A new difficulty?

In my opinion, Halo 4’s legendary was way too easy. So why not make a new difficulty in the next halo? An extremely hard difficulty with a new name that, in order to unlock it, requires you to beat the game legendary solo. Maybe call it Demonic difficulty, or Chaotic difficulty? I don’t know. What do you guy’s think the new difficulty should be called if there is one?
P.S: I am aware of mythic difficulty, but that is a fan made difficulty.

Didactic Difficulty :P- Every hostile is now armed with a Fuel rod Cannon and 3x Overshields.

• Headshots are no longer possible
  • Freindly Vehicles Blow up in a single shot
  • Enemies no longer drop weapons when killed
  • Allied Marines are now Armed with Fish as melee weapons and throw Moa burgers as Grenades :smiley:

/jk

but it would be cool to see a “Didactic Difficulty”, or something of the sort
and actually have SMARTER AI rather than more powerful AI.

it takes more skill to out-think an AI rather than to out-shoot it

1. Make Legendary difficulty like Halo CE
  2. Make Halo Reach’s Legendary and make it harder
  3. ???
  4. Profit

How about a wider assortment of skulls - and make more of them hidden in the Campaign.

I could take that over another difficulty any day of the week.

Here’s a better thought, just make Legendary hard again. Simple enough.

Basically campaign difficulty ends up depending on three things:

1. aim bot
  2. omniscient ai
  3. damage scaling

The four difficulty settings are probably more than enough if you space them evenly and make easy mode at least require a pulse to complete.

Creating a compellingly challenging experience would probably require scaling enemy ranks (grunts become jackals become elites become officers) or numbers. Aim bot and damage scaling certainly don’t accomplish that. They just become increasingly frustrating without creating dynamic game play.

> Didactic Difficulty :P- Every hostile is now armed with a Fuel rod Cannon and 3x Overshields.
> - Headshots are no longer possible
> - Vehicles Blow up in a single shot
> - Enemies no longer drop weapons when killed
> - Allied Marines are now Armed with Fish as melee weapons and <mark>throw Moa burgers as Grenades :D</mark>
>
> /jk
>
> but it would be cool to see a “Didactic Difficulty”, or something of the sort
> and actually have SMARTER AI rather than more powerful AI.
>
> it takes more skill to out-think an AI rather than to out-shoot it

You’ve got my vote!

I think Mythic difficulty should have it’s own option instead of putting all the skulls and considering it a difficultly. Like turning it on automatically turns on all skulls and locks them on until you choose a different difficulty.

> Didactic Difficulty :P- Every hostile is now armed with a Fuel rod Cannon and 3x Overshields.
> - Vehicles Blow up in a single shot
> - Allied Marines are now Armed with Fish as melee weapons and throw Moa burgers as Grenades :smiley:
>
> /jk
>
>

I vote the name be changed to “What?”

Well, maybe they could make turning on the skulls an official difficulty. If you complete the campaign on Legendary with all skulls on, your service record could say you beat the game on Mythic difficulty or something along those lines. In addition, there could also be an achievement for completing the game on that difficulty.

> - Freindly Vehicles Blow up in a single shot
> - Allied Marines are now Armed with Fish as melee weapons and throw Moa burgers as Grenades :smiley:
>
> /jk
>
>

This idea works too. :wink:

Noble:
Similar to having Thunderstorm, Catch, Tough Luck, Tilt and Mythic except you can still add those skulls (and the rest).

Encounters are purposely tweaked to change enemy types and drop setpieces.
Where before we may have faced off against a large number of Jackals and Grunts, Cloaking-type and basic Promethean Knights now exist.
Where before a few enemy squads of Elites and their kind patrolled, Promethean Knights and Commanders now guard.
Where there were Knights and Commanders, there’s now Battletanks and Hunters…

Vehicular encounters would be similarly scaled… I expect H2-type Enforcers and H3-type Scarabs, if not them specifically, “types” of large vehicles HEAVILY supported by large numbers of lighter vehicles would be awesome.

Weapon drops would be scaled up a bit but if one wants a big weapon, get it from an enemy :slight_smile:

Anyway you set it, Noble isn’t just about tweaking AI attributes (which if AI can be scaled to also be unique for Noble itself, !!!:)!!!), it’s about changing the encounters into something not built on thousands of hours of play-tested “formulae”.
The idea is “How much hurt can we put into this small area?”

And if the area isn’t small… Fill it anyways!
It’s not about making it the most consistently fun experience possible, it’s about seeing just how much punishment we really are willing to go through :slight_smile:
It’s about “What would YOU really put in here?” if you wanted to do nothing but try to survive a seemingly endless gauntlet.

Unlocked after beating Legendary :slight_smile:

Customizable options for editing enemies.

Why not just make a bonus level where we fight against overpowered/unique enemies named after developers? An easter egg of some sort.

Anyways, I’m tired of excess false/artificial difficulty. And unconvincing AI behavior. I miss CE… so I play it whenever I can.

>

Yes please.

Hehehe I love manipulating the AI.

> Basically campaign difficulty ends up depending on three things:
>
> 1) aim bot
> 2) omniscient ai
> 3) damage scaling
>
> The four difficulty settings are probably more than enough if you space them evenly and make easy mode at least require a pulse to complete.
>
> Creating a compellingly challenging experience would probably require scaling enemy ranks (grunts become jackals become elites become officers) or numbers. Aim bot and damage scaling certainly don’t accomplish that. They just become increasingly frustrating without creating dynamic game play.

This so much.

Halo 3 relied purely on those three factors. Likewise, Reach… Compared to Halo 1 and Halo 2*, it was pathetic. Halo 4 was a little better, but it’s still incredibly one-sided.

When was the last time we had varying enemy spawns? It’s the same enemies every time.

When was the last time we could be a Spartan? The strafe’s gone, the jump’s nerfed, the grenades are near useless, and the shield might as well not exist (takes forever to start recharging). The only thing we have is Sprint (which isn’t necessarily a good thing), the overpowered melee (which isn’t necessarily a good thing), and viable weapons.

*while Halo 2 did have AI with superior aim and damage, it had a good strafe and jump. And a grenade count of 4 which came in handy against waves of Elites. Also, the AI weren’t omniscient unless you turned on the skull found on The Armory

> Noble:
> Similar to having Thunderstorm, Catch, Tough Luck, Tilt and Mythic except you can still add those skulls (and the rest).
>
> Encounters are purposely tweaked to change enemy types and drop setpieces.
> Where before we may have faced off against a large number of Jackals and Grunts, Cloaking-type and basic Promethean Knights now exist.
> Where before a few enemy squads of Elites and their kind patrolled, Promethean Knights and Commanders now guard.
> Where there were Knights and Commanders, there’s now Battletanks and Hunters…
>
> Vehicular encounters would be similarly scaled… I expect H2-type Enforcers and H3-type Scarabs, if not them specifically, “types” of large vehicles HEAVILY supported by large numbers of lighter vehicles would be awesome.
>
> Weapon drops would be scaled up a bit but if one wants a big weapon, get it from an enemy :slight_smile:
>
> Anyway you set it, Noble isn’t just about tweaking AI attributes (which if AI can be scaled to also be unique for Noble itself, !!!:)!!!), it’s about changing the encounters into something not built on thousands of hours of play-tested “formulae”.
> The idea is “How much hurt can we put into this small area?”
>
> And if the area isn’t small… Fill it anyways!
> It’s not about making it the most consistently fun experience possible, it’s about seeing just how much punishment we really are willing to go through :slight_smile:
> It’s about “What would YOU really put in here?” if you wanted to do nothing but try to survive a seemingly endless gauntlet.
>
> Unlocked after beating Legendary :slight_smile:

omg this so much.

Haha I love that question. :smiley: I’d put an army for sure!

> - Freindly Vehicles Blow up in a single shot
>
> /jk
>
>

Are you trying to kill us, LOL, if that was a difficulty- I’d cherish Legendary for it’s do-ability

How about not removing features which create depth and complexity for core players and stop replacing them with high difficulty, close quarters based combat to make the games more appealing to a sub-segment of hardcore audience further pushing the hypocrisy of AAA accessibility.

Change is good.

> How about not removing features which create depth and complexity for core players and stop replacing them with high difficulty, close quarters based combat to make the games more appealing to a sub-segment of hardcore audience further pushing the hypocrisy of AAA accessibility.
>
> Change is good.

I consider myself one of those hardcore players and I agree with this.

They said all play styles could work. That’s definitely not the case.

Well a new difficulty would be interesting if harder than legendary, Solo all skulls on.

> I think Mythic difficulty should have it’s own option instead of putting all the skulls and considering it a difficultly. Like turning it on automatically turns on all skulls and locks them on until you choose a different difficulty.

This would be all I’d need.