A New Enemy Waypoint Service Record 7/8

I did a brief search to see if anyone had brought this up yet, but couldn’t find anything with relevant keywords in the forums search.

The mission “A New Enemy” has 3 optional objectives and 4 bonus objectives for a total of 7. Yet, when you check the service record on Waypoint, it says there are 8, and a total of 65 sub-objectives for the campaign, when there are 64. The achievement “A Lot Extra” for completing all bonus objectives will unlock at 64 as well.

Is one of these objectives hidden, or is this simply a glitch?

For support purposes, region is North America, playing on XB1.

Thanks for posting this. I’m trying to sort out the same thing.

IGN has a resource at http://www.ign.com/wikis/halo-wars-2/A_New_Enemy that lists 3 Optional and 4 Bonus Objectives for A New Enemy (thought the 4th is blank and appears to just be a placeholder).

The 7 that I’ve found are listed below (all listed on IGN plus the grenade ability added). Maybe someone else has seen the 8th one. I’m suspecting it could be something specific to a type of unit like the grenade ability that doesn’t appear on the list until you use it.

Halo Wars 2: A New Enemy
Optional Objectives:

• Destroy Banished supply silos (11) - Capture Decimus’ power nodes (4) - Establish a second baseBonus Objectives:

• Kill infantry with Hellbringers (15) - Use Restoration Drones (5) - Destroy enemy base structures with Hellbringers (20) - Use the grenade special ability (10)

> 2688086027587092;2:
> Thanks for posting this. I’m trying to sort out the same thing.
>
> IGN has a resource at http://www.ign.com/wikis/halo-wars-2/A_New_Enemy that lists 3 Optional and 4 Bonus Objectives for A New Enemy (thought the 4th is blank and appears to just be a placeholder).
>
> The 7 that I’ve found are listed below (all listed on IGN plus the grenade ability added). Maybe someone else has seen the 8th one. I’m suspecting it could be something specific to a type of unit like the grenade ability that doesn’t appear on the list until you use it.
>
> Halo Wars 2: A New Enemy
> Optional Objectives:
> - Destroy Banished supply silos (11) - Capture Decimus’ power nodes (4) - Establish a second baseBonus Objectives:
> - Kill infantry with Hellbringers (15) - Use Restoration Drones (5) - Destroy enemy base structures with Hellbringers (20) - Use the grenade special ability (10)

Yup, I found the same you have. I have completed all seven - and have also played through that level 4 times now without another one triggering.

I think it’s just a glitch in Waypoint tracking, but could be wrong.

Yeah, it must be a glitch since I got the achievement for completing all bonus objectives although having 7/8 on this particular mission only, too.