A new kind of halo.

What is below is a post I made in another forum. I would like many of you to read this and consider some of the points I am trying to make.

> What people fail to realize is that rereleasing a game that was popular years ago is not the answer. Yes halo2 is a good game but what sense does it make just to release the same game over again. Halo 2 was popular in its time but halo needs to change. If halo 4 is exactly the same as halo 2 it wont be as successful just because halo 2 was, and that’s what people on this forum just aren’t getting. Society is moving on, technology is getting better, and people want to see something new. Why not reevolve halo for a new generation, just like the first Halo evolved fps in general. I just don’t understand why people are so attached to the old games that they are too stubborn to move on.

I agree, but there is one thing that can’t change. And that’s what a lot of people are worried about. And that would be whether or not it still feels like Halo. If you lose that than the title is meaningless.The integrity of Halo can’t be soiled. However I don’t think Halo 4 will lack that feeling of being a Halo game, so I’m for the most part not worried. As of now anyway, and I hope I keep that feeling about the game.

> What is below is a post I made in another forum. I would like many of you to read this and consider some of the points I am trying to make.
>
>
>
> > What people fail to realize is that rereleasing a game that was popular years ago is not the answer. Yes halo2 is a good game but what sense does it make just to release the same game over again. Halo 2 was popular in its time but halo needs to change. If halo 4 is exactly the same as halo 2 it wont be as successful just because halo 2 was, and that’s what people on this forum just aren’t getting. Society is moving on, technology is getting better, and people want to see something new. Why not reevolve halo for a new generation, just like the first Halo evolved fps in general. I just don’t understand why people are so attached to the old games that they are too stubborn to move on.

We won’t move on because Halo multiplayer has always been the person with the best Skill wins, and with the info that was released it seems like Halo is a new part of the COD franchise.

and if re-releasing an older game won’t sell, how come CEA sold copies?

Theres good change, there’s bad change, and then there’s imitating a game that most of your fanbase hates. I think the choice is obvious.