A New Hand Thrown Grenade Idea

This would be a hand-thrown grenade that would be all concussive force with no fire and no fragmentation a bit like the concussion rifle rounds. They would have a slightly bigger blast radius than a fragmentation grenade, about 2 times the force and about a fourth of the damage. They might stick like plasma grenades but they wouldn’t bounce off walls, floors, or ceilings once before they stuck which would possibly make them easier to time. They could make your screen wobble for 1 or 2 seconds so it would have an effect on tanks and flying vehicles. How violent the shaking is and how long it last could depend on your proximity to the grenade when it goes off. It might also have a proximity detonator like a mine that would go off if an enemy got close enough to it so you could set traps but that doesn’t seem like the type of thing Halo would have so I doubt that would happen. It would be similar to a flash bang except it would also force the thrower to readjust their sights as well as blind the victim so it wouldn’t be as annoying.
I can just imagine RvB or any other Halo Machinima using this or playing big team and seeing a warthog flying around the map.

If I’m reading this right… They stick to surfaces like Spike and Pulse grenades, do little to no damage, and serve only to disorient players?

Also there are actually proximity based mines. The landmine equipment in Halo 3 (As well as the automated mines on Sandtrap) and the landmines you can place in Halo 4’s forge :slight_smile:

Mostly right. Except they would fling stuff around harder than any other grenade. The concussive blast was more what I was focused on. The screen shake was kind of an add on idea

Wow I had totally forgotten about all those examples of mines in Halo. I don’t know how I didn’t think of a single one of those.

Or a grenade that sticks to surfaces but has the same power as a landmine from Halo 3 and doesn’t give off that obvious red glow like the ones from the sticky detonator. The grenades above that disable the HUD could be quite good though, like a disorientating Flash/EMP burst.

Good ideas but I was thinking the fact that it threw people and smaller vehicles around was the main point of it. The screen shake was just to make it actually affect larger vehicles.

OPs idea is essentially like the concussion grenade from Team Fortress Classic. When it was thrown, it exploded and knocked everyone back quite far, and also disorientated them.

It could also be used to jump to higher points in the map by throwing the grenade and timing a job close enough to thrust you upwards and over a wall or fence.

I never played team fortress (don’t hate me) so I’ll have to take your word for it but the enhanced mobility through nade jumps is a great idea.

> I never played team fortress (don’t hate me) so I’ll have to take your word for it but the enhanced mobility through nade jumps is a great idea.

I haven’t either, and I don’t plan on ever getting near it, but that’s off topic.

Everything being said, I don’t really think this grenade would be a good idea, but 343’s got the last word on it. If they want a grenade that can’t do damage and only serves to knock stuff around, that’s their call. I could see the Prometheans using it, but I don’t like the idea of the player using it.

Why don’t you like the idea of players using. Please elaborate

I like this idea. If they bring back loadouts maybe this could replace the plasma grenade because it would only work on smaller vehicles, and it wouldn’t destroy them, just flip them if you throw it right.

> > I never played team fortress (don’t hate me) so I’ll have to take your word for it but the enhanced mobility through nade jumps is a great idea.
>
> I haven’t either, and I don’t plan on ever getting near it, but that’s off topic.
>
>
> Everything being said, I don’t really think this grenade would be a good idea, but 343’s got the last word on it. If they want a grenade that can’t do damage and only serves to knock stuff around, that’s their call. I could see the Prometheans using it, but I don’t like the idea of the player using it.

In substitute for Jetpack this would be a fantastic idea.

I don’t know how a grenade would replace an armor ability

> If I’m reading this right… They stick to surfaces like Spike and Pulse grenades, do little to no damage, and serve only to disorient players?

If you played Perfect Dark, its basically the N-Bomb. It sounds underwhelming, but is actually extremely over-powered if it is anything like the N-Bomb. Still not a good idea because this could be heavily abused.

I like this idead, Perhaps a proxy conc mine.