A New Game Mode?

this is just an idea

Ok, first of all I would like to say that this is a new game mode, not the entire multiplayer experience. It gets it’s own special spot on the main menu, along with forge and theater. This game mode would have to have large teams, probably like 20 vs 20, and it would only be possible with dedicated servers, due to lag.

So this is how the game begins. you spawn in either a UNSC cruiser or a Covenant cruiser depending what team you are on, this area is like a lobby, where you get to puchase guns and armour abilitys with KP (Kill Points). every team has an assigned team leader whome can puchase vehicles with VTP (Vehical Team Points), a team gets 1 VTP by getting 5 kills. once you have what you want you either go to a UNSC HEV, or a Coventant HEV, or ride in style in a pelican or phantom and sit there until evryone has what they need, after a min countdown all players will focabley be put into a HEV or dropship and a cinimatic trailer starts or a short cutscene that shows you going to the battle field like in halo odst where you fall from space in a drop pod and can see stuff out a window, to “The Perfect Map”. the spawn = http://www.flickr.com/photos/65203886@N03/6279975917/

“The Perfect Map” is a map, imo, that utilizes everything. That means every weapon, and vehicle. That means that the map must have large open areas for snipers, vehicles ect… but, it must also have tight areas where the shotgun would be the best weapon, and everything in between. It would be a hard map to make but I believe 343 would be able to pull it off.

When you enter the map you will start off with normal team slayer. The score will be 500. Once you’re team scores 500 kills, you will be given a bomb, and you must finish up the game with a game of assault. However you will ONLY be given the bomb if you reach 500 kills. If blue team has 500, but red team only has 450, then the red team won’t be given a bomb. Once red team also get 500, they get their own bomb.

all about TP (Team Points)

Team Points would be like Campaign scoring. so every time you kill somebody you get a point, and you get more points when you get medals. Now obviously these points can be used for bragging rights, but maybe they can do more. Ok lets say you were doing really good, you just got a killing frenzy, but you died. You have a lot of points, because you got 10 kills, and not to mention the medals. So you spawn in the cruiser, but instead of going straight down, you go to a weapons shop. With those points you can buy a secondary weapon. Now I bet the thing I just said probably made 50% of the Halo Reach forum’s population get mad, but just bare with me. These weapons would be expensive, so even though you got 10 kills, maybe you only have enough points for a Battle Rifle, or Carbine. In order for you to get a sniper, you would have to have way more points. However to keep it fair you can only buy 1 weapon at a time, so you can’t go down with a sniper and rockets. Don’t worry though, there will still be weapons on the map.

Now if you have been reading this far and aren’t mad at me, you might like what’s next. Ever been in the position where you need a vehicle, except you can’t find one. Well I think we should be able to call in vehicle drops, from a pelican. You would obviously call in the drops using your points. So lets say I called in a pelican to drop me a mongoose. I would have to hold my position, for 30 seconds, until the pelican comes. If I die, the pelican will come anyway, and drop the vehicle, anybody would be able to take it.

So that is the basic of the mode I am thinking of. Obviously there are problems with this idea, like communicating with a team of 20 but people have said a squad system might work. So yeah, this is my idea, and tell me what you think.

- the perfect world -

Heres an example: http://www.flickr.com/photos/65203886@N03/6280897838/

if you want to help out creating an example of the perfect world, save the image in the link and edit it to you likeing then post again later on.

reserved

It’s a great idea.

I would change, as you anticipated, the part where we go and buy weapons with our points. Inside the Cruiser, there are numerous weapon stashes locked in diffrent rooms that become available every time you get a certain number of kills.

Each weapon stash, depending on how easy it is to unlock, would hold specific weapons (the stash that requires 100 points would hold ARs, Maulers, SMGs, and Frag Grenades. The last one that requires 100,000 points would hold a Spartan Laser, a few Swords, and a Missile Pod) These are just examples.

Ex. You get 10 kills (as you said) and imagine those 10 kills scored you 100 points. In order to open the first door to get to the first weapon stash, you need 150 points. Once you have 150 points, you can walk up to any of the stashes that require 150 points or less to unlock, and unlock it.

You bring up some good ideas.

I think awsome, thats what i think… i always wanted something like that…really hope that they do something like that

only one prob, we are fighting a new enemy, plus, that is not a shadow, other wise great

really wish you could incorperate heavy vehicles in that

You stole this idea from a member on Bungie.net. That post was created months back and now your reposting it without giving credit.

well, it has also been made at 343industries.org and so smart minds think alike

> You stole this idea from a member on Bungie.net. That post was created months back and now your reposting it without giving credit.

i’m the guy that posted it months ago on bungie.net, infact its been more than a year, since then i have deleted my account on b.net and maid an account here so yeah… cannot really steal my own idea, and anyway this topic is my idea combined with 100’s of diffrent players ideas.

I’ve been thinking of a mode like this too…it would be better than invasion.

Piloting the Seraph or Pelican was my main thought being given the right by highest rank? I don’t know, but it would be cool to have ‘big ships’ in an invasion type mode…

> > You stole this idea from a member on Bungie.net. That post was created months back and now your reposting it without giving credit.
>
> i’m the guy that posted it months ago on bungie.net, infact its been more than a year, since then i have deleted my account on b.net and maid an account here so yeah… cannot really steal my own idea, and anyway this topic is my idea combined with 100’s of diffrent players ideas.

i rememver that post, anyway i like the idea because i love large multiplayer battles (i play alot of bad company 2)

> I’ve been thinking of a mode like this too…it would be better than invasion.
>
> Piloting the Seraph or Pelican was my main thought being given the right by highest rank? I don’t know, but it would be cool to have ‘big ships’ in an invasion type mode…

invasion is based of this, if you go to the orginal thread on b.net - located here - http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=35882609&postRepeater1-p=1 bungie mad a couple of comments around the 50’s mark,

also i can vouch for s p 4 r t 4 z, he used to be called ujjval16, i have him added on xbox live

> > You stole this idea from a member on Bungie.net. That post was created months back and now your reposting it without giving credit.
>
> i’m the guy that posted it months ago on bungie.net, infact its been more than a year, since then i have deleted my account on b.net and maid an account here so yeah… cannot really steal my own idea, and anyway this topic is my idea combined with 100’s of diffrent players ideas.

its just difficult to take everyones word because of so many stealing ideas. But I cant say I dont believe you or not, but yeah its a fun idea, but it would take alot.

> > I’ve been thinking of a mode like this too…it would be better than invasion.
> >
> > Piloting the Seraph or Pelican was my main thought being given the right by highest rank? I don’t know, but it would be cool to have ‘big ships’ in an invasion type mode…
>
> invasion is based of this, if you go to the orginal thread on b.net - located here - http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=35882609&postRepeater1-p=1 bungie mad a couple of comments around the 50’s mark,
>
> also i can vouch for s p 4 r t 4 z, he used to be called ujjval16, i have him added on xbox live

come on xbox, i will have a game with you

> > > You stole this idea from a member on Bungie.net. That post was created months back and now your reposting it without giving credit.
> >
> > i’m the guy that posted it months ago on bungie.net, infact its been more than a year, since then i have deleted my account on b.net and maid an account here so yeah… cannot really steal my own idea, and anyway this topic is my idea combined with 100’s of diffrent players ideas.
>
> its just difficult to take everyones word because of so many stealing ideas. But I cant say I dont believe you or not, but yeah its a fun idea, but it would take alot.

i know what you mean, cannot trust anyone these days, also i just like to point out it werent all my idea, i changed it over time to what people like the most, people kept giving better solutuions and more ideas

cant…
whats your gammertag
i can play with you tommorow
mine is saifa117

> > > I’ve been thinking of a mode like this too…it would be better than invasion.
> > >
> > > Piloting the Seraph or Pelican was my main thought being given the right by highest rank? I don’t know, but it would be cool to have ‘big ships’ in an invasion type mode…
> >
> > invasion is based of this, if you go to the orginal thread on b.net - located here - http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=35882609&postRepeater1-p=1 bungie mad a couple of comments around the 50’s mark,
> >
> > also i can vouch for s p 4 r t 4 z, he used to be called ujjval16, i have him added on xbox live
>
> come on xbox, i will have a game with you

soz dude, i just got of the xbox, my bro is going on

> cant…
> whats your gammertag
> i can play with you tommorow
> mine is saifa117

sorry i wernt talking to you, i was talking to commander, i dont know you, but hell why not i will have a game with you tomoz, i will send you an invite in a bit

gammer tag please