A New MM Method

I’m creating this thread to both critique the idea I have for MM in Halo 4 as well as generate new ideas that we can make as a community (perhaps for this title or titles in the future).

First off, I’m sick and tired of Exile. I also really enjoy Haven… but it’s voted for so freaking often that it’s becoming old and stale. I don’t want that map to get old. So I’d like to state that this FPTP (first past the post) voting system has to stop… like, yesterday.

What I propose instead is that a player is given the option to select which playlist he/she wants and is also given the option of selecting a preferred map before the player is matched into a game. If there’s no game with the selected map, then that person now hosts a new lobby for other players to join (I figure this would be populated by people that claim they have no preference on the map).

Thoughts and opinions on this proposition?

They should just go with the Halo 2 system. No vote, BOOM map variety.

Too bad Halo players are too greedy now adays and expect to constantly get what they want. The JIP system ruined Halo 4. Especially with the ability to quit out during the map selection screen.

Variety is the spice of life and the voting system sure doesn’t ensure variety. Just like I say every single time I post in a thread like this. Could you imagine how overplayed Lockout would have been with a voting system in Halo 2? I would have probably played Colossus a whole 5 times my whole Halo 2 career.

> They should just go with the Halo 2 system. No vote, BOOM map variety.

that was only ok because the maps didn’t suck

> > They should just go with the Halo 2 system. No vote, BOOM map variety.
>
> that was only ok because the maps didn’t suck

I’d say there were a couple of maps that were kinna lacking in Halo 2. We remember the good ones, but when I get a game I’d like to experience the full package rather than its best note over and over and over again.

In that sense, yes, I do think H2’s “Here’s your map and game, just deal with it,” is a far superior way to go over this stupid first past the post system. It was bad in Halo Reach, it shouldn’t have been in Halo 4. Heck, I’d be happy with Halo 3’s veto system. That still promised variety.