A new patch for warzone

<p>343 can you please do a patch to where power weapons can be resupplied with ammo but if you die then you lose it. The power weapons are a little undesirable because why choose a Spartan laser if I have enough reqs to spawn in a ghost. Not to mention so many times in that final round people will have tanks and can’t fight the boss because it’s in a building. I think this will make people want to use a power weapon over a vehicle.</p>

Cool. I’ll just keep refilling my nornfang and reupping my camo. :slight_smile:

Nothing game breaking about that.

It’ll help with firefight, don’t think it’s needed in normal Warzone

> 2533274909139271;3:
> It’ll help with firefight, don’t think it’s needed in normal Warzone

Maybe so but still having that in place would be very helpful especially on that final wave.

Use vehicles during firefight, that is just what you are supposed to do. There are times when a laser is ok (Banshee rounds), but mostly use your ghosts, then wraith/tanks

> 2535443837045816;1:
> <p>343 can you please do a patch to where power weapons can be resupplied with ammo but if you die then you lose it. The power weapons are a little undesirable because why choose a Spartan laser if I have enough reqs to spawn in a ghost. Not to mention so many times in that final round people will have tanks and can’t fight the boss because it’s in a building. I think this will make people want to use a power weapon over a vehicle.</p>

You’re only referring to Warzone Firefight, correct?

> 2535431933064458;6:
> > 2535443837045816;1:
> > <p>343 can you please do a patch to where power weapons can be resupplied with ammo but if you die then you lose it. The power weapons are a little undesirable because why choose a Spartan laser if I have enough reqs to spawn in a ghost. Not to mention so many times in that final round people will have tanks and can’t fight the boss because it’s in a building. I think this will make people want to use a power weapon over a vehicle.</p>
>
> You’re only referring to Warzone Firefight, correct?

Yes it’s really needed that mode especially

Not to stray too off-topic, but the Warzone patch I’d like to see is the one that fixes the temporary game freeze when a player leaves early. :frowning:

Make it have a limited resupply so lower tiered weapons can have two resupplies while higher ones like the Nornfang can only have one and also make it only for Firefight. I think powerups should have either one resupply or leave them the same.

The problem is good luck getting an update. There’s probably a zero percent chance of it happening.

But then how would they get players to waste money on REQ packs?

> 2533274824050480;10:
> But then how would they get players to waste money on REQ packs?

Yeah… okay…
Anyways. No that’s alot of coding work to balance it out. Would have to have its own code and not work off of war zone.
Even them would just be over powered. Again just reupping camouflage and norfang all game.

> 2533274874616028;11:
> Again just reupping camouflage and norfang all game.

Put a limit on how many times weapons can be reupped if at all and then you either don’t have that issue or it’s very minimal, but it shouldn’t matter if they keep it in Firefight. They could even make it so resupplying gives less ammo back.

I think you should be able to resupply your ammo for say half the req value (rounded up for req weapons above five). So if a weapon is level 5 req it would be level 3 req to refill it. I think this would be a nice “reward” if you are able to use said req and not die in the process. Now once you die with said req and it’s on the ground it can no longer be re-loaded with ammo.

> 2533274811192667;5:
> Use vehicles during firefight, that is just what you are supposed to do. There are times when a laser is ok (Banshee rounds), but mostly use your ghosts, then wraith/tanks

I’ve come to the same conclusion. Vehicles have infinite ammo, so I think they have greater value in WZFF.

The patch I would like is the ability to hijack vehicles the enemies use, but I understand that would hurt the REQ system. I’ve EMP’d a Phaeton to eject the driver and been able to use it if it doesn’t blow up on occasion.

OP you should have been more clear in the thread title that you were only referring to Warzone Firefight.

And to the people who are saying infinitely refillable active camo and Nornfangs would be game breaking in Warzone Firefight: no it wouldn’t. It would, of course, be overpowered in PvP Warzone, but if you had that in Warzone Firefight, you’d be just about as powerful as if you were in a vehicle. In fact, probably less so, because it would be easier to get killed and you’d be doing less damage per second than if you were in a tank. Damage per second being the important thing if we’re talking about Warzone Firefight, since many of the bosses are bullet sponges. Maybe it would be almost on par with the damage output from a tank if your Nornfang had bottomless clip, but let’s remember it costs as much req energy as an Oni Scorpion, which already has infinite ammo, and offers much more protection from AI enemies than active camo does.

You people are vastly underestimating how much weapons would have to be buffed in order to make them equally as useful as vehicles in Warzone Firefight. Again, not only do vehicles already effectively have bottomless clip, deal more damage per second, and can splatter, but another significant factor that people seem to forget is that they make it much more difficult to get killed by AI enemies. Giving weapons bottomless clip would just be a start towards making them as useful as vehicles are in Warzone Firefight.

> 2533274811192667;5:
> Use vehicles during firefight, that is just what you are supposed to do.

“Supposed to”? Brock Saiyipson, you and I both know that weapons are generally far inferior to vehicles in Warzone Firefight but are you saying that situation was intentional? I can’t bring myself to believe that. It seems to me like the req energy costs for weapons and vehicles were balanced for PvP Warzone, and with the later addition of firefight, they just carried over without any separate PvE balancing. I highly doubt that 343 made weapons useless compared to vehicles in Warzone Firefight because they just wanted us to only use vehicles in it for some reason.

And if it was intentional, then it’s just bad design. Shouldn’t people who play Warzone Firefight be able to wreak havoc with their rare and supposedly valuable Mythic weapons, just like people who play PvP Warzone can? I’m one of those people, and it’s gotten to the point where opening packs and getting Nornfangs and Prophets’ Banes is disappointing for me because they’re pretty much useless in firefight. That’s a sad state of affairs. Warzone Firefight would be much better and more fun if req weapons were useful just like vehicles are.

> 2533274904158628;15:
> OP you should have been more clear in the thread title that you were only referring to Warzone Firefight.
>
> And to the people who are saying infinitely refillable active camo and Nornfangs would be game breaking in Warzone Firefight: no it wouldn’t. It would, of course, be overpowered in PvP Warzone, but if you had that in Warzone Firefight, you’d be just about as powerful as if you were in a vehicle. In fact, probably less so, because it would be easier to get killed and you’d be doing less damage per second than if you were in a tank. Damage per second being the important thing if we’re talking about Warzone Firefight, since many of the bosses are bullet sponges. Maybe it would be almost on par with the damage output from a tank if your Nornfang had bottomless clip, but let’s remember it costs as much req energy as an Oni Scorpion, which already has infinite ammo, and offers much more protection from AI enemies than active camo does.
>
> You people are vastly underestimating how much weapons would have to be buffed in order to make them equally as useful as vehicles in Warzone Firefight. Again, not only do vehicles already effectively have bottomless clip, deal more damage per second, and can splatter, but another significant factor that people seem to forget is that they make it much more difficult to get killed by AI enemies. Giving weapons bottomless clip would just be a start towards making them as useful as vehicles are in Warzone Firefight.
>
>
> > 2533274811192667;5:
> > Use vehicles during firefight, that is just what you are supposed to do.
>
> “Supposed to”? Brock Saiyipson, you and I both know that weapons are generally far inferior to vehicles in Warzone Firefight but are you saying that situation was intentional? I can’t bring myself to believe that. It seems to me like the req energy costs for weapons and vehicles were balanced for PvP Warzone, and with the later addition of firefight, they just carried over without any separate PvE balancing. I highly doubt that 343 made weapons useless compared to vehicles in Warzone Firefight because they just wanted us to only use vehicles in it for some reason.
>
> And if it was intentional, then it’s just bad design. Shouldn’t people who play Warzone Firefight be able to wreak havoc with their rare and supposedly valuable Mythic weapons, just like people who play PvP Warzone can? I’m one of those people, and it’s gotten to the point where opening packs and getting Nornfangs and Prophets’ Banes is disappointing for me because they’re pretty much useless in firefight. That’s a sad state of affairs. Warzone Firefight would be much better and more fun if req weapons were useful just like vehicles are.

I believe it was intentional. The REQ energy, as you stated, was designed for PvP. I believe that the intent was for people to use their vehicles since , as you stated, they have infinite ammo and exponentially greater bang for your buck against the 300-500 enemies you will face during a typical WZFF game. I personally have only used a gavel during firefight for the tougher bosses that are inside bases. Why would you use a level 7 Nornfang on a group of Hunters when a level 6 ultra wraith will do significantly more damage and be more useful.

Your point on WZFF being more fun if weapons were as useful as vehicles, is odd to me. Do you take your Nornfang and try to fight Tankmaster Rok during a normal war zone game? I don’t believe you would. You will more likely use that Nornfang to defeat spartan’s, not an AI Vehicle.

You not liking how the game mode is intended to be played does not mean that the game mode is flawed. If you want to use your Mythic weapons, save them for Monthly Warzone Turbo, or keep feel like you are wasting them (which in my opinion your are) on a WZFF game.

Edit: Nate, apologies for not reading the top half fo your post (prior to you quoting me). It seems you agree with what i am saying relating to vehicles vs weapons. Reach’s firefight had bottom clips and it was fun, but the REQ variants and heavy vehicle usage was not there.

Warzone FF, why would anyone even want to use a weapon when the vehicles supply so much more damage. I mean, even in normal Warzone, I prefer vehicles over weapons. HOWEVER, if you have 5 enemy tanks out and you’re getting shot down instantly, yes, a random weapon to destroy them and get the map more balanced is necessary. The higher req weapons were designed to balance out the game (as stated by multiple people) against vehicle only spawning. However, in FF, how many vehicles are really spawned? Yes, some maps have more than others but I would still say it’s safe to say that MOST of the maps barely have any vehicles where a weapon would be more beneficial than a vehicle of the same caliber (wraith against wraith or mantis against mantis, etc.)

Like I stated before tho, I may be a little biased since I do NOT like to use my own weapon reqs in game. I mean, if I see an answer on the ground I’m gonna for sure go pick it up and use it against the enemy but if I get to choose, I’d rather get a vehicle out and cause chaos in the game lol.

> 2533274815711361;14:
> > 2533274811192667;5:
> >
>
> I’ve EMP’d a Phaeton to eject the driver and been able to use it if it doesn’t blow up on occasion.

Skill dude…skill.

> 2533274819597496;18:
> > 2533274815711361;14:
> > > 2533274811192667;5:
> > >
> >
> > I’ve EMP’d a Phaeton to eject the driver and been able to use it if it doesn’t blow up on occasion.
>
> Skill dude…skill.

When the Phaetons are the target in WZFF, the objective is actually “kill the pilot”, not the vehicle.

If you EMP a Phaeton and it lands not right-side up it will eject the pilot. It’s much easier to kill a regular Promethean Soldier than a Phaeton. Most of the time the vehicle blows up when the pilot ejects, but for whatever reason I’ve seen it not do so too. Give it a try!

> 2533274811192667;16:
> Edit: Nate, apologies for not reading the top half fo your post (prior to you quoting me). It seems you agree with what i am saying relating to vehicles vs weapons. Reach’s firefight had bottom clips and it was fun, but the REQ variants and heavy vehicle usage was not there.

Yeah I’m just saying I, personally, think it would be more fun if Warzone Firefight was balanced in such a way as to make req weapons useful like vehicles are, or even like, half as useful as vehicles. But the reality is that it is not :confused: