A new form of smurfing?

Sorry, couldn’t come up with a better title with the 50 letters I can use…

Until now, I thought ranking worked with winning and losing games, but I’m not so sure anymore. Hope someone can explain this to me:

I will not give his name, but today I played a few games against a guy who just demolished us (and teabagged after every kill). At the point I’m writing this he played 65 games and won 51 of those games. He has a K/D of 1.9. Yet, he has never been higher than gold 6 and he’s level 21.

Is this some form of smurfing I don’t understand? He is ranked as “just” a gold 6 player, yet his K/D and wins are way to high for a gold player.

Long story short: How is it possible to don’t surpass gold 6 when you win almost 80% of your matches?

Thanks for any help!

Took some digging but I found your answer. The person in question made a new account, then lost/dnf’d all the placement matches to get an initial rank of Bronze 3. Game 10 of placements he went 2-16. The very next game he went 24-5. So he had just won his way up to Gold 6 when you ran across him. Who knows what his actual skill is, but that’s actually not a new way to smurf, it’s the classic way, and it ruins Halo. Fortunately 343 is smarter than we give them credit for, because the matchmaking system eventually figures out what’s up. Mr. Smurf got placed against mid-high diamonds and platinums his last 2 games and he lost.

> 2535468812026872;2:
> Took some digging but I found your answer. The person in question made a new account, then lost/dnf’d all the placement matches to get an initial rank of Bronze 3. Game 10 of placements he went 2-16. The very next game he went 24-5. So he had just won his way up to Gold 6 when you ran across him. Who knows what his actual skill is, but that’s actually not a new way to smurf, it’s the classic way, and it ruins Halo. Fortunately 343 is smarter than we give them credit for, because the matchmaking system eventually figures out what’s up. Mr. Smurf got placed against mid-high diamonds and platinums his last 2 games and he lost.

Thanks for the digging! Can’t believe someone wants to be a smurf like that. Having to lose or not finish 10 games and then go on to destroy noobs. What an -Yoink-.

I played against multiple smurf accounts yesterday. On person even had his tag say SMRF…

I mean teabagging new players makes me think this guy was a normal smurf account. However, because he did not try to rank back down after his initial placement, it makes me think that he ranked low just so he could try out climbing the ladder from the bottom. I’ve heard of people doing this for a “challenge” in other games because you have to be good enough to carry your team in some cases. This is not to say I condone his actions.