A New Enemy Bonus Missions

I’m brand new to HW2, but a HW1 old dog so bear with me here.
Alright so just a couple grievances that I hope someone can help me with here. Tried 2 times now to get gold on the mission A New Enemy on Heroic. Pretty straightforward mission, not difficult, but man these bonus objectives.

Kill infantry with Hellbringers bonus seems bugged. I tried playing once making nothing but Hellbringers and for whatever reason the bonus would not increase after a certain point. It simply stopped tracking kills at around 10 or 13. Eventually I gave up, but the real kicker is after I continued making progress in the mission (blowing up the second base) it tracked a couple more kills before stopping. By the end of it I managed to get to 15, but it definitely took way too long and the single unit choice was worse than I expected so my horrible losses and time to complete gave me bronze anyways.

Second attempt It got stuck at 13 and wouldn’t increase again so I gave up and killed the final base and fought Decimus. Ended the mission with 14 kills as the hellbringers killed off one of the grunt squads at the very very end and it actually counted. Very annoyed I didn’t manage to pull the troops back in time to make the hellbringers focus fire heh down another infantry.

As an aside, why are Hellbringers so incredibly horrible on this mission? I get them struggling with choppers, but they can barely trade 1 for 1 against infantry, which is not at all what I expected. They’re also pretty bad against buildings in general. I’m confused and would appreciate some insight into this

If you want a gold medal I suggest you play through the campaign until you unlock the Nightmare skull, replay the mission on easy with the skull on and if you do it quick enough (not too much over par time) you’ll get a gold medal! Also the Hellbringer bonus objective might be your Marines/Warthogs/Jerome stealing their kill, I suggest you keep them back while you try to kill enemies with the Hellbringers.

> 2535456353198696;2:
> If you want a gold medal I suggest you play through the campaign until you unlock the Nightmare skull, replay the mission on easy with the skull on and if you do it quick enough (not too much over par time) you’ll get a gold medal! Also the Hellbringer bonus objective might be your Marines/Warthogs/Jerome stealing their kill, I suggest you keep them back while you try to kill enemies with the Hellbringers.

No, I specifically made sure to beat the entire mission while ONLY using Hellbringers. It wasn’t keeping track of their kills.

And I guess I’m confused, are medals not tied to the difficulty level like HW1 was? In that game you could have a gold for normal difficulty, silver for heroic, and maybe another gold on a legendary attempt all for the same mission. Does HW2 track it only as “you managed to get a gold once” no matter what difficulty it was achieved on?

Also, why are the hellbringers so darn weak? xD

Weeeell shoot. Just went back and confirmed that is indeed how it works. What the heck is the point of the medals in the first place if anyone could just speed run it in Easy and get an instant gold wtf. Totally ruins the point of them. Oh well what’re ya gonna do I guess

Hellbringers became decent in multiplayer but they didn’t tweak them in he campaign, they aren’t that good.

Yeah I have straight up stopped making them they’re useless in campaign