a new kind of ordance

if ordances do return, which i would not prefer but they obviously are i would like a player to have to go to some kind of terminal or something and have to get them from there, also they would be dropped at a random point on the map, which would give the chance of the enemy team getting them instead, making ordances able to backfire on you. not really that op anymore

I sharply disagree with this.

It removes the strategic value of ordnance, needing to go to a designated zone to get it like this. Let’s say I have an Overshield ready I’m planing to use once I get near enemies. Ok now I can’t do that. I have to go out of my way to get my ordnance OS and have it degrade a bit as I come back to the fight. It hurts gameplay.

Also enemies might get my ordnance? What kind of reward is this for playing well? No just no. Ordnance is fine as is.

I strangely agree with Sammy on this.

All this change would do is make Ordinance even more random. If it requires extra effort to use, and has a high chance of ending up in the other team’s hands, most people would probably not even use it. At that point, might as well remove it.

Here-here!

Having ordinance randomly drop onto the map would be even more unbalanced than just giving it directly to the players. I mean, at least they earned it by fighting, not by being in the right place at the right time.

> if ordances do return, which i would not prefer <mark>but they obviously are</mark> i would like a player to have to go to some kind of terminal or something and have to get them from there, also they would be dropped at a random point on the map, which would give the chance of the enemy team getting them instead, making ordances able to backfire on you. not really that op anymore

My question is why do you think it is obvious it is going to return? I think the exact opposite. I am thinking and hoping it won’t.

You know what you should earn by doing well? The lead…

…not a rocket launcher: the equivalent of stepping on somebody’s neck while they’re down.

Anyway, I hope ordnance is gone from PVP, but IF it returns, I think the only way it would ALMOST be balanced is with a timer countdown, with NAV, and with notification as to what will be included in the drop that EVERYBODY can see.
These would obviously not be personal drops, so they’d have no relation to performance… which is a good thing.

I wish we can get rid of ordnance all together its very game breaking. The fact I can spawn in a power weapon just by getting a few kills is stupid.

In Halo 3 you had to fight for the power weapons already on the map even hardcore halo players timed when each weapon would spawn when they grabbed it and they can calculate the time as to when it would spawn again the have control over the flow of the game.

But sadly now anyone who gets a certain amount of kills can spawn anything up to a rocket launcher to over shields these power weapons and powerups should be pick ups on the map only.

Also weapons shouldn’t disappear after 20 freaking seconds after I die thats stupid aswell

> Also weapons shouldn’t disappear after 20 freaking seconds after I die thats stupid aswell

The worst part is that they actually disappear in twelve seconds.

Oh 343 why? And also there are no freaking normal weapons on the ground like a DMR or BR like in Halo reach and 3.

Plus plasma pistol should be a map pick up only not something you can spawn with I cant freaking drive a mantis or warthog with out hearing 5 different enemy’s charging up their plasma pistols to stop me and stick me with plasma grenades

> I sharply disagree with this.
>
> It removes the strategic value of ordnance, needing to go to a designated zone to get it like this. Let’s say I have an Overshield ready I’m planing to use once I get near enemies. Ok now I can’t do that. I have to go out of my way to get my ordnance OS and have it degrade a bit as I come back to the fight. It hurts gameplay.
>
> Also enemies might get my ordnance? What kind of reward is this for playing well? No just no. Ordnance is fine as is.

So you think it’s fair to give players a “random” weapon reward, but it’s not fair to drop it at a “random” location on the map? I though you were in favor of this kind of thing? More random means more competitive, right?

> So you think it’s fair to give players a “random” weapon reward, but it’s not fair to drop it at a “random” location on the map? I though you were in favor of this kind of thing? More random means more competitive, right?

I don’t really think its fair to call him out when he takes a more popular opinion.

That being said, I think its because this version of ordinance would be ‘random’ on a whole other level. Most of sammy’s ideas tend to work more in RPG’s or rts style games, not an arena environment. He’s often about giving players choice. Randomness is not sammy’s goal, its choices and customization.

This version of ordinance isn’t choice, its throwing a power weapon on the field randomly after so many kills.

I think the ordinance pod should be the method of how weapons “respawn” onto the map. However, I don’t think any player should be in control of what or when an ordinance spawns, aside from using that weapon.

> > I sharply disagree with this.
> >
> > It removes the strategic value of ordnance, needing to go to a designated zone to get it like this. Let’s say I have an Overshield ready I’m planing to use once I get near enemies. Ok now I can’t do that. I have to go out of my way to get my ordnance OS and have it degrade a bit as I come back to the fight. It hurts gameplay.
> >
> > Also enemies might get my ordnance? What kind of reward is this for playing well? No just no. Ordnance is fine as is.
>
> So you think it’s fair to give players a “random” weapon reward, but it’s not fair to drop it at a “random” location on the map? I though you were in favor of this kind of thing? More random means more competitive, right?

I could not be less in favor of this. How would you feel if you earned a well deserved sniper by playing well and called it in, only to have it drop right next to your opponents as you proceed to be sniped several times with it?

> I could not be less in favor of this. How would you feel if you earned a well deserved sniper by playing well and called it in, only to have it drop right next to your opponents as you proceed to be sniped several times with it?

Exactly my point. Do you understand now why so many people find the concept of Personal Ordnance to be inherently unfair and game breaking?

Let me throw a different scenario at you. You’re in a tough battle with another player. You take down his shields and you’re about to finish him off when he takes you out with a melee. You think, “man, I almost had him. But I’ll get him now.” you run back to where he was only to discover that he has gotten a rocket launcher from PO and he blows you away with it. How would that make you feel?

> Let’s say I have an Overshield ready I’m planing to use once I get near enemies. Ok now I can’t do that.

It’s a GOOD thing you can’t do that.

Shields go down. Instead of dying you pop the overshield. Your opponent can’t do anything but run away, and most of the time he can’t even do that. You -Yoinked!- him out of a well deserved kill by abusing an utterly BROKEN game mechanic.

Not to mention a whole team can literally horde up overshields in Halo 4 and pop them all at the same time, rendering them practically invincible.

Early Halo’s;
Why do we only have one overshield on the map?
Why does it take a long time to respawn?
Why does it start the instant you pick it up?

To specifically prevent the above scenarios.

And all this is still different than the OP’s suggestion of the ability to get a power weapon purely by being in the right place at the right time.

> > I could not be less in favor of this. How would you feel if you earned a well deserved sniper by playing well and called it in, only to have it drop right next to your opponents as you proceed to be sniped several times with it?
>
> Exactly my point. Do you understand now why so many people find the concept of Personal Ordnance to be inherently unfair and game breaking?
>
> Let me throw a different scenario at you. You’re in a tough battle with another player. You take down his shields and you’re about to finish him off when he takes you out with a melee. You think, “man, I almost had him. But I’ll get him now.” you run back to where he was only to discover that he has gotten a rocket launcher from PO and he blows you away with it. How would that make you feel?

Irrelevant to what we were discussing. We were talking about YOUR ordnance you earned arbitrarily being sent right into enemy hands. That’s not ok.

> > > I could not be less in favor of this. How would you feel if you earned a well deserved sniper by playing well and called it in, only to have it drop right next to your opponents as you proceed to be sniped several times with it?
> >
> > Exactly my point. Do you understand now why so many people find the concept of Personal Ordnance to be inherently unfair and game breaking?
> >
> > Let me throw a different scenario at you. You’re in a tough battle with another player. You take down his shields and you’re about to finish him off when he takes you out with a melee. You think, “man, I almost had him. But I’ll get him now.” you run back to where he was only to discover that he has gotten a rocket launcher from PO and he blows you away with it. How would that make you feel?
>
> Irrelevant to what we were discussing. We were talking about YOUR ordnance you earned arbitrarily being sent right into enemy hands. That’s not ok.

Let me put it to you a different way then:
You and an opponent both earn ordnance at the same time. you’re on opposite sides of the map. You get a choice of a needler, pulse grenades and a scattershot. Your opponent gets a sniper rifle, rocket launcher and a rail gun. Is that fair?

Now add random location to the mix. You select your ordnance and it drops in front of your opponent, and his drops in front of you. Which scenario is more fair?

no pls

A new kind of ordnance? Hell no. How about NO kind of ordnance? I don’t want ordnance to return in Halo. It doesn’t belong. Never has, never will.