when available.

-5 points for moving more than 20 meters any direction from your initial camp spot.

-10 points for daring to stand (not move) and thus leave the standard crouch camping position.

-15 points for actually standing and moving (when crouching and moving in camo is preferred method of all good campers).

-25 points for killing another camper - ie betraying your own endangered kind - deserves a kill camping betrayal boot.

For good campers,

there should be the camo camper kill streak medal, camo camper multi kill meadals and the coveted camo campers perfection medal.

Hahaha ok guys im a troll here… Rambo is a camper for me! O.o

Camp is legit but I hate. :wink:

Man, I miss camping yellow lift on Sword Base with the sword / shotgun / grenade launcher in Reach. So many multikills / killstreaks :slight_smile:

I haven’t found a spot that good in H4 yet… any ideas?

Yes, camping is a strategy for players who suck in face to face combat. These guys can be found hiding with their DMR and BS and stickie grenades while being invisible. Unfortunately this describes 85% of the players on Halo 4. Which is why it’s not only the fastest dying Halo game but by far the easiest.