A note about Team Killing for Halo 4

Something I’ve often wondered about in Halo is this: Why is Team Killing allowed in every mode of play offered? I know I’m not the only person who has been turned away by crappy players and trolls in the community that exploit the fact that at any time you can choose to turn on your fellow players and kill them. To me, allowing this to continue serves no purpose in the halo universe. The only things that I see from Betrayals are upset players and weakened teams. So why does this continue? Frankly I can’t imagine that it survived till this long.

Its called “friendly fire”. Contrary to popular belief it is not there for realism it is there to try and controll grenade spam , and make things interesting when combat becomes close. If you are going to shoot into a melee you better be blam sure you can hit your target.

Unfortunately , at all but the highest levels of play , it results in exactly what you are speaking of …for all the obvious reasons I don’t want to list and insult people with my personal bias…

but I feel you. Although I think it is necesarry (FF) to create more skilled players.

it has its pros and cons, like mentioned it will make u better and watch ur shots but at the same time some stupid piece of -Yoink- teamkilling a hole who wants ur gun so he HAS to kill u, that pisses me off

I met a teammate who killed me once for a sniper rifle. I messaged him later about it and he said " I was going to die if I didn’t get to use it."

Kicking somebody from the team is a matter the entire team should be concerned about. Not one person, I think that your team should have a vote-kick option when somebody is betrayed.

> Kicking somebody from the team is a matter the entire team should be concerned about. Not one person, I think that your team should have a vote-kick option when somebody is betrayed.

And if it happens to be that your team consists of a three person party and just you. Then you want to get rid of one of the three party members. Doubt the other two would be happy about that.

Turn friendly fire on for ranked. Turn it off for social.

> I met a teammate who killed me once for a sniper rifle. I messaged him later about it and he said " I was going to die if I didn’t get to use it."

the classic ill die if i cant use it bs, i just -Yoinking!- LOVE hearing those

> Kicking somebody from the team is a matter the entire team should be concerned about. Not one person, I think that your team should have a vote-kick option when somebody is betrayed.

agreed. in halo 3 i was demoted level due to my team in general getting the ID 10 T error and me shooting a fusion coil. killed one teammate one time and he kicked me. in swat i panic fired and killed a teammate accidentally so i get booted. if the whole team had to vote revenge booting would go down and accidents wouldn’t be an insta kick.

I, and the majority, wouldn’t like friendly fire to be turned off for multiple reason that you’re probably aware of.

But if the betrayal system is trash like Reach’s and hasn’t been refined, then I want friendly fire turned off in all matchmaking games in Halo 4. Seriously, it ruined my Reach experience. Today I got betrayed well over one hundred times for no reasons, power weapons and vehicles with no option to boot. It ruins the game.

> I, and the majority, wouldn’t like friendly fire to be turned off for multiple reason that you’re probably aware of.
>
> But if the betrayal system is trash like Reach’s and hasn’t been refined, then I want friendly fire turned off in all matchmaking games in Halo 4. Seriously, it ruined my Reach experience. Today I got betrayed well over one hundred times for no reasons, power weapons and vehicles with no option to boot. It ruins the game.

if only they gave u a revenge kill option to kill them once to get revenge and if they kill u again then boot their damn -Yoink- out of the game and i agree reachs was garbage u had some -Yoink- and trash BK randys betray u, great job bungie i salute u on that -Yoinking!- load of trash

> Its called “friendly fire”. Contrary to popular belief it is not there for realism it is there to try and controll grenade spam , and make things interesting when combat becomes close. If you are going to shoot into a melee you better be blam sure you can hit your target.
>
> Unfortunately , at all but the highest levels of play , it results in exactly what you are speaking of …for all the obvious reasons I don’t want to list and insult people with my personal bias…
>
>
>
>
> but I feel you. Although I think it is necesarry (FF) to create more skilled players.

Limiting grenade spam doesn’t make a lot of sense, to be honest. There are only one or two grenades available to the player when they spawn. It isn’t as if you can freely throw grenades all the time and furthermore if you wanted to limit the spamming of grenades I feel like less should be placed on the map. Still the issue remains.

> > Kicking somebody from the team is a matter the entire team should be concerned about. Not one person, I think that your team should have a vote-kick option when somebody is betrayed.
>
> And if it happens to be that your team consists of a three person party and just you. Then you want to get rid of one of the three party members. Doubt the other two would be happy about that.

I agree with you, making it a team matter would be silly. Also the above response is irrelevant if friendly fire were off, we wouldn’t have to worry about it at all.

Taking friendly fire off will probably add some exploits to be honest. I mean how many times do you encounter someone purposely betraying you? Not to many times.

> Turn friendly fire on for ranked. Turn it off for social.

Honestly? I think you have it backwards. Turning it off for ranked would seriously limit peoples abilities to “de-rank”, also having it turned off in social would lower the level of trolls.

> > Turn friendly fire on for ranked. Turn it off for social.
>
> Honestly? I think you have it backwards. Turning it off for ranked would seriously limit peoples abilities to “de-rank”, also having it turned off in social would lower the level of trolls.

So you’re going to rid of a core aspect of Halo for the sake of the occasional deranker?

> Taking friendly fire off will probably add some exploits to be honest. I mean how many times do you encounter someone purposely betraying you? Not to many times.

I don’t know if you’ve only been playing Firefight and Campaign, or if you’ve magically never had a bad teammate, but whatever imaginary world you live in I’d like to go there. I’ve encountered at least twenty in the past two days. Are you sure your xbox is connected to xbox live?

Friendly fire turned off = Armor Lock spam IMO

You know that time when you’ve got a guy “One-shotted” and he goes AL, then his buddies nade spam, and blow the -YOINK!- out of you; and your one shot runs off into the sunset?

Thats Friendly fire turned off.

(Not fact, just an opinion)

> > > Turn friendly fire on for ranked. Turn it off for social.
> >
> > Honestly? I think you have it backwards. Turning it off for ranked would seriously limit peoples abilities to “de-rank”, also having it turned off in social would lower the level of trolls.
>
> So you’re going to rid of a core aspect of Halo for the sake of the occasional deranker?

I didn’t realize that betraying your teammates was a core aspect of halo.