A New Firefight Experience

Hello Fellow Spartans

I was thinking recently… you know what would be awesome? A nice dedicated firefight game mode like ODST and Halo Reach had. I thought ODST’s firefight was epic. The sense of danger you had when your health was low was intense! To be honest, I wasn’t a fan of Halo Reach’s or Halo 5’s firefight mode playlists as much simply because it felt more like… an arcade at times just racking up points.
It would be so awesome to have a dedicated survival Firefight mode to return, where there would be achievements for reaching wave 50 on different maps. Maybe even with different enemies such as covenant, promethean, or even the flood. I believe even defense mechanics would be welcomed with open arms such as having to kill enough enemies to earn points to build an automatic turret, call in back up ODST AIs, or get certain weapons.
Being able to forge something like this would be awesome and would bring a whole new life to forgers and community content players. Can you imagine the creepy maps people would come up for Flood Firefights you could play with your friends? Someone has commented below that Forged firefights could even be progressed into a full on forged “Spartan Ops” community made mission. Man! Exciting.

Would you enjoy this? if you have any awesome ideas please comment below, I can add to the original post!

A flood only mode would be amazing.

Love the idea of calling in Backups or turrets as Reqs too

Id love to see ODDT stule FF return, with the ability to req out whatever you wanted similair to 5

I think adding the ability to place AI spawners and pathing in Forge and giving a large amount of customization options to recreate ODST Firefight and Spartan Ops short objects would be great. Forge maps could be fun to use for that purpose and allow some interesting placement of weapons, vehicles, cover (objects), and explosives. Maybe have a few AI allies like Reach’s one firefight map or like the dominion turrets form Halo 4. Adding flood as an enemy like the one mod for Halo CE could be great and amazing if new flood forms added. Also allow flood to take vehicles or flood infested vehicles that only option is to destroy. Bring back old covenant enemies like Brutes, Drones, Shield Drones, Skirmishers, and capture Engineers will make Firefight harder for those that want a challenge. Add the ability to place objectives to force the player to go out the hold out spots or spawn enough force that causes players to fall back like the ODST mission at the ONI facility.

I’m not a fan of the REQ system since it ensures no forge firefight will ever be made. I rather like to see forge firefight for the interesting things people will come up with it that nobody would have thought of type of gametypes.

Yes, Flood Firefight would be great. People have been asking for that since ODST. Expect it in Halo 7 as the next apology feature.

> 2533274833911732;2:
> A flood only mode would be amazing.
>
> Love the idea of calling in Backups or turrets as Reqs too

I think an animation like Halo 4’s “req call ins” would be awesome. Or even items dropped in like Halo Reach’s campaign.

> 2533274826044245;3:
> Id love to see ODDT stule FF return, with the ability to req out whatever you wanted similair to 5

I think this could work, only if we had the playlist options where REQ’s wouldn’t be an option. I think they can sometimes limit someone’s experience if they don’t have any REQ’s. I personally don’t mind REQ’s, but it would be cool too if there were limited weapon drops to intensify the sense of danger due to the scarcity of weapons!

> 2533274809946933;4:
> I think adding the ability to place AI spawners and pathing in Forge and giving a large amount of customization options to recreate ODST Firefight and Spartan Ops short objects would be great. Forge maps could be fun to use for that purpose and allow some interesting placement of weapons, vehicles, cover (objects), and explosives. Maybe have a few AI allies like Reach’s one firefight map or like the dominion turrets form Halo 4. Adding flood as an enemy like the one mod for Halo CE could be great and amazing if new flood forms added. Also allow flood to take vehicles or flood infested vehicles that only option is to destroy. Bring back old covenant enemies like Brutes, Drones, Shield Drones, Skirmishers, and capture Engineers will make Firefight harder for those that want a challenge. Add the ability to place objectives to force the player to go out the hold out spots or spawn enough force that causes players to fall back like the ODST mission at the ONI facility.
>
> I’m not a fan of the REQ system since it ensures no forge firefight will ever be made. I rather like to see forge firefight for the interesting things people will come up with it that nobody would have thought of type of gametypes.

I didn’t even think of the potential that add A.I. options to forge would create as far as “Spartan Op Shorts”! That’s awesome. I’m definitely going to add that to the original post.

> 2533274836465274;5:
> Yes, Flood Firefight would be great. People have been asking for that since ODST. Expect it in Halo 7 as the next apology feature.

That’s a negative way to put it… “apology feature”. I think 343 has tried with quite a bit. They’ve taken on quite the task and I’m sure there were a lot of guidelines none of non-developers would understand. Anyway man, we as the community are not entitled to anything but we can help shape the future of Halo Infinite with enough feedback about certain things we can be vocal about in a positive manner. I appreciate your support and comment though!

I appreciate all the comments and feedback! It’s good to know people would like something like this!

Negative, realistic; tomayto, tomahto.

I have a feeling it’s more likely to be an added feature after Infinite releases.
Kinda like how Halo 5 got addtional content post-launch.

In any event, I’d love to see a proper firefight mode return. Something that lasts a long time (50 waves?).

And this would be the game mode where reqs/loot crate items should be allowed.

I think H5 actually did it well, not having the reqs in Arena, and this should continue.
Keep them out of the really competitive play.

> 2533274836465274;5:
> Yes, Flood Firefight would be great. People have been asking for that since ODST. Expect it in Halo 7 as the next apology feature.

Who’s even to say 343 will even develop the next major Halo game

> 2533274836465274;5:

This made me lol a little to myself… then the potential truth of it made me sad. Maybe, if we’re lucky, they’ll release their apology as DLC about 6(ish) months after Infinite releases…

> 2533274839169395;1:
> Maybe even with different enemies such as covenant, promethean, or even the flood.

Fighting the Flood in Firefight has been one of my biggest wishes since ODST launched. I know I shouldn’t get my hopes up, but I have such high hopes for Infinite (especially with all the Zeta Halo/Mendicant Bias/Logic plague speculation, you know?)

My other hope for Infinite is that 343 will bring back Elites in multiplayer, like they were in H2/H3. I don’t want it to be like Reach, where they were only in certain modes; I want them to be treated the same as Spartans, and be playable across every mode (including Firefight!). Being able to fight as Spartans and Elites side-by-side (especially against the Flood, specifically) would be an awesome feeling, and it would fit perfectly into the lore, now, even if they still treat all MP as War Games “simulations” onboard the Infinity, considering that UNSC and the Sword of Sangheilios are working closer together.

I would like to see it presented in a fashion similar to Reach.

> 2533274839169395;1:
> Hello Fellow Spartans
>
> I was thinking recently… you know what would be awesome? A nice dedicated firefight game mode like ODST and Halo Reach had. I thought ODST’s firefight was epic. The sense of danger you had when your health was low was intense! To be honest, I wasn’t a fan of Halo Reach’s or Halo 5’s firefight mode playlists as much simply because it felt more like… an arcade at times just racking up points.
> It would be so awesome to have a dedicated survival Firefight mode to return, where there would be achievements for reaching wave 50 on different maps. Maybe even with different enemies such as covenant, promethean, or even the flood. I believe even defense mechanics would be welcomed with open arms such as having to kill enough enemies to earn points to build an automatic turret, call in back up ODST AIs, or get certain weapons.
> Being able to forge something like this would be awesome and would bring a whole new life to forgers and community content players. Can you imagine the creepy maps people would come up for Flood Firefights you could play with your friends? Someone has commented below that Forged firefights could even be progressed into a full on forged “Spartan Ops” community made mission. Man! Exciting.
>
> Would you enjoy this? if you have any awesome ideas please comment below, I can add to the original post!

+1 on the Firefight mode. In this day of “eva game gotta be habin sums battle royale” I would like to see MS lead the pack rather than follow it. Reach Firefight remains for me the most coop fun I have ever experienced in any game with a similar mode (Horde mode, etc) on any platform. And that is not just my opinion as the people I run with will follow suit in their sentiments as well.

They could make it as difficult as ODST firefight but add a feature that allows you to call in a weapon of choice at the end of every few rounds. So if theres a wraith and you don’t have a heavy weapon, you could call one in, go pick it up from the drop tube/pod and kill the wraith, then this ability recharges for a round or two.

> 2535447940912902;12:
> I would like to see it presented in a fashion similar to Reach.

I think Reach was near perfect in retrospect. Customizing your own variant was fun! I liked making “one life” versions. I should try it again just for fun… lol

> 2533274929866600;14:
> They could make it as difficult as ODST firefight but add a feature that allows you to call in a weapon of choice at the end of every few rounds. So if theres a wraith and you don’t have a heavy weapon, you could call one in, go pick it up from the drop tube/pod and kill the wraith, then this ability recharges for a round or two.

I think it could be fun to even integrate a version with REQs. I’d like to personally have the option to make your own variants like on Reach. A matchmaking making version where you actually survive against waves of enemies would be much better! I wouldn’t mind having the option to call in a REQ every two rounds or something. I’m just spitting random thoughts here.